• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I already own vol 1 from Italy. I've seen the art. Now I want to read the story.
Oh, I didn't know you can read Italian.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I enjoyed the Red Son movie, even with some of the changes they made like leaving out the twist ending. I'd put it in the top 5 of my favorite DC animated movies.
Y'know, I think Seeley is a pretty underappreciated DC writer.
His short lived New Suicide Squad run was the most enjoyable the series has been for me from the N52 up till Taylor's current one.

edit: I should try the Vertigo series he did with the Shade Changing Girl artist.
He's great and it sucks that DC just let him go after Nightwing and Green Lanterns wrapped up.

So Hickman is going all in on the cult stuff huh? The Crucible is insanely fucked up, there's got to be some kind of brainwashing going on when Xavier brings mutants back.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
omg, all this shoveling is killing me. No time for comics.

Read a little of Dark Knights Metal. That one panel about how some big new bad guy that existed from the beginning of the universe is all about Batman is some strong DC meta-commentary.

5cRJhBM.png

Also, was expecting Wonder Woman to say no to docking.

UnsungImpishEquine-size_restricted.gif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
omg, all this shoveling is killing me. No time for comics.

Read a little of Dark Knights Metal. That one panel about how some big new bad guy that existed from the beginning of the universe is all about Batman is some strong DC meta-commentary.

5cRJhBM.png

Also, was expecting Wonder Woman to say no to docking.

UnsungImpishEquine-size_restricted.gif
Have you read Morrison's Batman, or the Return of Bruce Wayne mini, by any chance?

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
So lately I've been thinking about how DC should do a book that collects Nightwing, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Connor Hawke, Donna Troy, Garth, Roy, Starfire, and Cyborg and uses them all on a single team. And I thought how they could call it Titans, since at one point or another they were all Titans (Kyle included) and we could see them build on these characters that exist in that sort of second generation of heroes between the League and Young Justice.

...But that's when I realized. You don't call a team that has Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman the Titans. You call it the Justice League.

What I'm saying is: how come we can't have two JLA teams? One with the usual roster, and one with all the 90's heroes?
I love this idea, but I guess DC will be afraid of branding. As for the characters, would they want to take the name? I remember the Titians insisting a lot that they aren't the JLA back in the day

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I love this idea, but I guess DC will be afraid of branding. As for the characters, would they want to take the name? I remember the Titians insisting a lot that they aren't the JLA back in the day

At any given moment, DC generally has 2-4 JLA titles. I don't know why they'd be afraid of this, but I think you're right in that they probably would be. The characters themselves could simply get over it, same way Roy eventually became Red Arrow in 07.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
At any given moment, DC generally has 2-4 JLA titles. I don't know why they'd be afraid of this, but I think you're right in that they probably would be. The characters themselves could simply get over it, same way Roy eventually became Red Arrow in 07.
Probably worried about diluting the JL brand with a bunch of spinoff titles. Plus DC could honestly use some teams that aren't tied at the hip to the League. Part of my enjoyment of the Terrifics is no Bat or Super brats are on the team or leading it.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Hope everyone has been well and thriving. What are some good comics released so far this year or coming out soon that warrant my hype?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Hope everyone has been well and thriving. What are some good comics released so far this year or coming out soon that warrant my hype?
Wonder Woman: Dead Earth
Superman Smashes The Klan
Hickman X-Men
Zdarsky Daredevil
Wonder Twins by Mark Russel if you liked Flintstones

These are all pretty damn enjoyable comics. Marvel and DC are gearing up to do their summer events, Empyre and Death Metal. We'll see how those go. Heard GL Far Sector is pretty great too if you want a black female lead cape book.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Harleen is incredible and is out in a beautiful hardcover
I am sure it is great but not big on Harley

Wonder Woman: Dead Earth
Superman Smashes The Klan
Hickman X-Men
Zdarsky Daredevil
Wonder Twins by Mark Russel if you liked Flintstones

These are all pretty damn enjoyable comics. Marvel and DC are gearing up to do their summer events, Empyre and Death Metal. We'll see how those go. Heard GL Far Sector is pretty great too if you want a black female lead cape book.
Already reading everything X-Men. Heard great things about the ones I bolded. Loved Flintstones so will give Wonder Twins a go.

Not to big on Green Lantern but Far Sector sounds like something I would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.