• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you currently read Spawn? (No judgement, only stats)

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 94.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
When thinking about comics and OT I am reminded of that time someone made a thread about how much they like Batman White Knight and like eight of us went there just relentlessly trashing it for existing.

So that piece of trash got what it deserved?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do love my physies but MU and DCUI are great services. I am ashamed to admit it but other than weekly floppies I do most of my reading digitally. unless an omni is just the right size which is rarely the case

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Just about to head home from work, so will probably be more active in a bit, but a short intro:

Mostly into cape books these days. I'm one of those 90s kids who was indoctrinated by the X-Men cartoon and all of the popular X books. Still have a soft spot for mutants and have fallen in love with the Hickman run so far. Also have a soft spot for Spider-Man (however Dan Slott can kindly never touch the character again) and am an OG lover of the Spider-verse shenanigans, as my first floppy sub back in the day was Spider-Man 2099 (which, in retrospect, oooof). Love the less edgy takes on Batman. Have been satisfying my mandatory comics-lover pervy instincts (stay away, anime!) by collecting artgerm covers.

At this point, because digital makes it so easy I am basically consuming almost anything I can get my hands on in the subscription services, but would love to get more familiar with smaller publishers, creator-owned works and the like. I've been hanging around the thread checking out the suggestions here and there and have determined that you are all fine, upstanding and cultured members of society from whom I have much to learn.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just about to head home from work, so will probably be more active in a bit, but a short intro:

Mostly into cape books these days. I'm one of those 90s kids who was indoctrinated by the X-Men cartoon and all of the popular X books. Still have a soft spot for mutants and have fallen in love with the Hickman run so far. Also have a soft spot for Spider-Man (however Dan Slott can kindly never touch the character again) and am an OG lover of the Spider-verse shenanigans, as my first floppy sub back in the day was Spider-Man 2099 (which, in retrospect, oooof). Love the less edgy takes on Batman. Have been satisfying my mandatory comics-lover pervy instincts (stay away, anime!) by collecting artgerm covers.

At this point, because digital makes it so easy I am basically consuming almost anything I can get my hands on in the subscription services, but would love to get more familiar with smaller publishers, creator-owned works and the like. I've been hanging around the thread checking out the suggestions here and there and have determined that you are all fine, upstanding and cultured members of society from whom I have much to learn.

Well, if you like Spider-Man and hate Dan Slott then there's the current Amazing Spider-Man series by Nick Spencer which is more or less a direct call out to the Slott era and a back to basics approach to Peter.

As for non Marvel/DC series, it would help if you shared some of your interests so we can tailor a list for you because otherwise someone's gonna try and suggest Saga or Deadly Class.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I generally only buy physical comics if I'm in a store. Since the whole Covid thing, I don't think I've been in a bookstore for 11 months or so (other than one trip for Christmas where I bought a D&D Annual for myself), so things have been thin on the ground. Also I figured I don't tend to read them, they just end up on the shelf as a backdrop. I'm inclined to read digital way more because there's only a few seconds between hitting the buy button and starting to read.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
no one gets banned in these threads because we're adults

except my children but they're grown now

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I just read some random OT threads to prove a point that everyone gets hate for controversial work and I think I'm dumber now.

There is a reason I never leave my watched threads.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just read some random OT threads to prove a point that everyone gets hate for controversial work and I think I'm dumber now.

There is a reason I never leave my watched threads.

you're a brave soul for posting all that in the DCEU thread. I pop in there occasionally and it's exhausting to read

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Well don't leave us hanging.

Well, in this case, it was Snyder for JL. But I find that across every Watched thread I have, there's a certain acknowledgement that the general boards are horrible. In Star Wars, that's usually the backlash against TLJ/Johnson/Kennedy, but it's mirrored across Game of Thrones (DnD/GRRM himself), and other fandoms.

The same was true on the place that shall not be named when I was a mod. Most tend to think their personal fandom is the one that's most put upon and suffers in the Gaming and OT threads, but outside of recency bias spikes, it's pretty much shared. There's a threshold for action that requires the forum to turn against your fandom en masse that doesn't generally happen in terms of "I dislike a thing and its creator".

you're a brave soul for posting all that in the DCEU thread. I pop in there occasionally and it's exhausting to read
They're good folks! I loves them.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of buying my first physical comic book trade or what you call collections. Never owned anything but single issues when it comes to physical comic books.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of buying my first physical comic book trade or what you call collections. Never owned anything but single issues when it comes to physical comic books.

Do it!

This was one of my first books, would strongly recommend.

Bt-XOmRIgAAuFFf.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Have a 4mm kidney stone. Had to explain to my little cousin that lives with me that theres a little stone inside where my pee comes from lol.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Have a 4mm kidney stone. Had to explain to my little cousin that lives with me that theres a little stone inside where my pee comes from lol.
fuck. that's awful vic. I've had a kidney stone before. absolute nightmare.
Do you two drink much soda, or you just got unlucky with other health stuff?

I think I have like 2-3 sodas a year and avoid salty stuff when I can, but I'm gonna chug some water in solidarity right now.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you two drink much soda, or you just got unlucky with other health stuff?

I think I have like 2-3 sodas a year and avoid salty stuff when I can, but I'm gonna chug some water in solidarity right now.
While I can't be certain, I believe it was because I drank a lot of Gatorade at the time. Gatorade, coffee, and not as much water as I should have. Needless to say, I stopped drinking Gatorade after that and haven't had an issue since.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
While I can't be certain, I believe it was because I drank a lot of Gatorade at the time. Gatorade, coffee, and not as much water as I should have.
I see. Water has always been my main drink. I avoid caffeine, juice, and all that. There's no drink besides water that I have on a daily basis. I'll keep it up, because that sounds so fucking awful.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I used to get like 2 or 3 a year, but havent had a problem in like 6 or 7 years. Think its mainly because I havent been as active as I used to be since I stopped working over COVID.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its only bad when they get lodged in your kidney. Otherwise, they just shoot right out and you dont even know you had one until what feels like a hot coal or ember shoots out of your pee hole.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on a binge of buttered popcorn and pop for like two weeks now.

I don't know why I only started feeling this last night but it felt like my teeth were rattling around inside my mouth when I bit down and my pop felt practically acidic going down. Shit burned.

I can't have any tonight because I need to fast for blood work and I'm feeling big "what the fuck have I been doing lately" energy.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having some gut issues so I almost completely cut out soda/processed/fast food and went from 2+ cups of coffee a day to caffeine free in about 1-2 weeks. It was shockingly easy and I have infinitely more energy during the day I wonder why I didn't do this way earlier lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.