• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you currently read Spawn? (No judgement, only stats)

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 94.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound compelling at all lmao
Its mostly an afterthought.
Most of the time it involves an immortal dude firing rocket powered body parts at people and a girl so unlucky that if you touch her skin you'll probably be hit by a train 5 seconds later.

Honestly its so weird I can't even really explain it.

May 24, 2019
Aurica what are you up to?
www.resetera.com

Share your favorite horny music

Let's listen to Ska and Jazz (or whatever genre) with lots of trumpet, trombone, saxophone oops that's just made of brass, and other brass instruments! (Ignore the preview image. It's live footage of a Jazz group that covers Touhou/other otaku music)

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you, but for me Joelle at her best is untouchable.
Everyone talks about her Selina non-stop, so in the interest of not repeating the same thing yet again, I'll say that no one draws Talia better.

EDLaAxgXYAAo75D.jpg
EDLaCCuXoAEai7T.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original Dwayne McDuffie Static series is slowly getting released on CMX issue by issue instead of just dropping full collections or even the entire series in one go and there is a distinct possibility this is happening because DC wants to fuck with me, specifically.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The original Dwayne McDuffie Static series is slowly getting released on CMX issue by issue instead of just dropping full collections or even the entire series in one go and there is a distinct possibility this is happening because DC wants to fuck with me, specifically.
I told them to do it just to troll you.
Sorry, I was feeling devilish.

May 24, 2019
The only way they're together is if Bruce is drugged or hypnotized and the batfam has to save him. I dunno if I want Talia settling down into an acceptably heroic role like Selina.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Why did you change from your idol avatar?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How is the quality of the McDuffie Static scans going up on CMX?

EDIT: Jeez, theyve only done one issue so far lol. Its going to take forever!

But man I love that John Paul Leon art!

12126a3dd2e0dcf1a1ed3821deb23d3b._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
the one ship bruce really needs and will never get because any therapist he goes to would inevitably become a supervillain.

zur en arrh 2.0
Some of Gotham's most notable supervillains were psychologists or psychiatrists, which is a frightening thought.

Harley Quinn
Jeremiah Arkham
Hugo Strange
Scarecrow
Dr Hurt

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
finished Frank Miller's Ronin last night. book is filled with some absolutely incredible art, ill give it that. and the general idea of a samurai myth crossing over into a sci-fi story, mixing in elements of AI, telepathy, and a post-apocalyptic setting all work great. it's too bad that miller is a complete fucking goon. Spoilers from here on.

the story is legit about an AI manipulating and abusing a limbless intellectually disabled man, brainwashing him to be another person, manipulating him into using his telepathic powers to brainwash other people, including manipulating a woman into sleeping with him, while also adding a side cucking story, with an added bonus of race wars between nazis and panthers (portrayed as equally bad, naturally).

there's at least some unaddressed themes regarding pollution and ecology, as well as corporate militarism, in the background. but of course the caring scientists working to address these problems turn out to just create something even worse in the process, are shown to be corrupt/power-hungy/easily manipulated.

my favorite part is that this absolute has an awesome fold-out 4-page splash. hell yeah.

story - 3 / 10 - some interesting ideas and a solid premise buried beneath frank miller's assorted bigotries and masculine baggage.
art - 10 / 10 - easily my favorite frank miller work in terms of art. insane amount of detail. really exciting use of color and shading.
collection - 9 / 10 - beautiful absolute-sized pages. book is thick with little gutter loss. awesome fold-out 4-page splash. great intro/no outro and minimal extras.

ciTeRif.png

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
finished Frank Miller's Ronin last night. book is filled with some absolutely incredible art, ill give it that. and the general idea of a samurai myth crossing over into a sci-fi story, mixing in elements of AI, telepathy, and a post-apocalyptic setting all work great. it's too bad that miller is a complete fucking goon. Spoilers from here on.

the story is legit about an AI manipulating and abusing a limbless intellectually disabled man, brainwashing him to be another person, manipulating him into using his telepathic powers to brainwash other people, including manipulating a woman into sleeping with him, while also adding a side cucking story, with an added bonus of race wars between nazis and panthers (portrayed as equally bad, naturally).

there's at least some unaddressed themes regarding pollution and ecology, as well as corporate militarism, in the background. but of course the caring scientists working to address these problems turn out to just create something even worse in the process, are shown to be corrupt/power-hungy/easily manipulated.

my favorite part is that this absolute has an awesome fold-out 4-page splash. hell yeah.

story - 3 / 10 - some interesting ideas and a solid premise buried beneath frank miller's assorted bigotries and masculine baggage.
art - 10 / 10 - easily my favorite frank miller work in terms of art. insane amount of detail. really exciting use of color and shading.
collection - 9 / 10 - beautiful absolute-sized pages. book is thick with little gutter loss. awesome fold-out 4-page splash. great intro/no outro and minimal extras.

ciTeRif.png
Shame about that story.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I was underwhelmed by the Covid test experience after hearing about it lol

Also Aaron's getting a good art team on board.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Pat Gleason pulled into another bullshit event lol

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021
I'm not typically a fan of everything you know is wrong type stories. The Heroes Reborn thing sounds utterly skippable.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was underwhelmed by the Covid test experience after hearing about it lol

Also Aaron's getting a good art team on board.

underwhelmed by the Covid test
underwhelmed by the this event

But I will give it a shot with these artists. McGuiness hasn't really clicked with me on avengers, but I will still cheer him on.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
you get fucking Stokoe and you put him on goddamn Heroes Re-bore, good job Marvel

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how interconnected marvel stuff in comics is, when it comes to older runs do you just read the runs or try to read stuff connected too it. Like reading captain America or iron man and the person in the mask changes it makes me curious to see how that's handled in avengers

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Given how interconnected marvel stuff in comics is, when it comes to older runs do you just read the runs or try to read stuff connected too it. Like reading captain America or iron man and the person in the mask changes it makes me curious to see how that's handled in avengers

Really depends on the line. X-Men, usually I try to read the books of the time. Avengers no, I find they aren't as integrated so it's not as interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.