• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Aizō

Have you been reading this comic that is being posted on Twitter?

きくちゆうき (@yuukikikuchi) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from きくちゆうき (@yuukikikuchi). 漫画家/イラストレーター 「SUPERどうぶつーズ」「100日後に死ぬワニ」など。 インスタ:https://t.co/iYbNQfR0FT ☝️ LINEスタンプ:https://t.co/uK0FiVZMRS…👇 お仕事や問い合わせなどはhttps://t.co/tDz2Ot0Sqb

Someone posted the first few strips translated on imgur. It has been giving me existential agnst. -_-

May 24, 2019
Aizō

Have you been reading this comic that is being posted on Twitter?

きくちゆうき (@yuukikikuchi) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from きくちゆうき (@yuukikikuchi). 漫画家/イラストレーター 「SUPERどうぶつーズ」「100日後に死ぬワニ」など。 インスタ:https://t.co/iYbNQfR0FT ☝️ LINEスタンプ:https://t.co/uK0FiVZMRS…👇 お仕事や問い合わせなどはhttps://t.co/tDz2Ot0Sqb

Someone posted the first few strips translated on imgur. It has been giving me existential agnst. -_-

Is that like a Japanese Megg & Mogg?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Especially the hunter woman's face and the vampires. I kept thinking this is a less refined Capullo. So odd.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzYvMjM2L29yaWdpbmFsL01BUlZTTUJMQUNLQ0FUU1RSMDA1LmpwZz8xNTgyMjI1MjAz

I'm trying to read actual books these days.

The only thing that seems to hold my attention is John Dies At The End.
I'm working on a sci-fi novel between bouts of my Dr. Stone binge.

The thing I hate about comics is that they're a terrible value. $4 for 30 pages is dog shit.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzYvMjM2L29yaWdpbmFsL01BUlZTTUJMQUNLQ0FUU1RSMDA1LmpwZz8xNTgyMjI1MjAz

I'm working on a sci-fi novel between bouts of my Dr. Stone binge.

The thing I hate about comics is that they're a terrible value. $4 for 30 pages is dog shit.

I need to get back into writing sometime. It's been forever and I have huge problems staying motivated. The first time I was criticized, constructively and as gently as possible, it put me in a big funk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rereading Harleen and it's so good. The sick feeling in my stomach while reading it is a testament to Sejic 😂. I feel so sorry for Harleen and it's horrible seeing the whole thing happen. But it's brilliantly told. There is nothing romantic about it which makes me laugh thinking about the people who gave him shit on twitter for romanticizing Harley and Jokers relationship.

Also you understand why it happens but it also doesn't excuse Harleen. It very much shows her as someone who turns into a psychopath. Early on she calls herself a murderer. I don't remember DC being that blunt before. Sejic said he wants to tell a story where you can understand why she fell for him, how it is bad for her and how it fell apart and what that does to her. But by no means is she a hero, she's fundamentally broken.

To me it's already one of Harleys classic stories (there aren't many tbh). I can't wait for more and this hardcover is the best way to read it

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm rereading Harleen and it's so good. The sick feeling in my stomach while reading it is a testament to Sejic 😂. I feel so sorry for Harleen and it's horrible seeing the whole thing happen. But it's brilliantly told. There is nothing romantic about it which makes me laugh thinking about the people who gave him shit on twitter for romanticizing Harley and Jokers relationship.

Also you understand why it happens but it also doesn't excuse Harleen. It very much shows her as someone who turns into a psychopath. Early on she calls herself a murderer. I don't remember DC being that blunt before. Sejic said he wants to tell a story where you can understand why she fell for him, how it is bad for her and how it fell apart and what that does to her. But by no means is she a hero, she's fundamentally broken.

To me it's already one of Harleys classic stories (there aren't many tbh). I can't wait for more and this hardcover is the best way to read it

Yea I particularly loved the final page of the book, which kind of cements the core intent in a clever bit of art and dialogue.

BTW did anyone read the Wonder Woman Black Label book? It was recommended to me, but I know nothing about it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I particularly loved the final page of the book, which kind of cements the core intent in a clever bit of art and dialogue.

BTW did anyone read the Wonder Woman Black Label book? It was recommended to me, but I know nothing about it.

It's Daniel Warren Johnson so yes it's incredible. The art is nuts in the first two issues.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

everyone should buy everything from daniel warren johnson

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for Wonder Woman Historia to see the light of day.

Bloody Phil Jimenez keeps teasing his brilliant designs on insta and twitter.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. 🤷‍♂️

I'm just saying the pricing absolutely limits how many books I buy each week. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm only willing to throw away so much money every week on these things.
I mean, I agree with you that it limits how much I buy. But it's not like it's 30 pages of words like a short story or something.

Of course, the medium has its own issues, like highly decompressed storytelling. I think that's the main thing that makes it feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. There are certainly some books I read and think, "yup, definitely got my $4 worth there." And then there are Bendis books.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
really hoping Wonder Woman: Dead Earth gets a big ol' book like Harleen or maybe a hardcover.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, the medium has its own issues, like highly decompressed storytelling. I think that's the main thing that makes it feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. There are certainly some books I read and think, "yup, definitely got my $4 worth there." And then there are Bendis books.
Sure. And you're going to have a bad time if you follow a series just because you bought the previous issues. Following creators that you have a fondness for is a better approach. Because chances are when that guy you like leaves the book you're reading, it's going to turn to shit.
really hoping Wonder Woman: Dead Earth gets a big ol' book like Harleen or maybe a hardcover.
No way it won't.
I've been yelling at Mr. Hollywood to make a movie outta Extremity.
That was a good book that ended way too abruptly. It definitely could have used another arc or two.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I was hired as the new DC dude and my first order is no more hardcovers, only paperbacks from now on.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the X-Men of the week. Both Wolverine #1 and Marauders #8 were great. Better than great. I loved 'em. I wish I had an omnibus already so I could just keep reading.

Wolverine did such a good job of making it clear how much of a good guy he is, but also how uncontrollably dangerous. Kind to his friends and a machine of death to his enemies. I didn't like the way the first story started. I don't like how often that happens in Hickman's X-Men period. But it was a very good after that. The second story was excellent too. Most especially Wolverine's interactions with him. They made him super imposing and nightmarish. Compared to the other villains who have been shown, Wolverine managed to make him look like a genuine villain still. I'm not so into the other bad guys in the second story, but it still developed well and hints at cool things happening in the future. All around well told, which is all I need.

LOL. Our little lad Fone Bone is smitten as can be.

49577178638_8c4a6ae682_h.jpg
SO GOOD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. Our little lad Fone Bone is smitten as can be.

49577178638_8c4a6ae682_h.jpg

Is this like Pun Pun where we see a bird but he's not a bird, he's a real boy. If not this is a bit like sonic and that lady.

Also read the two most recent Marauders. Caselli is great on art and loved the issues.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Is this like Pun Pun where we see a bird but he's not a bird, he's a real boy. If not this is a bit like sonic and that lady.
I think he's legitimately a strange creature that nobody in this world has seen before, so I assume they see him the way we do. But I'm early in, so somebody else may have a better answer.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sure but is he really that thing
it's very intentionally a meeting of two different comic styles. like the Bones are from a Calvin & Hobbes or sunday funny pages comic and the setting + story they find themselves in is a budding adventure fantasy. they come together incredibly well.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder if Pun being a bird is ever explained. But I fear it's a spoiler. Maybe that's just how he sees himself

Status
Not open for further replies.