• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Cosmic Book News publishing utter, absolute, unfounded trash that only stokes the passion of shitlords? Shocking!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to write that article seriously should be: hey look at what this crazy person says

You know its bad when BC wont even comment

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
in actual news from actual people actually working on actual DC Comics, Metal Men is still going to 12 issues

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm thinking of finally starting More than Meets the Eye but want to get a little more context reading around it.

Does this sound about right? Am I missing important events after Dark Cybertron or can you read volumes 6-10 straight through?

Last Stand of the Wreckers

Chaos Theory (Transformers 2009 22-23)

Wiki summarizing events of Transformers 2009 series (Vol 1-7)

MTMTE Volumes 1-3

Robots in Disguise Volumes 1-4

MTMTE Volumes 4-5

Robots in Disguise Volume 5

Dark Cybertron Event

MTMTE Volume 6-10

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This DC Artist Alley Catwoman by Brittney Lee is rad as fuck.

DC-Artists-Alley-Catwoman-Brittney-Lee.jpg
More than the statue, I want the cartoon and or OGN this statue comes from.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it will take before people start turning on Yoshida. I guess the event spam is annoying but enough of the tie-ins are being offloaded into minis rather than infecting too many of the main books. Honestly he seems pretty hands-off letting Cates, Hickman, Ewing, etc. do whatever crazy shit they want and it's all paid off.

Only potentially spicy thing in the future is seeing the follow up to the missed proposal in ASM...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The Harley show is fantastic and way better than anyone expected it to be.
3jtvd6.gif

I wonder how long it will take before people start turning on Yoshida. I guess the event spam is annoying but enough of the tie-ins are being offloaded into minis rather than infecting too many of the main books. Honestly he seems pretty hands-off letting Cates, Hickman, Ewing, etc. do whatever crazy shit they want and it's all paid off.

Only potentially spicy thing in the future is seeing the follow up to the missed proposal in ASM...
He already has people who want him gone over the Yoshida thing and the only thing that could really make it worst at this point is either a scandal that makes even more people mad or doing something really controversial or bad with the line.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
More than the statue, I want the cartoon and or OGN this statue comes from.
Neither. As far as I know the Artist Alley line of figures is just based on art pieces. This is the Inktober piece Brittney Lee did.

fb750de19fa3f6b5e9f1b50a07f5c8a6.jpg

The other pieces from the line are all pretty meh.

DC_AA_Heffelfinger_Batman_1_5e4c5c00322733.75274690.jpg
DC_AA_Peters_Joker_1_5e4c5bbd77e428.86510561.jpg
DC_AA_Ballesteros_25cent_Wonder_Batfamily_1_5e4c5be601b100.71526068.jpg

I won't even bother posting any from the first series, because those were all horrific.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't even know where to watch Harley Quinn in Canada. DC shows are all over the map up here. If it's not on Netflix or Crave I won't find it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Dan goes to Doom or IDW, or joins one of those new startup publishers. IF he stays in the industry at all.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This seems hilariously alarmist.

Well I have spent the last few days catching up on everything I've missed out on the past decade (reading plot summaries, old news articles on the industry, etc), having not read comics regularly or paid much attention to comic news in that time. EVS is going down the far-right rabbit hole, looks like he's graduated to conspiracy theories if he wasn't there already. If he pops up on some embarrassing alt-right YouTuber's channel talking about this in the days ahead I wouldn't be surprised.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Well I have spent the last few days catching up on everything I've missed out on the past decade (reading plot summaries, old news articles on the industry, etc), having not read comics regularly or paid much attention to comic news in that time. EVS is going down the far-right rabbit hole, looks like he's graduated to conspiracy theories if he wasn't there already. If he pops up on some embarrassing alt-right YouTuber's channel talking about this in the days ahead I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah. I thought he was just a regular old Republican a few years ago. Even when he started a Youtube channel he just did commentary on some DC comics he drew, and I thought it was interesting. Then he went full alt-right and I jumped out of there as fast as possible.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that man is 100% on the alt-right now, he was the main dude who got ComicsGate going. All the alt-right comic fans use him as a beacon.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that man is 100% on the alt-right now, he was the main dude who got ComicsGate going. All the alt-right comic fans use him as a beacon.
It was definitely a thing before him, but I would say he probably got it a quite a bit more popular. I think it may have been started by Comics Diversity or whoever that one Youtube channel guy was a while back.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017

