• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
here's the real toy y'all have been demanding

87164985_10104673083849804_8830733913430163456_o.jpg

hell yeah that's rad

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
hqcnuIVm.jpg

I was wondering where Black Hammer would go once the main mystery was resolved. The first two issues of this volume made me feel like it was going in a direction that I was not gonna like from both a writing and illustration point of view. The next 2 issues after those went back to the old art and the writing also felt more like what I enjoy from this series. While the main conflict is now over, I do like the new things these 2 issues set up for the future of the comic.

I just really hope that they don't go back to whatever that whole thing was in the first two issues 'cus it was genuinely bad.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame that Tynion didn't properly finish his JLD run. But I'm excited to see what RAM does with it.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hqcnuIVm.jpg

I was wondering where Black Hammer would go once the main mystery was resolved. The first two issues of this volume made me feel like it was going in a direction that I was not gonna like from both a writing and illustration point of view. The next 2 issues after those went back to the old art and the writing also felt more like what I enjoy from this series. While the main conflict is now over, I do like the new things these 2 issues set up for the future of the comic.

I just really hope that they don't go back to whatever that whole thing was in the first two issues 'cus it was genuinely bad.

Black Hammer Age of Doom was such a massive disappointment for me. I did really like that Black Hammer/Justice League crossover book though

May 24, 2019
hqcnuIVm.jpg

Were those the Tommaso drawn issues with the ant detective?

That reminds me I should finish that BH/JL crossover.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Black Hammer Age of Doom was such a massive disappointment for me. I did really like that Black Hammer/Justice League crossover book though
i wasn't a fan of age of doom either, but i do love all of the spin-offs. like, all of them. a lot.

edit check that black hammer 45 was bad.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The various Black Hammer spin-offs are more good than bad, which surprised me. I think the Legion of Evil stuff was probably the best of them, but there's not really any I wouldn't recommend. Maybe Quantum Age which was kind of forgettable.

I think at this point the spin-offs are solidly better than the main book. Lemire just wants to play in his sandbox.

May 24, 2019
Wait, this really is Lost.

2TKKLWx.gif

The side stuff is mostly just an excuse to play in comic genres or specific pastiches. They're not really important to the plot of the main (for the ones I've read anyway).

If you want to read Starman comics again and don't mind them being an off-brand version, Jeff's got you covered.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I bet Punchline is just playing Joker to get her feet on the ground as a supervillain and then once she feels she's sufficiently gotten a good hold, BOOM! She'll play Joker and make her move. Then Joker will be like "Nah" and it'll be a 3 way brawl between Harley, Joker, and Punchline with Joker imprisoned, Punchline barely escaping and receiving a deal from the Designer, and Harley leaving with Bats not allowing her to kill Joker and her not having a reason to be in Gotham any longer.

Bless Chip

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I bet Punchline is just playing Joker to get her feet on the ground as a supervillain and then once she feels she's sufficiently gotten a good hold, BOOM! She'll play Joker and make her move. Then Joker will be like "Nah" and it'll be a 3 way brawl between Harley, Joker, and Punchline with Joker imprisoned, Punchline barely escaping and receiving a deal from the Designer, and Harley leaving with Bats not allowing her to kill Joker and her not having a reason to be in Gotham any longer.

Bless Chip

I believe it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Don't take Harley out of Gotham. That was what I hated most about Jimmy and Amandas run. Leave her in Gotham and jet her interact with everyone ffs.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody told Bleeding Cool that Tynion is definitely staying on past #100 unless they're ending and relaunching Batman in the middle of Death Metal.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I was expecting Batman to re-launch when Tynion joined. I guess they're waiting (were?) for 5G.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Too much continuity baggage tbh. I am sure they wanted a reasonably clean state to start from.

Yup and they proceeded to have a bunch of storylines that don't feel like Harley with a bunch of people no one cares about. Every character has baggage. Not one character in that run is memorable.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Harley ep. 1 and 2 and was shocked at how good it was. The promos just came across as corny, but it's actually pretty damn funny as some of you stated.

Though call me an old, but the over-reliance on the F-bomb made its inclusion lose all impact fast. Eventually started to cringe a bit when spoken almost every line. Otherwise good stuff!

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Watched Harley ep. 1 and 2 and was shocked at how good it was. The promos just came across as corny, but it's actually pretty damn funny as some of you stated.

Though call me an old, but the over-reliance on the F-bomb made its inclusion lose all impact fast. Eventually started to cringe a bit when spoken almost every line. Otherwise good stuff!
I mean, you get used to it haha

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ending to Black Hammer was good but not as great as I'd like. It sorta felt like the last arc was rushed, things could've probably gone on for another 2 or so volumes. It would've allowed everything to built up more towards the end rather than the new paradigm being introduced and then it getting resolved a few issues later.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Wolverine #1. Surprisingly so tbh. I was 2 distinct issues as they had said but I liked both stories. More so the second story. Both artists were good, I feel like this may be Kuberts best art in a while. Bogdonavics art reminds me of Greg Capullos art. Especially the Court of Owl's era art. I'll be interested in reading more and I'd love to see more of the Huntress-esque lady.

Don't usually enjoy Wolverine but here we are.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really enjoyed Wolverine #1. Surprisingly so tbh. I was 2 distinct issues as they had said but I liked both stories. More so the second story. Both artists were good, I feel like this may be Kuberts best art in a while. Bogdonavics art reminds me of Greg Capullos art. Especially the Court of Owl's era art. I'll be interested in reading more and I'd love to see more of the Huntress-esque lady.

Don't usually enjoy Wolverine but here we are.

It was a great start with solid art. I got Capullo vibes too.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the X-Men can bring any mutant back to life, they should totally bring back X-Statix.

Status
Not open for further replies.