• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i get wanting to read sad stories sometimes, but punpun genuinely seems to just be self-abusive. maybe folk like that?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tragedy, there's an appeal to that.
I thought Goodnight Punpun was a tragedy but now I realize it's a comedy.

pIUYj36.png

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wolverine #1 - I am an instant fan of Percy and Adam Kubert. This is fantastic.

I am glad I held off on placing any DC books outside of the new Hellblazer onto my recent pull list. Going to wait and see how things shake out now that Didio is gone. I'd love to read normal stories about Dick Grayson and Wally West again, for example.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of people praising Punpun a lot, saying it's one of the best mangas they ever read and etc, so it certainly has an appeal.

But I personally hate tragedies and Punpun goes hard on them. I prefer my shonen jumps to be about friendship, super awesome battles and sometimes lewd stuff

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of people praising Punpun a lot, saying it's one of the best mangas they ever read and etc, so it certainly has an appeal.

But I personally hate tragedies and Punpun goes hard on them. I prefer my shonen jumps to be about friendship, super awesome battles and sometimes lewd stuff
I just started my binge of Dr. Stone. I'm like 31 chapters in and really enjoying it. The art is pretty fantastic for a manga.
Hasbro doing a fan vote for Silk, Elektra or Sif.

VOTE FOR SILK.
What's that, Vote for Sif?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Pun Pun is so good because it hurts

It's the literary equivalent of stabbing yourself so that you know that you are alive.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Invisible Kingdom v1 was pretty decent! An interesting set up for the universe and I liked the twist at the end of v1. But I am not really sure where they could take it from here? In for v2 though.

I was reading that monthly and genuinely forgot it existed when it went on break between arcs.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Read the first tpb of The Terrifics, and it really is just DC's Fantastic Four. Ivan Reis does an awesome job on those first few issues.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading that monthly and genuinely forgot it existed when it went on break between arcs.

Yeah, I can really imagine all these Image/DH/Other-indie sci-fi universes just blending together if you are away from them a bit.
(I might have actually paid a little more attention to this due ti Wilson + Berger.)

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I know Vaughn may be busy working on some movies. He's doing the Gundam movie so I'm kinda like "take your time to get it right, king!" over that... Sorry Saga fans. This one's for me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know how the Berserk guy is never going to finish because he's obsessed with Idolmaster? I wonder how many guys like that there are in comics.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Dexter Soy is great. I love is art. I especially love how good of an action artist he is. I also enjoy Batman and the Outsiders. I enjoy it quite a bit.

I wish Soy were on a better book.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Yea hes going places for sure. His art does fit the tone of Hill's Outsiders quite well. But yea, I would like to see him on something bigger eventually.
Him, Schitti, Schmidt, Jimenez, and Marquez are so goddamned good at action sequences. So clean and crisp. The motion is so good. Sorrentino is great, but his panelling can get a little wild sometimes and I can feel why people would be put off by that.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
ah yes, noted industry insider, currently inside the industry, working in the industry and being inside it, and not run out of comics for being a literal nazi imagery enthusiast, Ethan Van Sciver

Status
Not open for further replies.