• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I heard 5G Mr. Terrific is just going to be Mr. T with a giant T tattooed to his face

Last edited:

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Mister Miracle purchases have been made (yes I got King's run and Kirby's). I really didn't expect to like this dude so much lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

I kinda love this Jean costume. Favorite is still the 90s Jim Lee look, but this is a close second.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Mattina has been caught swiping art again from a fellow pro. This time Alex Garner. Watch as DC will continue to give him prime variants on Batman, Flash and the event books as they sell. Fuck the people he's stealing from I guess. DCs editors know he is stealing and they keep hiring him. It's fucked.

QUDslbT.jpg

Apologies for the BC links but it's the easiest way to show some of it

www.bleedingcool.com

Separated At Birth: Francesco Mattina and... Everyone?

In this edition of Separated at Birth we look at artist Francesco Mattina and the similarities between his art and a bunch of others.

Separated At Birth: Lee JeeHyung's Mary Jane Watson... And Francesco Mattina's Mary Jane Watson

Lee JeeHyung is a very polished and stylised comic book artist from South Korea. He's had a few official Marvel covers published such as this one... But

phoenix-franscesco-mattina-1-600x402-1200x675.jpg

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Mattina has been caught swiping art again from a fellow pro. This time Alex Garner. Watch as DC will continue to give him prime variants on Batman, Flash and the event books as they sell. Fuck the people he's stealing from I guess. DCs editors know he is stealing and they keep hiring him. It's fucked.

QUDslbT.jpg

Apologies for the BC links but it's the easiest way to show some of it

www.bleedingcool.com

Separated At Birth: Francesco Mattina and... Everyone?

In this edition of Separated at Birth we look at artist Francesco Mattina and the similarities between his art and a bunch of others.

Separated At Birth: Lee JeeHyung's Mary Jane Watson... And Francesco Mattina's Mary Jane Watson

Lee JeeHyung is a very polished and stylised comic book artist from South Korea. He's had a few official Marvel covers published such as this one... But

phoenix-franscesco-mattina-1-600x402-1200x675.jpg
The Flash/Nova one is pretty egregious, but I always thought the Phoenix one was literally the point.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for Big Barda to be introduced to the general public. Her (armoured) design is fucking sublime.

I woulda supported a Jack Kirby fashion line.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
where's that nova one from?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjgvNzkzL2kwMi9Bbm5paGlsYXRpb25fU2NvdXJnZV9BbHBoYV8xX2JfQWxleF9HYXJuZXIuanBn

Published cover.

Well I guess it's published twice now.

Absolutely fair. Until this thread, I didn't have a name for the guy so I assumed he did an homage thing.

But someone should probably curtail his work if he's tracing everything.

He works a lot with DC. He does Batman and Detective Comics variants. Very recently. They know about this and don't give a shit. Marvel don't work with him anymore it seems.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I love flat shaded comics!! It looks a thousand times better to me than the trend in the mid 90s - 2000s look where everything was this nasty pillow-shaded airbrush look. It really did no favours to the great comic artists from earlier eras like George Perez whose style fit the flatter colours way better. I'm glad modern comics aren't afraid to do flat colours.

george-perez-wonder-woman.jpg

This ^ looks far better to me than this v

JLA-Avenegrs-featured.jpg
I love flat colours too, a lot of the gradients just don't hit the same spot

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I think the reason I enjoy Hell Arisen so much is because I spent way too long reading dark and moody Steve Epting thriller comics, so seeing him go all-out bonkers blockbuster in DC's most stupid thrill ride storyline is a treat in its own right

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Now, the complaints against DKR2 aren't valid or worth listening to. It's too radical for the plebs.

edit: Here's Bleedingcool posting a bunch of stories about the people they think have been scouted as new creatives at DC:

Tim Sheridan (writer for DC animated projects)
www.bleedingcool.com

Tim Sheridan - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Tim Sheridan has already written a lot for DC Comics and Warners. Just not for the comics. He has five episodes of DC Super Hero Girls LEGO - Galactic

Ken Kristensen (writer on the Happy! tv show)
www.bleedingcool.com

Ken Kristensen - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Ken Kristensen has a lot of comic book-related projects. Some involving actual comic books. An Academy Nicholl-award-winning screenwriter, he was story

Kevin Shinick (writer of Superior Carnage and Axis: Hobgoblin)
www.bleedingcool.com

Kevin Shinick - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Kevin Shinick is an Emmy award winning writer as well as an actor, director and multiple Annie award-winning producer. Working alongside George Lucas,

Geoffrey Thorne (novelist, TV screenwriter and creator of the Inhuman, Mosac!)
www.bleedingcool.com

Geoffrey Thorne, a Big New Name For DC Comics?

Geoffrey Thorne was an actor through the eighties and nineties, most prominently as one of the leads in long-running In The Heat Of The Night TV remake

Meghan Fitzmartin (writer for Supernatural)
www.bleedingcool.com

Meghan Fitzmartin, a Big New Name For DC Comics?

