• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I am sure it is great but not big on Harley

Already reading everything X-Men. Heard great things about the ones I bolded. Loved Flintstones so will give Wonder Twins a go.

Not to big on Green Lantern but Far Sector sounds like something I would like.
Haven't read it myself but the writing is supposedly great, art is gorgeous from the pages I've seen and I think It's made by an all-black team which is nice. Otherwise I really like the Terrifics as DC's Fantastic Four. Love seeing Holt leading a team. Yang took over from Lemire and while I liked Lemire, I think Yang is doing an even better job.

Otherwise David Walker has a Kickstarter going to make a comic about an alternate history US where the Civil War ended in a truce. Maybe check that out, see if it's something you'd like?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Harleen is easily the best comic released this year. Print.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got through a few comics last night between more House of Cards and Altered Carbon Season 2. And Rune Factory 4 on Switch. X-Men #7 was great. And I like how it's starting to bring up the question of the soul. Which is a thing previously brought up by Layla Miller in X-Factor when Strong Guy was brought back from the dead without a soul. I look forward to seeing where they go with this. Also, the concept of the crucible is interested as well.

Also read Sex Criminals #27. And I have to admit I'm not so crazy about the book at this point. I feel like it just fell off after the hiatus and is never going to hit the notes that the older content did. It's a pity, but the book had a good run, overall.

Altered Carbon Season 2 is out today
Started it last night. Two episodes in so far. This show is 100% my shit.
What the fuck are those half-gloves.

Those images are disqualified for that alone.
Imagine someone with that lipstick on IRL

Horrible
WTF is with these bad takes?
Flatscans like you just don't have the X-genes to appreciate mutant fashion sense.
I'm convinced this is what it is.
Far Sector is probably my favorite book DC is putting out currently. Its not your typical Green Lantern story either.
It's definitely up there for m
Harleen is easily the best comic released this year. Print.
Do you mean in 2020?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I got through a few comics last night between more House of Cards and Altered Carbon Season 2. And Rune Factory 4 on Switch. X-Men #7 was great. And I like how it's starting to bring up the question of the soul. Which is a thing previously brought up by Layla Miller in X-Factor when Strong Guy was brought back from the dead without a soul. I look forward to seeing where they go with this. Also, the concept of the crucible is interested as well.

Also read Sex Criminals #27. And I have to admit I'm not so crazy about the book at this point. I feel like it just fell off after the hiatus and is never going to hit the notes that the older content did. It's a pity, but the book had a good run, overall.

WTF is with these bad takes?

I'm convinced this is what it is.

It's definitely up there for m

Do you mean in 2020?

Any year.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So, are ANY of the current Marvel on-goings leading into Empyre? I would assume Avengers or Fantastic Four would be, but from the looks of things they dont seem to be yet, but will in a couple issues. There has to be at least one right?

Nice! I want to start it, but im almost done with Madam Secretary and kinda want to finish that first.

How are you liking House of Cards btw?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I want to start it, but im almost done with Madam Secretary and kinda want to finish that first.

I generally finish what I'm watching before I start something new, but certain shows I will watch immediately. I also want to watch that new show I Am Not Okay With This. And there are new seasons of On My Block and Ozarks coming next month, too. And Beastars is finally getting out of Netflix jail in March, too!

House of Cards is good, though there was a noticeable drop in quality after Season 3.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder Woman: Dead Earth
Superman Smashes The Klan
Hickman X-Men
Zdarsky Daredevil
Wonder Twins by Mark Russel if you liked Flintstones

These are all pretty damn enjoyable comics. Marvel and DC are gearing up to do their summer events, Empyre and Death Metal. We'll see how those go. Heard GL Far Sector is pretty great too if you want a black female lead cape book.
Far Sector is great and everyone should read it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's the thing Taylor is writing.

More importantly give me a book with Madrox you hack frauds. What's it like being a young family on Krakoa? Are children allowed to see Apocalypse beat teenage girls to death?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
16bnJhrm.jpg

The setup for this comic is odd.

Why is Jane doing the whole secret identity thing while fighting street level criminals as the last Valkyrie? Shouldn't she be off doing god stuff? I mean, the first issue wasn't bad but it was completely different than what I was expecting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I generally finish what I'm watching before I start something new, but certain shows I will watch immediately. I also want to watch that new show I Am Not Okay With This. And there are new seasons of On My Block and Ozarks coming next month, too. And Beastars is finally getting out of Netflix jail in March, too!

House of Cards is good, though there was a noticeable drop in quality after Season 3.

Oh wow, your alot further than I expected lol. Yea, the show runner left around Season 3 or 4 and things had started to go to shit. I still enjoyed all the intrigue and stuff, but it did loose something the longer it went on. I couldnt even finish the final season.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, your alot further than I expected lol. Yea, the show runner left around Season 3 or 4 and things had started to go to shit. I still enjoyed all the intrigue and stuff, but it did loose something the longer it went on. I couldnt even finish the final season.

you should finish the final season

it's absolutely spectacular in it's shitiness. a feat of television not seen since the dexter finale.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So, are ANY of the current Marvel on-goings leading into Empyre? I would assume Avengers or Fantastic Four would be, but from the looks of things they dont seem to be yet, but will in a couple issues. There has to be at least one right?

Empyre seems to be getting set up by what we saw in Incoming and one-shots.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
We are a pro Emma Frost glove thread. Anyone who disagrees can leave or be thrown out.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Absolute Carnage trade from the library and boy was that ever absolute garbage. Y'all can keep Cates.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
COMICS!!! |OT| The White Glove

maybe a bit too much

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
Sure, I just want something to read now :(
It is kind of weird that there is no lead in for it. Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure what the plot is. Kree Skull War 2 basically? And is Hulkling being set up as the villain? It's really weird that they seem to be building an entire event around a plot from Ewing's New Avengers run from like 5 years ago.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil just had a crazy one year time skip that came straight outta nowhere.

Netflix straight up stole their Luke Cage S2 and Iron Fist S2 ideas from this run lol, rather than using plot lines from their actual books.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Marauders the other good X-Men book? That's the one I see got brought up more than any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.