• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you currently read Spawn? (No judgement, only stats)

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 94.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy that Leo and Don have the argumentative relationship over Raph and Leo in the IDW TMNT ongoing. Very refreshing. Two different styles of thought and leadership, one spiritual and meditative with the other logical and calculating. I like it far more than the level-headed leader versus the hot-headed brawler that Leo and Raph always had. I mean it's a classic, but this is fresh.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy that Leo and Don have the argumentative relationship over Raph and Leo in the IDW TMNT ongoing. Very refreshing. Two different styles of thought and leadership, one spiritual and meditative with the other logical and calculating. I like it far more than the level-headed leader versus the hot-headed brawler that Leo and Raph always had. I mean it's a classic, but this is fresh.
I love most of the character interpretations in the IDW Turtles.
For example Bebop and Rocksteady are still goofy idiots, but they are also dangerously violent thugs with monstrous animal strength.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who is Namor fighting in the Avengers #42 preview?

cfecdf872f3a0a4ab2fdad87b42415d9._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else a big fan of this sweet little book?

yall are just flexing now!

Billys from IKEA are the best bookshelves ever.

them things sag with omnis, love them otherwise though

ok everybody calm down this is a shop

lol

Can't afford it

Or don't want to spend it?

yes

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Finished reading House of X and I decided to read it again with Power of X, like I should have done. Now the story makes sense. It was great.
I found interesting how Moira is important with all her deaths, trying to ensure Mutant's survival. And it fells weird seeing Magneto and Xavier working together and the mutant nation. But yeah, I enjoyed it a lot.

With these and Fantastic Four, so far Hickman is my favorite writer.

I also have read Wolverine 2020 and I liked it a lot. Currently waiting for the recent volumes to come out on Marvel Unlimited. I'm not in a hurry because I still have a lot to read.

Will start X-men 2019 after I finish some of your recommendations and I'm actually having a very good time with this. Thanks again!

If I was in the US right now, I would be on a comic shopping spree.

Oh and I can't stop thinking about timelines and stuff like that. Maybe I shouldn't think too much about this

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This season of the Expanse was great btw. But overall it felt like half of one larger story.

Oh and I can't stop thinking about timelines and stuff like that. Maybe I shouldn't think too much about this
What do you mean timelines? From HoX and PoX, or with the current X Books?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
That Spider-Man/Green Goblin art is now up to $3000.
Holy smokes.
It started at $9.99!

Its good its all going to charity though.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with Daredevil TP #5? It was suppopsed to be available today on InStock, but now it's not listed and clicking on the saved entry in my wishlist is a dead link. Release dates on other sites are all over the place. Did it sell out or is it delayed?

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Finished reading House of X and I decided to read it again with Power of X, like I should have done. Now the story makes sense. It was great.
I found interesting how Moira is important with all her deaths, trying to ensure Mutant's survival. And it fells weird seeing Magneto and Xavier working together and the mutant nation. But yeah, I enjoyed it a lot.

With these and Fantastic Four, so far Hickman is my favorite writer.

I also have read Wolverine 2020 and I liked it a lot. Currently waiting for the recent volumes to come out on Marvel Unlimited. I'm not in a hurry because I still have a lot to read.

Will start X-men 2019 after I finish some of your recommendations and I'm actually having a very good time with this. Thanks again!

If I was in the US right now, I would be on a comic shopping spree.

You read House of X without Powers of X? I don't use Marvel Unlimited, does it not group them together in any way?

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I have the hardcover of House of X and it groups both 6 issues minis together.
Although it's weird as the book is just called 'House of X'.
Not HoX/PoX.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
You read House of X without Powers of X? I don't use Marvel Unlimited, does it not group them together in any way?
Yes, without PoX first. Then I was told that both comics are read together and decided to read HoX again with PoX.

No, they aren't grouped together and the app sends you to the next HoX issue instead of changing to PoX. PoX is under the "series you might like".

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Dawn of X Vol. 1.

I enjoyed all of the series to various degrees, even Fallen Angels which I thought set up stuff well. I'm at least curious where it's going. The strongest were X-Force, Excalibur and Marauders. Really liking Kitty, Betty, Emma and it was nice to see Rogue, Gambit and Domino again. I like Sunspot but they felt pretty uninspired here.

I'll probably read a volume a night. So onto Dawn of X Vol. 2 tonight!

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If I post a picture of my cat yawning with the HoX HC beside her, that's on topic right?

Q2I1gTA.jpg

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Inferno was a definite blind spot in my X-Men reading but after reading through Masterworks 7 and remembering how damn wordy Claremont gets, I don't think I could take an omnibus.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys usually go with paperback or hardback? With novel books I do paperbacks since I like bending my books when reading, but a comic book omnibus is bigger in size so I might just want to rest it on a hardback anyway.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do you guys usually go with paperback or hardback? With novel books I do paperbacks since I like bending my books when reading, but a comic book omnibus is bigger in size so I might just want to rest it on a hardback anyway.

I prefer hardcover. I try not to buy paperbacks unless it's material that won't be released otherwise. I get Floppies but give most of them to my nephew and the rest I sell.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm more into paperbacks. Hardcovers are just a little too prestige for me.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Immortal Hulk #43: Finding little references in the art is fun. Anyways, Joe's great. He's just likeable even if he's skeezy, and a nice contrast to a more debbie-downer Bruce. Rick just can't catch a break can he, I don't think he's even coming back at this point. . Still, there's seven issues left, so maybe he'll get some good luck his way. I do wonder how Ewing's going to wrap this up in 7 issues though, there's quite a lot to conclude. Have a feeling the next few issues will go at blazing speed

Hellions #9: Orphan maker has entered his rebellious teen phase, this is fun . Mastermind makes a great antagonist for the team, I love the pseudo reality-warping stuff he pulls. Arcade is such a downgrade compared to him, gah

X-factor #7: Aw yeah this soap opera is right up my alley.Tommy fangirling over Northstar is adorable. Ah man, poor Daken. Gotta say since I'm not very familiar with Morrigan I didn't really see the twist coming. All that talk about abuse and trauma is about Siryn's relationship with Morrigan right? The ending was quite (intentionally) jarring too, whew. Can't wait for the next issue.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When you're right, you're right

shelfdust.com

Batman’s Greatest Enemy is… Doctor Hurt

Batman has been in fights all his life: physically, mentally, spiritually. But who or what is his greatest foe? Shelfdust asked some of our favourite comics critics to pick Batman’s Greatest Enemy……

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Hurt was an incredible villain.
I loved the mystery around his true identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.