Meghan Fitzmartin is best known as her role as executive assistant to the showrunner on the TV show Supernatural, then becoming a staff writer on the

I'm gonna need to see fewer straight white dudes if they're bringing in "fresh blood". Otherwise I'd rather you just use the people we got who I know are already good.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Girl what the fuck was X-Men #7. This is peak cult.

Kinda living for how unsettling this whole thing is. I wish the vibe carried across to all the X-books but I understand that's basically impossible.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men #7 was whack. I just have more and more questions about how it even got to this point. The supremacist vibes are strong you can't just die and become a mutant, you have to go through a ritual sacrifice where you shed your "humanity" and state that you'll die for mutantkind? What the fuck? Is Kurt the only one who has a problem with this? They're just getting fucking primed to start attacking humans and nobody seems to care

I am not here for Hickman's incessant queerbaiting.

He's just taking cues from Disney.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dont think its queerbaiting, I think hes implying that Jean, Cyc, and Logan are in a open relationship and even sleep in the same bed lol
You got any panels for that?

Cause if you don't I'm going to call it queerbaiting.

Especially from the guy who can hardly put the effort n for a supposed poly couple to even kiss, but has no problem having multiple straight relationships swap spit in no time at all.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
X-men #7 raises some interesting points, and finally there's the creepy/unsettling vibe we got with the first intro to pod people. Kurt being the founder of a religion is also a great use of his character. I also love the hints of the PoX timeline with the hybrid mutants

X-Men #7 was whack. I just have more and more questions about how it even got to this point. The supremacist vibes are strong you can't just die and become a mutant, you have to go through a ritual sacrifice where you shed your "humanity" and state that you'll die for mutantkind? What the fuck? Is Kurt the only one who has a problem with this? They're just getting fucking primed to start attacking humans and nobody seems to care
Vibes? It was always straight up supremacy, I don't think they are hiding the fact they think mutants >>>> humans. And they are already attacking humans institutions directly since X-men #4, whether they will straight up start open wars, well, I guess we have to wait till the summer event announcement

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017

Especially from the guy who can hardly put the effort n for a supposed poly couple to even kiss, but has no problem having multiple straight relationships swap spit in no time at all.
Agreed.

We need Scott and Logan to tongue punch.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

sexmen1.jpg

sexmen4.jpg

sexmen5.jpg

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't imagine Marvel/Disney/whoever is approving things will ever let Scott and Logan make out in mainstream continuity. Not this decade at least.

So I guess the question is whether Hickman should bother doing it if it can't do it "right."

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
When you got a fucking PLETHORA of LGBTQ characters you're not doing a damn thing with.

Going "Teehee" about the fucking CIS as all hell main (forever) characters sucks shit.

It sucks shit a lot

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
X-men #7 raises some interesting points, and finally there's the creepy/unsettling vibe we got with the first intro to pod people. Kurt being the founder of a religion is also a great use of his character. I also love the hints of the PoX timeline with the hybrid mutants

Vibes? It was always straight up supremacy, I don't think they are hiding the fact they think mutants >>>> humans. And they are already attacking humans institutions directly since X-men #4, whether they will straight up start open wars, well, I guess we have to wait till the summer event announcement

The idea that a bunch of persecuted and oppressed people coming together to form a society that can protect them and then almost immediately turn on the "we are the superior race" stuff makes me uncomfortable. Like I'm playing Bioshock Infinite or some shit. It doesn't help when I think about how everyone writing the X-Men except eventually Vita Ayala is white unless I'm mistaken.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get caught up on Iron Man 2020. That Force Works 2020 book looks sweet, even if it's written by the bane of my existence.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The idea that a bunch of persecuted and oppressed people coming together to form a society that can protect them and then almost immediately turn on the "we are the superior race" stuff makes me uncomfortable. Like I'm playing Bioshock Infinite or some shit. It doesn't help when I think about how everyone writing the X-Men except eventually Vita Ayala is white unless I'm mistaken.
Right, I feel uncomfortable too, but I think that's the point. It's about as overt "this is wrong" thing as it could manage, even making the characters basically spell it out. And imo, I think you got the order reversed. My reading is that a large part of how their society formed is based on the belief that mutants are superior to the humans, or at least that they could be better. It was turned on from the very beginning.
And yep, I agree with the lack of diversity bit.

man, they couldn't even give Mystique the ability to kiss someone of her same gender before later last year.

And it's fucking mystique.

Way to throw balls, Marvel.
I couldn't actually believe there wasn't actual confirmation of her being gay and "wedded" to Destiny before the HOTMU issue. Like hell, Claremont made it super obvious, and no one thought to follow up?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men #7 is fucking wild. Only Hickman could get away with this shit. But I'm so thankful that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.