• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm Really glad I picked up giant size x-men but I'm out of the loop. How was storm hurt?

that art. The whole throwback to New X-Men. Emma Emma Emma. Jean. Storm.

they should have left Wilbur and Scott out completely. Just gave the news to someone off screen.

EDIT: haha, Wilbur. I'm so dumb. But I love it and I'm not editing it

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Really glad I picked up giant size x-men but I'm out of the loop. How was storm hurt?

that art. The whole throwback to New X-Men. Emma Emma Emma. Jean. Storm.

they should have left Wilbur and Scott out completely. Just gave the news to someone off screen.

EDIT: haha, Wilbur. I'm so dumb. But I love it and I'm not editing it
wilbur is wolvernie's new cult name. it's who he is when he's in his happy place.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! I kind of gave up hope for a volume 3 at this point.

I knew we'd get it at some point when she said on a podcast she had it written but just needed to find the time to draw it. This was when she said she was gonna alternate arcs on Catwoman. That's obviously over now so she's going back to Lady Killer. I'm very happy.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the X-Men line feeling like it's all connected right now even though its not really crossing over that much. Krakoa is a great unifying piece in every book.

Getting mad cult vibes as it continues though

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the X-Men line feeling like it's all connected right now even though its not really crossing over that much. Krakoa is a great unifying piece in every book.

X-Men is definitely my favorite book of the bunch. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You know, the Dark Multiverse stuff that got brought up earlier made me think more about them, and Infinite Crisis was actually really fucking good. Yeah, in order for it to work Max pretty much just has to believe that Ted will submit to him no question. That kinda is the genius of it though. The entire genius of it is that Ted gets away with it because he's underestimated, he's underestimated because no one believes he's actually that much of a threat as he doesn't excel in any areas as much as any other hero and is usually the "jokester" and "fun" hero, which breeds and inferiority complex and self-doubt and lack of self-confidence. This allows Brother Eye to attempt to take control of him, but because Ted is smarter than Brother Eye realizes because he is underestimated, he actually turns the tables and pulls the unexpected move and becomes OMAC. It's genius that it's a such self-perpetuating cycle right up until that moment at the end.

Why Death of Superman and Judas Contract are so bad, however, are because they fundamentally don't make sense. In fitting with the theme of "Power corrupting," Knightfall, Blackest Night, and Infinite Crisis all have a simple moment where the offer of power, that big moment that tilts the whole thing and causes a domino effect, is really simple but really massive and makes complete sense within the context of the event: Azrael chooses to not give up the mantle, Sinestro does not share the power of the White Lantern, and Ted takes Maxwell's offer instead of rejecting it. Death of Superman and Judas Contract don't really have a moment where "The Offer" makes a lot of sense. In DoS, it's Lois taking on The Eradicator's role, but it feels forced because it doesn't feel like it was ever a turning point or offer to begin with. Especially given that Clark comes back anyways which makes her role feel pointless as is. Judas Contract is even worse because it doesn't really change anything about Terra. The other events are transformative to the characters that they revolve around, which is why it's "the worst possible scenario." "Truly the darkest timeline," as the meme would have it. And while this is a scenario where Terra literally ruins the entire fucking Earth and murders everyone, she also doesn't really change. She was lying about being a Titan and a friend, and then she still is just a villain. This isn't to mention "The Offer" as I've mentioned, which again isn't an offer at all, but in fact an opportunity that she just happens upon and takes. While I suppose these don't need to mean they have to be bad, and there are other reasons, they certainly don't help.
9x12-stormweb2.png

Glorious
FUCK ME THAT'S GREAT

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Make no mistake Jen's perfect for Storm. Its redicilous.

tumblr_osyga6WJJu1trp40so1_1280.jpg

cf9e6w29cam21.jpg

D9nDYNpXoAgW_9y.jpg

The black and gold ink version of that last one is on her site as a print. I seen it at NYCC and it was stunning in person.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
The Walking Dead: Compendiums are the best bang for your buck, it's over 1000 pages and you can easily find some good deals new or used.

Sagas compendium vol 1 collects every issue released so far. It's a hefty beautiful book.

Get the Walking Dead compendiums

I'll second the compendiums if you just wanna read it and be done with them. But if you're looking for something collectible that will look nice on the shelf, I would suggest the hardcover volumes. There are 16 in total, and each one includes the content of two of the regular paperback volumes.

Also, Y: The Last Man just came out recently in omnibus format, so you can get the whole series in one book. MSRP is $150 but Instocktrades has it for $87.

Y the Last Man Omnibus HC (MR) - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.
This would expressly be exactly what I didn't want lol

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to see how much I'll need to spend to collect 'em all now.

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
COMICS!!! |OT| Smell the White Glove.

Those Bartel Storm covers are beautiful and the anatomy fits. Only thing I see is that she needs to start doing some Glute Med/Glute Min strengthening or she's going to start having some medial knee pain soon.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The Zatanna House of Secrets book has been fun so far. Same with Ant-Man.

Amethyst is alright for now.

Yeah... Billy screwed up big time in Shazam.

Grimm Noir is everything I hoped it would be. Can anyone put out this panel?
"I holler but I ain't got no mouth.

Last edited:

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017

The Thruple in X-men is making me live. I need Sejic to do a short of their sex lives. Pls.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
less than an hour until the x-men panel at c2e2!

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Little late on Immortal Hulk

Not content with capitalism, Ewing sets his sights on nostagia

Also, anyone else notice the reveal that
McGowan
is trans?

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I tried taking my time to finish Harleen but I started the third issue last night and wrapped it up. What an incredible series. I don't think I can go back to normal Harley now. I need the sequel, in hardcover because even though I've transcended physical comics, that was a beautiful book.

Status
Not open for further replies.