• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
God DAMN. Dalek eating a 1-month ban.

source.gif

May 24, 2019
For what? you can't get into his profile.

e: nm found the post list.

edit: Still can't work it out, but a mod closed his Girl Scout thread for no good reason. Is it a thing where you close banned ppls threads?

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I have a confession to make

I fucking love superheroes. I love superhero comics. I love it when comics are at their most superhero. I don't care how juvenile that makes me seem.

As a result, I confess that I very much loved Guardians of the Galaxy #2 as written by Al Ewing
I'll co-sign that, plus it's got that Ewing "yeah I'm gonna go DEEP on that continuity bullshit and solve a problem that did not need solving" that I'm ALL ABOUT.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Do you also love Shonen Jumps about superheroes?
MHA is a quality anime
I'll co-sign that, plus it's got that Ewing "yeah I'm gonna go DEEP on that continuity bullshit and solve a problem that did not need solving" that I'm ALL ABOUT.
I didn't even realize it was a deep cut until I came to this thread and y'all were like "yo that's a deep cut" and I'm like "damn so it's THAT deep of a cut" which made me respect it even more. A level of payoff on a whole new tier.

Plus the follow up on Hercules.

May 24, 2019

🙄

I'm all for being careful about ableism, but people excusing being rude to lil girls on social anxiety is an exception I can make.

edit: He did go on for a while without apologizing/acknowledging peoples problems or at least dropping it, but a month is way over the top.
This innocent cookie thread must've built up a pile of reports.

Last edited:

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
🙄

I'm all for being careful about ableism, but people excusing being rude to lil girls on social anxiety is an exception I can make.

edit: He did go on for a while without apologizing/acknowledging peoples problems or at least dropping it, but a month is way over the top.
It's my god's given right to be an asshole to brownies selling cookies dammit!

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AMETHYST #1
FAR SECTOR #4
JOHN CONSTANTINE HELLBLAZER #4
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #20 (aw yeah Animal Man!)
LEVIATHAN DAWN #1
SHAZAM #11
SUICIDE SQUAD #3
WONDER WOMAN #752

BLACK PANTHER #21
UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL TP VOL 12

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ms. Marvel team-ups were a couple of rather cute and fun stories! I liked the Ms.Marvel/Spider-Man #1 with the reverse reading of the issue. The Carol Danvers arc was a little on the nose at times but nothing really off putting.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
🙄

One month seems excessive although I thought he was a bit over the top in that thread (someone just going into the store without saying something isn't ideal but I'm not sure it's a huge deal either, for example but those were painted as going out of their way to be rude). I have a daughter almost the exact same age and she sometimes does fundraising and she encounters rude people. While it would be nice if the real world didn't have rude people I think there's some benefit in learning that it does at an early age.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
list

ASM #40
Fantastic Four Grimm Noir #1
Giant Size X-Men Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1
New Mutants #8
X-Men + Fantastic Four #2
X-Men #7

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
🙄

I wonder if he ever even got a warning. Maybe not in that thread, but somewhere else recently. I dont think ive ever seen Dalek act in a way that would even warrant one. That sucks.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Ms. Marvel team-ups were a couple of rather cute and fun stories! I liked the Ms.Marvel/Spider-Man #1 with the reverse reading of the issue. The Carol Danvers arc was a little on the nose at times but nothing really off putting.
It upsets me that those stopped. For no reason. I mean sales, probably, but I liked those a lot. I want my buddy book dammit!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when we'll get the next season of Doom Patrol? The first premiered over a year ago and I know it took a while to be renewed, but I'd hope we'd at least hear a date in the near future. I loved Daredevil Season 1 but Doom Patrol is the best live action superhero show I've ever seen.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when we'll get the next season of Doom Patrol? The first premiered over a year ago and I know it took a while to be renewed, but I'd hope we'd at least hear a date in the near future. I loved Daredevil Season 1 but Doom Patrol is the best live action superhero show I've ever seen.

Has there been any recent news other than Dorothy being cast?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone dropping like files, soon it'll be just Messi posting Olivia Wilde gifs and Freeza posting anime and no one will respond

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Please god no. I'd prefer if him and Spencer just quit comics altogether. Spider-Man started off okay but after the Kraven story I'm so sick of him. Give it to Zdarsky already you cowards.

I'm pretty happy it's such a heavy X-Men week. I need that Giant Size Emma and at least Zdarsky still has X/FF.

I'm on the last issue of Harleen and I don't want it to end. I think Sejic is a next level artist/writer and his Harley is extremely likeable and sympathetic. I need the hardcover of Isley like yesterday.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Spencer I give until the Centipede reveal, that box has been there so long, it's collecting dust. The reveal better be this year.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good with more Morning Glories. At least that fucking nonsense is interesting.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Me too. I'd like some resolution. My only real issue with the books is I couldn't tell some characters apart and some are a little too generic looking.
yeahh i definitely remember similar feelings. i'd for sure need a reread to get everything organized in my head again.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You either die a hero, or write Spider-Man long enough to become a villain.

This is the correct take.
what's your take on what marvel's done with Amazing Spider-man, MHWilliams? Do you think Marel legit thought they were putting their best writers on the series? Or do you think they had a different strategy in mind?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel: *gives Zdarsky a side Spidey book and F4 side book*
Marvel to relaunch ASM/F4
CB: "Sees Zdarsky getting praise for both stories"
DAN SLOTT ON F4 AND SPENCER ON ASM
giphy.gif

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
That's why I hate the meme. I think lots of people aren't aware it's a joke. One time he wrote that he enjoyed a recent idolmaster game, and his fans in the west have blamed every single delay on him being an addict since. I can't think of a joke that remains funny for over a decade when told the same way.

I played idolmaster once. Whenever I'm not in this thread for a while, it's probably because I'm addicted to idolmaster.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I hate the meme. I think lots of people aren't aware it's a joke. One time he wrote that he enjoyed a recent idolmaster game, and his fans in the west have blamed every single delay on him being an addict since. I can't think of a joke that remains funny for over a decade when told the same way.

I played idolmaster once. Whenever I'm not in this thread for a while, it's probably because I'm addicted to idolmaster.

Is this the version you play?

mofu-mofu-akita-dog-01.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Marvel: *gives Zdarsky a side Spidey book and F4 side book*
Marvel to relaunch ASM/F4
CB: "Sees Zdarsky getting praise for both stories"
DAN SLOTT ON F4 AND SPENCER ON ASM
giphy.gif
Spencer is good at character interactions, and voices along with a humorous tone, his plotting is lacking though. I feel like if he did more short arcs it would be a better read, but even so I enjoy it because of the above mentioned good points

Status
Not open for further replies.