• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which writer do you prefer?

• James Tynion IV (Punchline creator, Batman, Detective Comics)

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Donny Cates (Buzzkill, Responsible for the recent influx of Venom and Carnage)

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Scott Snyder (Wikipedia, Dark Knights Death Metal, American Vampire)

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Jonathan Hickman (Charts, Orgy Island, Saved X-Men? East of West)

Votes: 72 63.2%
  • Tom Taylor (Batman, Vision, Sheriff of Babylon)

Votes: 14 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
mKKlwYm.png

Started volume 2 earlier, so far have only read the first issue.

Could this run be any better? I love literally everything about this, I really hope this becomes the new status quo for the X-Men. What Hickman created here is fantastic and I'd really hate to see it go.
It does feel like a wonderful time to be an X-men fan.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing sadder than amazing penciling getting dunked on by poor inking and coloring. There has been some comics that I think have really subpar art but then I see just the inks or somethings even just the penciling and I'd rather just have that over the finished product.

Seven to Eternity comes to mind.

Batman 103. Guillem Marches original pencils and inks are beautiful and detailed... The colors smother all that. It's bad. Same as this week's issue. Only Tomeu Morey should color his work. When Tomeu colors his work its amazing just like when he colors Jimenez. See any of Guillem or Jimenez Joker War art. Its all colored by Tomeu.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
God, I'd rather Bendis tbh

After what he did with the Superman books I'd prefer almost anyone over Bendis. Writing both books for over two years all we got were:

Rogol Zaar
Levithan - Which was a pretty great idea but with poor execution
The Superman goes public story that DC just did five years earlier
Aging Jon Kent for no clear reason. At least until I dropped the books

Williamson's stories are up and down but at least he keeps a book moving.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Williamson's Batman/Superman is pretty damn good, just as fun stories slotted into current continuity. Even his take on the lmao'd and their for into the DCU was the best one, though I think that fact turned off a lot of people before they gave it a chance. More people should read it.

And since Black Cat is on this page, more people should read that too.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that a new Super Sons series is on the way, makes the decision to age Jon up even more bizarre.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to read the whole of Soules Vader run at work today, started off a bit wonky but I got really into it by the end. Quite excited for his High Republic novel now. It's wild how Vader is the best of the Star Wars comics, Gillens run was amazing as well. Tried to go straight into Paks run but not a fan. The "Amidalans" is pretty dumb even for Star Wars. Could not care less about background characters from Naboo.

Think I'll try and fire through Dr Aphra tomorrow if I have downtime.

The man who can't see, sniffs his fingers. i like that it's paired with the ethical dilemma text.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
After what he did with the Superman books I'd prefer almost anyone over Bendis. Writing both books for over two years all we got were:

Rogol Zaar
Levithan - Which was a pretty great idea but with poor execution
The Superman goes public story that DC just did five years earlier
Aging Jon Kent for no clear reason. At least until I dropped the books

Williamson's stories are up and down but at least he keeps a book moving.
There was no momentum on Flash because you could tell he didn't want to write Barry. He wasted a whole run just to say Barry Allen is shit. It doubly sucks because he had a solid hook for him.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
the weirdest part of Williamson's run, aside from having an arc 80+ issues deep where you shit on your character for not having a single memorable story since his return, is how he was doing a Johns GL style revamp of the Forces and then just stopped. like 20 issues in and he realized it wasn't working so the big consequence was learning that Eobard was behind Hunter Zolomon and a guy with the magic power to help people remember things before the Nu52.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
eClZ3OB.jpg

Got the HC that has, like, 12 issues or something. Been itching for some DD lately.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
the weirdest part of Williamson's run, aside from having an arc 80+ issues deep where you shit on your character for not having a single memorable story since his return, is how he was doing a Johns GL style revamp of the Forces and then just stopped. like 20 issues in and he realized it wasn't working so the big consequence was learning that Eobard was behind Hunter Zolomon and a guy with the magic power to help people remember things before the Nu52.
Yeah, his Flash sucks

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Like. That's it. That's everything. I could never find the words to describe it and they're... they're right here. All in one page in an x-men comic. I feel like crying.

I love where the x-line is right now.
Its certainly a very unexpected page to find at the back of an X-men comic.
You are right, the X line is firing on all ciliders at the moment.
Its wonderful. I'm so into X-men at the moment I have been going back and reading older runs I missed before, just to keep the X kick going.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
IST Restocks

Avatar Last Airbender Imbalance Library Edition HC
Batman the Caped Crusader TP Vol 04
Harrow County Library Edition HC Vol 04
Hellboy Library Ed Vol 1 Seed of Destruction & Wake the Devil HC
Hellboy Library HC Vol 06 Storm Fury Bride Hell
Hellsing Deluxe Edition HC Vol 02 (MR)
Morbius Living Vampire Omnibus HC DM Var
Sensational She-Hulk By Byrne Omnibus HC
Sensational She-Hulk By Byrne Omnibus HC DM Var

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
About a third of the way in to the Blade of the Immortal Deluxe and still really enjoying it. Its not very deep or anything yet, but I think they are still setting up the world and characters. The art remains the absolute best part of the book. Love the scenes at the very end of a fight, usually the killing blow, thats like a painting almost. There have been some hard to see whats going on moments here and there, but what manga doesnt have those times lol.
Its not nearly as sexually explicit or horny as Berserk has been. There was maybe one scene that was questionable, but I think that was meant to be a joke at other manga more anything else.

The dude is basically Wolverine with worms rather than a healing factor lol.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Big Hard Sex Criminals Vol 3 is also on amazon for July 13th

Big Hard Sex Criminals, Volume 3 Deluxxxe Hardcover: Amazon.co.uk: Fraction, Matt, Zdarsky, Chip: 9781534319097: Books

Buy Big Hard Sex Criminals, Volume 3 Deluxxxe Hardcover 01 by Fraction, Matt, Zdarsky, Chip (ISBN: 9781534319097) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.
Did you pre-order your Prime 1 Harley yet? I see pre-orders for the new one opened.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on X of Swords. Really enjoyed it.

God damn, I love how Hickman writes Scott Summers. Finally doing him justice.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Dodo is the best thing on the internet ive found. Just watched a baby elephant learn to use his trunk and an otter learn to swim.

May 24, 2019
The Dodo is the best thing on the internet ive found. Just watched a baby elephant learn to use his trunk and an otter learn to swim.

That shit is forever being pushed on my Facebook. Maybe I posted "cute puppy! :)" once 15 years ago, I dunno.

Also some period pain relief machine. I don't have an explanation for that one.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its so good.

I think TENET is out digitally or what have you and I dunno if I even have the desire to check it out anymore. Even with being able to turn up the volume for the dialogue lol.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
IST Restocks

Avatar Last Airbender Imbalance Library Edition HC
Batman the Caped Crusader TP Vol 04
Harrow County Library Edition HC Vol 04
Hellboy Library Ed Vol 1 Seed of Destruction & Wake the Devil HC
Hellboy Library HC Vol 06 Storm Fury Bride Hell
Hellsing Deluxe Edition HC Vol 02 (MR)
Morbius Living Vampire Omnibus HC DM Var
Sensational She-Hulk By Byrne Omnibus HC
Sensational She-Hulk By Byrne Omnibus HC DM Var

Picked up the She-Hulk DM cover! 2% discount + 5% cashback rewards pushes it into buy now regret later category.

Damn, have bought too much stuff this week. -_-

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Did the foolish thing earlier today and took a bus to the mall. Coming back, I almost got mugged.

Pandemic, attempted robbery, and all for finding shoes that went there.

Status
Not open for further replies.