Oh the hilarious thing is NONE OF THESE DUDES CAN STAND EACH OTHER. They keep sniping at each other and calling each other shitty low rent grifters when they're all exactly that, and they all have terrible projects they're incredibly late on. They're extremely contemptible and anyone giving them oxygen is either on the take or not worth taking seriously whatsoever.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
compiled the list for the week, heck yeah

SEX CRIMINALS #27
ACTION COMICS #1020
AMETHYST #1
BASKETFUL OF HEADS #5
BATMAN SUPERMAN #7
DIAL H FOR HERO #12
FAR SECTOR #4
JOHN CONSTANTINE HELLBLAZER #4
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #20
LAST GOD #5
LEVIATHAN DAWN #1
SHAZAM #11
SUICIDE SQUAD #3
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN HELL ARISEN #3
GIANT SIZE X-MEN JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST #1
PUNISHER SOVIET #4
TAROT #3
X-FORCE #8
X-MEN #7
X-MEN FANTASTIC FOUR #2

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yeah. I thought he was just a regular old Republican a few years ago. Even when he started a Youtube channel he just did commentary on some DC comics he drew, and I thought it was interesting. Then he went full alt-right and I jumped out of there as fast as possible.

I see. When I lookup ComicsGate on my Macbook (highlight feature), the Twitter result it gives me is from EVS's account. Sigh. I wasn't a huge fan of his art, but I did enjoy many of the comics he worked on. Sad to see people fall to that way of thinking.

On a positive note, I really liked Undiscovered Country #1 and was able to grab #2 - #4 from the LCS earlier, the last issue of each, so that was cool. Going to read on a day so I'll be caught up by Wednesday.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
how is every single story in batman black & white incredible?! this one written by simonson where a mother tells a story to her son about the legend of batman and how he'll return when necessary, only to zoom out on a fascist future government and a teast that batman's RETURNED! gahhh they're all so brilliant. how have i never read these before?

edit: check that, literally the next story was about 11-year-old black kids with 20 felonies. "what's a batman supposed to do with people like this? compassionless... angry... kill you as soon as look at you." fuckin' gross man. reminds me of clinton's infamous super-predators line. they can't all be perfect. this one was by jan strnad by the way. book picked up again right after it.

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
how is every single story in batman black & white incredible?! this one written by simonson where a mother tells a story to her son about the legend of batman and how he'll return when necessary, only to zoom out on a fascist future government and a teast that batman's RETURNED! gahhh they're all so brilliant. how have i never read these before?

edit: check that, literally the next story was about 11-year-old black kids with 20 felonies. "what's a batman supposed to do with people like this? compassionless... angry... kill you as soon as look at you." fuckin' gross man. reminds me of clinton's infamous super-predators line.
Hehe, glad you are loving it. I've only read half of the stories in that omni and almost all of them are great. Definitely tempted to eventually get the omni.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
it's always a common thread for me -- the good batman stories and the bad. the best batman stories present him as vulnerable, compassionate, human. not 100% of the time, but enough to know the man the mask, so to speak. the worst present him as hard, remorseless, invincible even if he takes insane levels of harm. it's all very a good study for dissecting masculinity.

May 24, 2019
LIST!!
ACTION COMICS #1020
AMETHYST #1
BASKETFUL OF HEADS #5
BATMAN/SUPERMAN #7
DIAL H FOR HERO #12
FANTASTIC FOUR GRIMM NOIR #1
FAR SECTOR #4
GIANT SIZE X-MEN JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #20
LEVIATHAN DAWN #1
SHAZAM #11
SUICIDE SQUAD #3
X-MEN #7
X-MEN FANTASTIC FOUR #2
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN HELL ARISEN #3

Also interested in Hidden Society for the Albuquerque and Finger Guns cause of the covers:
7yHMZ9v.jpg
XrQAhtW.jpg
iKwB5ue.jpg

but I'll wait for reviews.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've started only pulling like 4 books and everything else I buy on CMX if I decide I want it and it's made being a Wednesday warrior way more enjoyable. No more pulling books I'm not actually reading or feeling pressure to catch up on things I'm pulling but not reading.

Honestly debating if I'm going to bother with X-Men. I'm tired of the one-shot stories, pretty soon it's tying into an event I'm not going to read on release, and the summer event will probably be bloated as hell because X-fans are easy marks.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I have a confession to make

I fucking love superheroes. I love superhero comics. I love it when comics are at their most superhero. I don't care how juvenile that makes me seem.

As a result, I confess that I very much loved Guardians of the Galaxy #2 as written by Al Ewing

Status
Not open for further replies.