• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
6afuBci.jpg

at least it doesn't say 'is cumming' on it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
They should go for the triple crown and have Miles deal with Outlawed while being hunted by Kindred and Knull at the same time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
EMPYRE: SPIDER–MAN #1 (of 3)
TARAN KILLAM (W) • DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A) • Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Spider–Man has the best rogues' gallery in comics with the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Venom, Carnage and recent additions like Red Goblin, Itsy Bitsy and Kindred.
• But there's another archenemy of Spider–Man who's been hiding in plain sight, and only the actions of the Kree/Skrull have brought him to the fore of Spider–Man's story AND Marvel's big 2020 event!
32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

giphy.gif

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Now, the complaints against DKR2 aren't valid or worth listening to. It's too radical for the plebs.

edit: Here's Bleedingcool posting a bunch of stories about the people they think have been scouted as new creatives at DC:

Tim Sheridan (writer for DC animated projects)
www.bleedingcool.com

Tim Sheridan - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Tim Sheridan has already written a lot for DC Comics and Warners. Just not for the comics. He has five episodes of DC Super Hero Girls LEGO - Galactic

Ken Kristensen (writer on the Happy! tv show)
www.bleedingcool.com

Ken Kristensen - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Ken Kristensen has a lot of comic book-related projects. Some involving actual comic books. An Academy Nicholl-award-winning screenwriter, he was story

Kevin Shinick (writer of Superior Carnage and Axis: Hobgoblin)
www.bleedingcool.com

Kevin Shinick - A Big New Name For DC Comics?

Kevin Shinick is an Emmy award winning writer as well as an actor, director and multiple Annie award-winning producer. Working alongside George Lucas,

Geoffrey Thorne (novelist, TV screenwriter and creator of the Inhuman, Mosac!)
www.bleedingcool.com

Geoffrey Thorne, a Big New Name For DC Comics?

Geoffrey Thorne was an actor through the eighties and nineties, most prominently as one of the leads in long-running In The Heat Of The Night TV remake

Meghan Fitzmartin (writer for Supernatural)
www.bleedingcool.com

Meghan Fitzmartin, a Big New Name For DC Comics?

Meghan Fitzmartin is best known as her role as executive assistant to the showrunner on the TV show Supernatural, then becoming a staff writer on the
So Dan brought these people in and AT&T was behind it? So why was he fired then?

Also not looking foward to all these people being brought in over overlooked comic creators

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Didio seems like one of those guys that thinks the Earth is round lol. Does he think were stupid or something.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So Dan brought these people in and AT&T was behind it? So why was he fired then?

Also not looking foward to all these people being brought in over overlooked comic creators
From the link I posted:

No matter how many times DiDio was promoted, he continued to micro-manage the DCU. I don't think you're going to be too shocked to learn that behind the scenes, planning for the 5G reboot/retcon/ultimate hypertime was incredibly stressful. DiDio started his own teaser roll outlast year with sneak peeks at wall charts, and hints on panels and leaks, familiar methods DiDio had used to tease previous crises. For the editorial staff, however, this was a series of constantly changing ideas, reassignments, and what turned into a hostile work environment. Although retailers may have fingered Scott Snyder as part of the coup, I'm told this was formal internal complaints that had reached a boiling point.

In recent months, morale had plummeted even more amid frequent shake ups in responsibilites. were the increasingly frequent departures. Editor Pat McCallum, who had just been made head of the whole DCU, quit in a rather sudden fashion. (I'm told he went away for Thanksgiving and then just gave notice.) Most recently, Alex Antone quit, taking a job at Skybound.

It appears that the 5G chaos was finally enough to seal DiDio's fate. The idea of swapping out new heroes for the older ones got a lot of pushback – especially as DC's movie slate is gearing back up with Wonder Woman 84 and a new Batman. In addition, the whole Bat Penis Crisis left DiDIo with a black mark with Warner/AT&T's new executive structure.

No one appears to know why the move was so sudden. As of earlier this week, Dan DiDio and Jim Lee were offered to press outlets as interview subjects at next week's C2E2 and were slated to spear on a Meet the Publishers Panel there (now it will just be Lee.)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh lord plz don't tell me the batdong murdered didio's career after all

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
From the link I posted:

No matter how many times DiDio was promoted, he continued to micro-manage the DCU. I don't think you're going to be too shocked to learn that behind the scenes, planning for the 5G reboot/retcon/ultimate hypertime was incredibly stressful. DiDio started his own teaser roll outlast year with sneak peeks at wall charts, and hints on panels and leaks, familiar methods DiDio had used to tease previous crises. For the editorial staff, however, this was a series of constantly changing ideas, reassignments, and what turned into a hostile work environment. Although retailers may have fingered Scott Snyder as part of the coup, I'm told this was formal internal complaints that had reached a boiling point.

In recent months, morale had plummeted even more amid frequent shake ups in responsibilites. were the increasingly frequent departures. Editor Pat McCallum, who had just been made head of the whole DCU, quit in a rather sudden fashion. (I'm told he went away for Thanksgiving and then just gave notice.) Most recently, Alex Antone quit, taking a job at Skybound.

It appears that the 5G chaos was finally enough to seal DiDio's fate. The idea of swapping out new heroes for the older ones got a lot of pushback – especially as DC's movie slate is gearing back up with Wonder Woman 84 and a new Batman. In addition, the whole Bat Penis Crisis left DiDIo with a black mark with Warner/AT&T's new executive structure.

