• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh knock it off, SGM has never been accused of being a white supremicist. An asshole, sure, but he's no EVS.

He sure as shit courted comicgate wanting their money for White Knight. Remember him saying White Knight wasn't political and that he wants the money from both the right and the left audiences.

Fuck him. He knows what he's doing.

He just happens to work with her now? What a coincidence.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Newsarama posted a statement/announcement(?). Jim Lee will be the sole publisher going forward and DC is apparently not being sold to Marvel???

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
65565a2e4fbb429636b01c5be49ec55fef527a53.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic Four #2 is actually going to be brought up in Empyre and relevant to why the Skrulls are mad at earth lol.

After showing the John Tyler Christopher "propaganda" teaser, Ryan Penagos throws to some classic moments from continuity that sets up this 2020 event. Fantastic Four #2 (where some Skrulls are turned into cattle), Avengers Annual #14 (where the Skrulls lose their shape-shifting gifts for a time), Fantastic Four #257 (FF save Galactus, who then destroys the Skrull Throneworld), Avengers #347 (Avengers fail to stop a Nega-Bomb detonation, which ends up killing many Kree - then Earth's Mightiest Heroes assassinate the Supreme Intelligence).

And even more recently, Secret Invasion #8 (where Norman Osborn murders Empress Veranke).

And in Guardians of the Galaxy #25, the X-Men "allow" the destruction of the Kree homeworld, Hala.

I really want to read this.
They need to put together a list of all the issues that should be read before the event comes out. Kinda like Batman The Black Casebook.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
David Rubin's artstyle changed in the last two volumes of Rumble and I ain't feeling it.

His style has always been very cartoony but it feels like with these last two volumes his characters become way too cartoony, to the point that their proportions weren't consistent anymore. He still does some panels that are packed with detail and are just gorgeous but it feel like his past volumes had way more of those.

[edit]

Like, Beowulf and Rumble 5 was more of this:
75H2rlB.jpg

And while you still see some of that in volume 5 and 6, I feel like I'm seeing more of this:

6qm9943.jpg

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'm back! sorry for being a bad example and getting banned for something totally lame. blaze of glory or nothing from here on out.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cates explains out the Maker is has been in the book, and he's "figured out how the Venom symbiote can be used as a suit to go through the bleed into other universes. He has the Ultimate symbiote, and he has an ultimate plan for what to do with it."

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
" A fan asked why Empyre with a y? Ewing: there is something that puts the pyre in Empyre. "And it's a literal pyre." "

ewing is good.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Higgins is brought to announce he's writing ULTRAMAN with Mat Groom, drawn by Francesco Manna. Cover by Ed McGuinness.

Where's my Kamen Rider comic Marvel!

getting the Power Rangers guy to do Ultraman is smart though.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Tom reveals he has a great Sam Alexander story "in his pocket" but it's not on the schedule.

I want it though

May 24, 2019
Empyre
Aka: M-Pyre, Mutant Pyre

At the end of the series, Reed conspires with the Kree to end the war on the condition that they help him create a device that will allow him to disable Krakoa so he can enter and retrieve his son. This happens to ruin the mutants means of resurrection and portal travel, and most of the mutants die for good when Krakoa sinks and the Marauders' boat is the only way off if you don't fly.
Cue the next event: No More Humans, where Xavier exacts revenge with a little help from The Maker :D

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Name me one person who asked for the Ultraman comic?

Coates leaving BP and those Cap rumors are looking legit now.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Name me one person who asked for the Ultraman comic?

Coates leaving BP and those Cap rumors are looking legit now.
As a big Toku fan I'm pulling the Ultraman book. It's only a mini anyways

The Coates rumor from before IIRC was that both Black Panther and Captain America would be relaunched with him still writing, so I wouldn't believe them.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
David Rubin's artstyle changed in the last two volumes of Rumble and I ain't feeling it.

His style has always been very cartoony but it feels like with these last two volumes his characters become way too cartoony, to the point that their proportions weren't consistent anymore. He still does some panels that are packed with detail and are just gorgeous but it feel like his past volumes had way more of those.

[edit]

Like, Beowulf and Rumble 5 was more of this:
75H2rlB.jpg

And while you still see some of that in volume 5 and 6, I feel like I'm seeing more of this:

6qm9943.jpg
Oh wow, yeah. I would be disappointed, too. Not that it's necessarily worse, but a lot different in a way I'm not into.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, New thread is up. Go over there. Be nice.

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| March 2020 | According to Ireland, St. Patrick threw all the snakes out of ComicERA. He missed some.

Robin 80th Anniversary #1 By Wolfman, Dixon, Grayson, Seeley, King, Winnick, Tynion, Wolfram, Thompson, Tomasi, Grummett, McDaniel, Janin, Rocafort, Fernandez, Scott, Nguyen, Kubert, Miller - DC Comics celebrates Robin the Boy Wonder’s 80th anniversary in style with an all-star creative team...

Status
Not open for further replies.