• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to watch some TV Shows adapted from comic books, but I wish to read the originals first.
can anyone tell me how much the first season of Umbrella / Locke & Key / October Faction covers from each series ?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Now over 500 pages into Bone. Crazy stuff happening. Things are being revealed. I'm really captivated by this book.

There's a second volume of Green Lantern out this summer and I think Morrison was supposed to do a third Wonder Woman, but otherwise there's been no announcements.
We know that Batman Vol 3 is being worked on.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
i'm catching up on daredevil and i gotta say... this might be one of the worst wilson fisks ever drawn.

dghUY4k.png
It's fine. Says it right there in the image. It'll be fine...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Bone a full on comic for the entire run? For some reason, I've always thought that it was a comic strip at first.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The newest issue of X-Men about Mystique was awesome. Lovely art too. More of that. Can't wait for the next issue not to follow up on it and leave me wondering where that plot will pop up.

Caught up on the most recent issues of Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force. All good shit.

May 24, 2019
I did get a bit tired of the Bizarro speak in Yang's Terrifics.
I love Bizarro stories, but maybe not for five issues with multiple Bizarro characters.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think she said in the article that she hasn't been on the DC beat in years and I think that shows. The summation of the recent past reads to me like someone who just got clued in on the most notorious headlines and compiled them.

e: By the article, you'd think he just planned Crisis events and maimed characters.
There's a quick mention of the outpouring of support he's gotten over his dismissal, but you'd wonder why people felt that way at all.

He was passionate about what he did, so people liked him. But the article wasn't really about that, it was about why he was gone. She could've also gone into additional detail about how he kept a sexual harasser on the books but she kept it to a line. The article wasn't about that, really.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The newest issue of X-Men about Mystique was awesome. Lovely art too. More of that. Can't wait for the next issue not to follow up on it and leave me wondering where that plot will pop up.

Caught up on the most recent issues of Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force. All good shit.
I'm gonna check out New Mutants when it goes on sale, but just the first arc. Seems like a new creative team starts next issue. For now I'm just sticking with X-Men and Marauders.

Is X-Force worth checking out?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna check out New Mutants when it goes on sale, but just the first arc. Seems like a new creative team starts next issue. For now I'm just sticking with X-Men and Marauders.

Is X-Force worth checking out?

Yes, also the new creative team is the other team they aren't new. Hickman and Reis is one team Brisson and Flaviano is the other. The first volume when it's out will just be Hickman, second one is Brisson. But they are changing who's on the book every 2 issues or so. It's confusing. Two different stories too.

Holy shit Wonder Woman Dead Earth.

Yes. Daniel Warren Johnson.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh good timing. I just finished issue #2 and shiiiiiiit. I need this in OHC so badly!

You'll get it by Christmas imo.

See black label books can be good when not written by hack superstar artists. If Harleen and Dead Earth are the quality level for Black Label going forward they'll be just fine.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, also the new creative team is the other team they aren't new. Hickman and Reis is one team Brisson and Flaviano is the other. The first volume when it's out will just be Hickman, second one is Brisson. But they are changing who's on the book every 2 issues or so. It's confusing. Two different stories too.

And also the Brisson one is bad

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'm reading through some of tom king's batman again, cuz i'm hype for bat+cat. i really really like the nightmares arc. this comic can be super good.

May 24, 2019
There were a couple of Little Shop of Horrors threads made today, and seeing the title shortened to LSoH keeps making my nerves twinge.
My brain can only read that as Legion Super of Heroes.

May 24, 2019
I'm interested to know how that reads to people who haven't read COIE or any Darkseid stuff.

e: Looking back, JL #40 does give backstory.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
It's the last big story of the N52. The Rebirth special was almost right after (there were a couple of filler JL issues at the end.)

May 24, 2019
Now I feel like reevaluating all of N52 Justice League, Trinity War, Forever Evil and all that. Fuck y'all.

I'm gonna be working in Sydney for a month and a half soon. That might be my project.

e: Remember this crap?
iPbuqir.jpg

Last edited:

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Blazed through the first 4 volumes of Delano Hellblazer.

Delano has a way with words that later writers were unable to match. Ennis goes for a much crasser feel overall while there's some kind of beauty in Delano's prose despite all the crazy shit going on.

My favourite plot is probably the angel one, the combination of the amazing art with the writing creates the perfect atmosphere. You're just as confused as the rest of the characters on what is reality and what are the hallucinations. I really liked the Fear Machine greatly as well, especially since it builds off earlier arcs and characters so nicely to achieve a crazy finale. The weakest volume imo is the family man, but the guest story by Morrison in Vol 4 also helped to elevate that trade, and makes me want to read more Hellblazer by Morrison.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The Maker's been around for a while.
The Maker is an evil Reed Richards, not quite the same thing.
Also I'm not sure Marvel has really done much with the guy since bringing him into the regular universe. I know he was in Venom for a bit.

We've done that. But I used to think Xavier being a manipulative prick was a modern age thing. But this was arguably worse than anything I've seen him do in the current era.
I'm binging to realise that whenever Xavier is around he is always some combination of manipulative, sinister and untrustworthy.

Also has anyone noticed how Xavier wears his creepy helmet almost 100% of the time now but Magneto doesn't wear his much at all anymore?
Just an observation.

Oct 25, 2017
professor x is not a villain. he's an oppressed minority who finally said fucking enough to the establishment. what villainous things has he done? give the whole world access to the cure for cancer?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
professor x is not a villain. he's an oppressed minority who finally said fucking enough to the establishment. what villainous things has he done? give the whole world access to the cure for cancer?
Well having a 'kill no man' rule while at the same time running a black ops team who have no problem killing many men, doesn't really help his case.

Oct 25, 2017
Well having a 'kill no man' rule while at the same time running a black ops team who have no problem killing many men, doesn't really help his case.

kill no men, including those who have been systematically genociding your people for decades? the people x-force took down literally flayed domino alive, attacked krakoa and shot professor x in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.