No one appears to know why the move was so sudden. As of earlier this week, Dan DiDio and Jim Lee were offered to press outlets as interview subjects at next week's C2E2 and were slated to spear on a Meet the Publishers Panel there (now it will just be Lee.)
From a newer article :

But there is some link between 5G and Dan's departure, it's just far more nuanced than some reactionary commentators might prefer. As it stands, the 5G plans look to be largely intact. Editors and creators are still excited – and so is AT&T/Warner Bros, the big pushers of this initiative. Some things might get re-evaluated to make it a more natural launch, rather than replace everyone at once. There may be a growing a consensus that it was becoming "too much, too fast" – something Axel Alonso suffered from at Marvel with his All-New Marvel Now Now Now Now.

So we may be looking at a gradual relaunch over a number of months rather than all-at-once. Bleeding Cool has also been looking at the role that Generation One: Gods Among Us, free on Free Comic Book Day will play, and it seems that this comic will give all sorts of cover for two, three, four versions of reality existing side-by-side in DC shared universe comics – as if it was intended all along (which it wasn't). But it makes issues with Leviathan Dawn and Justice League simply melt away.

So what about Dan DiDio and 5G? Well, I am told that at the beginning stages of 5G, Dan seemed to be less hands-on and everyone involved was convinced it wasn't going to become another New 52, where Dan had final say on everything (which is how it's been since then). When Dan leaked the unfinished timeline at NYCC, people started to get worried internally, and the last month especially has seen Dan returning to his trademark levels of micromanagement that's caused some to freak out. And that may have been the final straw regarding the charge of 'fostering a poor work environment' which led to his dismissal.

Something like this needs to be implemented carefully so I don't see why you would let him go in the middle of it for "micro-managing".

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
From a newer article :

But there is some link between 5G and Dan's departure, it's just far more nuanced than some reactionary commentators might prefer. As it stands, the 5G plans look to be largely intact. Editors and creators are still excited – and so is AT&T/Warner Bros, the big pushers of this initiative. Some things might get re-evaluated to make it a more natural launch, rather than replace everyone at once. There may be a growing a consensus that it was becoming "too much, too fast" – something Axel Alonso suffered from at Marvel with his All-New Marvel Now Now Now Now.

So we may be looking at a gradual relaunch over a number of months rather than all-at-once. Bleeding Cool has also been looking at the role that Generation One: Gods Among Us, free on Free Comic Book Day will play, and it seems that this comic will give all sorts of cover for two, three, four versions of reality existing side-by-side in DC shared universe comics – as if it was intended all along (which it wasn't). But it makes issues with Leviathan Dawn and Justice League simply melt away.

So what about Dan DiDio and 5G? Well, I am told that at the beginning stages of 5G, Dan seemed to be less hands-on and everyone involved was convinced it wasn't going to become another New 52, where Dan had final say on everything (which is how it's been since then). When Dan leaked the unfinished timeline at NYCC, people started to get worried internally, and the last month especially has seen Dan returning to his trademark levels of micromanagement that's caused some to freak out. And that may have been the final straw regarding the charge of 'fostering a poor work environment' which led to his dismissal.

Something like this needs to be implemented carefully so I don't see why you would let him go in the middle of it for "micro-managing".
A ton of people were quitting and complaints were apparently filed. Can't keep him on if that's true.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wouldn't it be awesome if they undid OMD but ruined the save in the best way by having kindred be Gabriel from Sins Past or something.

May 24, 2019
Aren't there only a handful of people in Spider-Man's world that would even be a big deal for a mystery enemy reveal? Unless you're turning one bad guy into another newer bad guy.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
A ton of people were quitting and complaints were apparently filed. Can't keep him on if that's true.
Yeah if it's a matter of establishing trust, both the turnover rate of editorial staff and the high-profile failures (by which obviously I mean the bat-dong) are solid enough reasons to can a publisher. He got done raw on the timing, and the hypothesis that this was done to stop him from committing to a line at ComicPRO is the most likely one, which kinda sucks.

Until his replacement is announced, we can't really know if this was for the better, but there's a case to be made for his position being untenable.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'm still enjoying batman black & white a whole lot, but it's kind of hard to read a lot of in one sitting. im reading sometthing awesome and yet it's causing my backlog to grow T.T

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the issue I have is that you associate the amount of gradients and detail with good art, and lack of that stuff with bad art. Yet you don't really have those issues with modern day artists who are purposefully sparing in detail and color depth (considering today's level of color and gradients possible) like Chris Samnee or Steve Lieber (Fraction's Jimmy Olsen artist).
I love flat shaded comics!! It looks a thousand times better to me than the trend in the mid 90s - 2000s look where everything was this nasty pillow-shaded airbrush look. It really did no favours to the great comic artists from earlier eras like George Perez whose style fit the flatter colours way better. I'm glad modern comics aren't afraid to do flat colours.

george-perez-wonder-woman.jpg

This ^ looks far better to me than this v

JLA-Avenegrs-featured.jpg

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
i'm still enjoying batman black & white a whole lot, but it's kind of hard to read a lot of in one sitting. im reading sometthing awesome and yet it's causing my backlog to grow T.T

I mean outside of the fact the stories are great so why put them down, its not a bad thing to step away. That's the great thing about anthologies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I love flat shaded comics!! It looks a thousand times better to me than the trend in the mid 90s - 2000s look where everything was this nasty pillow-shaded airbrush look. It really did no favours to the great comic artists from earlier eras like George Perez whose style fit the flatter colours way better. I'm glad modern comics aren't afraid to do flat colours.

george-perez-wonder-woman.jpg

This ^ looks far better to me than this v

JLA-Avenegrs-featured.jpg
Absolutely! Though I love both, personally.

May 24, 2019
I need 5G to happen. If I dont get to see what the heck the comics/ characters/ costumes were gonna be, I'll be so sad.

They're all horrible and from random TV writers? Great! I wanna see that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.