• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you currently read Spawn? (No judgement, only stats)

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 94.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Sideways would get another chance. Maybe the series wasn't so great, but was some serious potential for the character. I guess he was in Young Justice through, but I haven't gotten to that part.
New Age of Heroes was a pretty promising initiative but a lot of those books got canned super quick. Sideways and Silencer seemed like they were the best of the lot.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
My thing about the Joe Bennett apology is that I'd buy him misspelling "jewelry". Like writing that backwards? How many people read that and didn't catch that? Easy miss, easy mistake. But how do you justify the Star of David? Granted throwing him up against Ardian Syaf (the last one to actually do something like this), Ethan Van Sciver, or Jon Malin who fully owned up to their bullshit when called out is a bit different when he actually bothered to make an apology. They were all just "Oh yeah fuck those people." Doesn't mean he isn't doing this thing intentionally and then backpedaling, but like also just seems like a weird amount of effort to go "oh man let's see who notices this shit and then forgiveness is easier than permission y'know."

Not condoning or forgiving, but just stacking him up against other similar artist incidents in the past few years in the era of Comicsgate and all that this just seems so remarkably off. Like you have to intentionally do that, and it's only for public consumption. It's not like someone leaked your texts, which are intended to be a private conversation.
I really wish Sideways would get another chance. Maybe the series wasn't so great, but was some serious potential for the character. I guess he was in Young Justice through, but I haven't gotten to that part.
Bendis used Young Justice to push a bunch of younger heroes which was exactly what the Wonder Comics imprint was for. Sideways could've easily gotten another book under WC.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
OH FUCK I AM READING COMICS

HELP

Congratulations!

tenor.gif

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I started rewatching Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (last time I watched it was like 2013, I think). Man it's so good. The art style is just so good. I love that they went full Kirby for the Asgardians, too. Despite coming out around the time of the movies, not a lot of movie influences, beyond the SHIELD/StarkTech ties and the Hydra/Nine Realms stuff, which even then is fairly surface level. Cap going down to Red Skull instead of Zemo.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My thing about the Joe Bennett apology is that I'd buy him misspelling "jewelry". Like writing that backwards? How many people read that and didn't catch that? Easy miss, easy mistake. But how do you justify the Star of David? Granted throwing him up against Ardian Syaf (the last one to actually do something like this), Ethan Van Sciver, or Jon Malin who fully owned up to their bullshit when called out is a bit different when he actually bothered to make an apology. They were all just "Oh yeah fuck those people." Doesn't mean he isn't doing this thing intentionally and then backpedaling, but like also just seems like a weird amount of effort to go "oh man let's see who notices this shit and then forgiveness is easier than permission y'know."

Not condoning or forgiving, but just stacking him up against other similar artist incidents in the past few years in the era of Comicsgate and all that this just seems so remarkably off. Like you have to intentionally do that, and it's only for public consumption. It's not like someone leaked your texts, which are intended to be a private conversation.
A recurring theme in anti-semitism (and white supremacy and fascism more broadly) is the transparently implausible apology. The point is to be disbelieved by your critics and victims while providing enough cover for yourself if possible. It's about driving home the power imbalance and asserting control over the truth. "Look while I lie directly to your face. Yeah, I misspelled Jewelry, oops! Happens to best of us, definitely pay no attention to the star of David."
Anyone read the first chapter of this new Shonen Jump manga, "i tell c?"

Shit is bizarre.
I'm willing to give it a few issues. I've spent enough time watching wacky police procedural that I'd the mysteries or cast are good I can try one as a manga.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to give it a few issues. I've spent enough time watching wacky police procedural that I'd the mysteries or cast are good I can try one as a manga.
I mean, it wasn't bad. It didn't feel like 55 pages and it didn't drag or anything. It just seems like an odd premise. But then so is half the manga out there.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read the first chapter of this new Shonen Jump manga, "i tell c?"

Shit is bizarre.

Yeah, didn't see that twist coming. Hopefully the future chapters will stick to evidence that the reader has access to so we can try to guess at the culprit. Have a feeling the series will hinge on the female detective's backstory mystery.

Oh yeah, Aurica and I were talking about that. Very very wierd...

That new Elusive Samurai is also super wierd. Was not expecting that twist in c1.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Morrison Batman omnis currently not on IST? I didn't seem them via search and I know they're having stock issues with DC stuff.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Reading Strange Academy 8

There's no way that's anybody but the Empirikul Imperator

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest problem with Control was trying to shoot with the controller. Normally in 3rd person games I dont have a problem, but for some reason Control just felt like it was a lot harder to aim well, especially while moving. But here I just noticed in the PS5 version you can change the level of aim assist and snappiness lol. Was going to just try and play it with Mouse and Keyboard on PC, but figured id wait and see how good the PS5 upgrade was. Now im pissed I waited lol.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when you are winning in League of Legends and one of your teammates goes afk.
Then suddenly you are 4 vs 5 and are pretty much fucked.

Sigh. I need a drink.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Another new DLX revealed. Out in November.

71tX8oH-LPL.jpg

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite American Gods being my favorite book of all time, I've never really given much thought to reading the comic adaptation. Maybe burnout from the TV show being a letdown. All the same, though, the prose is what really makes the book - in general I've never really given the Dark Hose Gaiman adaptations a shot just because it seems like such an "inferior" way to consume those stories.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Despite American Gods being my favorite book of all time, I've never really given much thought to reading the comic adaptation. Maybe burnout from the TV show being a letdown. All the same, though, the prose is what really makes the book - in general I've never really given the Dark Hose Gaiman adaptations a shot just because it seems like such an "inferior" way to consume those stories.
I've been complaining about the TV show in the discord, it's gotten so bad. I have higher hopes for the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.