• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Station 19 is basically just Chicago Fire except everyone fuckin'.

Supernatural is good but it's 15 fucking seasons. I watch it in bits between other shows. I think I'm in season five or six right now. I just started the final episodes of Vikings that Amazon just put up.
Did you like Chicago Fire more than Station 19?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I've got to the 5th episode of The Queens Gambit.
It's still great but I can't believe the poor girl has been orphaned twice! That's absurdly tragic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose you have to say which Claremont X-men. As he has written more X books than any living human.

I haven't read them for myself but apparently his two returns to the flagship X-Men series in the late 90s and mid 00s were disastrously bad which, coupled with X-Men Forever, is probably the reason he's being paid not to write anything at the moment.

Some of his spinoff work like X-Treme X-Men maintains a decent enough fanbase (if nothing else it was a traditional superhero X-Men comic in the Morrison/Casey/Austen/Milligan days) and his Nightcrawler series is unironically fantastic in every way.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read them for myself but apparently his two returns to the flagship X-Men series in the late 90s and mid 00s were disastrously bad which, coupled with X-Men Forever, is probably the reason he's being paid not to write anything at the moment.

Some of his spinoff work like X-Treme X-Men maintains a decent enough fanbase (if nothing else it was a traditional superhero X-Men comic in the Morrison/Casey/Austen/Milligan days) and his Nightcrawler series is unironically fantastic in every way.
I havent read any of his 90s X-men yet.
I'm working my way through his original 70s run and I finished his very long run on X-Factor too. Both are/were excellent.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havent read any of his 90s X-men yet.
I'm working my way through his original 70s run and I finished his very long run on X-Factor too. Both are/were excellent.

Yeah the series went super downhill once he left in 1991 (and all to curry favour with Jim Lee, who jumped ship the next year). The books still sold really well but by the late 90s it was starting to stagnate and that's ultimately what lead to Grant Morrison's New X-Men. Actually, I think Claremont was meant to be writing the flagship titles and was given X-Treme X-Men as a compromise, then took over again once Morrison was gone until about 2007.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get to page 2 without the Wall of Shame? Can't have that.

unknown.png

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
to this, the year of my greatest triumph; SNYDER CUT FOREVER y'all, no one's gonna keep me down

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Kurt Busiek is old school and his Avengers was a direct throwback to the 70s, but it is never okay to have thin vertical panels in your comic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Jeff the Land Shark just a big ripoff of Sharkpuppy

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck Kurt Busiek is wordy

I am not going to last five volumes of this

Maybe Messi was right all along that all comics made before 2012 are bad

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
when does king in black end so I never have to see Knull ever again

I don't for a second believe this is the end.

It's odd seeing all these DC books not featuring lmao man post future state. I wonder who will use him after Snyder. I don't see Tynion doing it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Station 19 does this really dumb thing where before every commercial break they flash like 5 or 6 images showing whats about to happen after the break. I mean, I get it, they want people to stick around after the break, but man is it distracting. Hope this is just what they do for the first season.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
I'll try to read more comics and manga this year, particularly from the backlog, without going overboard on new purchases. I really need to get in the habit of dropping things I don't enjoy. Maybe I'll learn how to do that this year too

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Busiek's Avengers is the last-gasp of that style of storytelling at Marvel, with thought bubbles and large narrative boxes. And what a way to go out.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for future state. Lots of great teams. Really excited for the art side of it. My characters all got great artists.

Moar

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I don't study I'ma cheat off Peter Parker
keep a liter of vodka inside my locker
use it like a book on the grey goose scenario
play you like a stereo hey you, where he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.