• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which writer do you prefer?

• James Tynion IV (Punchline creator, Batman, Detective Comics)

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Donny Cates (Buzzkill, Responsible for the recent influx of Venom and Carnage)

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Scott Snyder (Wikipedia, Dark Knights Death Metal, American Vampire)

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Jonathan Hickman (Charts, Orgy Island, Saved X-Men? East of West)

Votes: 72 63.2%
  • Tom Taylor (Batman, Vision, Sheriff of Babylon)

Votes: 14 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New Image books popped up on Amazon!

Gideon Falls Deluxe Edition, Book One - $49.99 - August 31, 2021
The Complete Witchblade, Volume 2 - $49.99 - April 6, 2021
Big Hard Sex Criminals, Volume 3 Deluxxxe Hardcover - $44.99 - July 13, 2021
Middlewest - $59.99 - July 13, 2021
Oblivion Song Book 2 - $39.99 - July 20, 2021
Low Book Two - $49.99 - August 31, 2021

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Messi's influence keeps spilling into Fortnite
latest

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
New Image books popped up on Amazon!

Gideon Falls Deluxe Edition, Book One - $49.99 - August 31, 2021
The Complete Witchblade, Volume 2 - $49.99 - April 6, 2021
Big Hard Sex Criminals, Volume 3 Deluxxxe Hardcover - $44.99 - July 13, 2021
Middlewest - $59.99 - July 13, 2021
Oblivion Song Book 2 - $39.99 - July 20, 2021
Low Book Two - $49.99 - August 31, 2021
Ooh Gideon Falls. Tempting. Tempting.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I'm going to preface this by saying I've never been that big into the X-Men prior, but I really love Sinister's characterization in Hellions. lol

MisterSinister2.png

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed the Daredevil spoiler showed up in King in Black. So small you wouldnt even notice if you werent looking hard enough.

Also read Hellions. This is by far the best Sinister has ever been.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed the Daredevil spoiler showed up in King in Black. So small you wouldnt even notice if you werent looking hard enough.

Also read Hellions. This is by far the best Sinister has ever been.

So they were able to keep to continuity enough to spoiler a big reveal, yet missed continuity errors elsewhere

Really makes you think 🤔🤔🤔

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
so as a lil december treat I picked up that black label reprint of Fegredo and Milligan's GIRL; I did not expect it to get as heavy as it gets and while it completely rules, I think I gotta say as a warning that it does deal with self-harm and bullying in a way that really hits

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So they were able to keep to continuity enough to spoiler a big reveal, yet missed continuity errors elsewhere

Really makes you think 🤔🤔🤔
lol. It was so random that I bet they added it in right at the last minute.

The overall issue was good, but since im not caught up on Venom still some of the stuff with his son I just had no clue what they were talking about lol. Also felt like the same opening issue as War of the Realms, just with venom dragons.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it taking so long to release a book that just collects old books?

Give it to meeee! I want Domu in super large trim. Looking forward to this, Kodansha's premium editions are lovely to hold and read.

If this is his complete works it cant be in one big book.
Unless its an omnibus that comes with its own robot that helps you lift it.

Without Akira it won't be a very large book right?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I love the the X-men line of books is so healthy at the moment.
The X-men books again feel like the strong core of Marvel Comics.
As they should be.
The whole line is so good. And the communication and cohesion between every team is great.

Like lowkey they referenced Fallen Angels and you know what?? Good. It was not a very good book but I still appreciate that they didn't drop plot threads from it. It all matters. It's nice to see, idk

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if its his complete works, Akira has to be there surely.
Otherwise you can't exactly call it complete.
Although you are right, I think the majority of the rest of his work is short series and one offs.

They put out that great Akira box set and re-printed it fairly recently too. I don't think they'll include it in this.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
so as a lil december treat I picked up that black label reprint of Fegredo and Milligan's GIRL; I did not expect it to get as heavy as it gets and while it completely rules, I think I gotta say as a warning that it does deal with self-harm and bullying in a way that really hits
Milligan and Fegredo's works are peak Vertigo

Hoping Face gets a reprint somewhere. Was hoping that would be bundled with GIRL but it was not..

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Theres plenty of pillaging in Assassins Creed Valhalla, but I feel like its missing something else from Viking history.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my

Also Otto Schmidt can't get a Canary or Arrow book but they are asking Palmiotti to pitch this shit. 🤣🤣🤣

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I know Cates gets picked on a lot here....is it safe for me to say I'm loving Thor?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Snowpiercer is a lot better than I expected. At least the first half of the season was. When people said they had turned it into a cop show I expected CSI on a train, but it was more like one case that had to be solved over the course of the first half of the season. Like the Alienist, on a train. The second half has just been like the rest of the film but drawn out with these new characters, which is still interesting, just not as interesting as the detective stuff.

The only thing it doesnt do well is the dread that most other dystopian type stories and shows are able to do so well. Like when you see something that you can just feel in the pit of your stomach, like seeing the handmaids of Washington DC with their mouths sewn shut. They dont really even try on this show though, just like that other TNT show with Sawyer from LOST and the aliens lol.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me wonder, have you guys seen any DC or Marvel comics with crowds wearing facemasks? It's not like COVID is a thing in either universe but it feels weird to draw people on the street and not at least sprinkle in some face masks.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me wonder, have you guys seen any DC or Marvel comics with crowds wearing facemasks? It's not like COVID is a thing in either universe but it feels weird to draw people on the street and not at least sprinkle in some face masks.
The Marvel Universe doesn't have COVID but they do have Frost Giants invading the entire world, everyone in New York being turned into a spider and now Symbiotes from space taking over everything. I think we can give them this.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my

Also Otto Schmidt can't get a Canary or Arrow book but they are asking Palmiotti to pitch this shit. 🤣🤣🤣

Palmiotti is odd to me. He can be fairly good for a while (Hex and Starfire) and then just pile trash upon trash for years (Harley Quinn). At this point I've basically written him off, but I wouldn't even be shocked if he made another good comic at some point.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

The Marvel Universe doesn't have COVID but they do have Frost Giants invading the entire world, everyone in New York being turned into a spider and now Symbiotes from space taking over everything. I think we can give them this.

Marvel has this book coming out next week:
uL2CSF3tDckMEqqYaqfFGT-970-80.jpg.webp

I'm not sure what the stance is on face masks is though.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Snowpiercer is a lot better than I expected. At least the first half of the season was. When people said they had turned it into a cop show I expected CSI on a train, but it was more like one case that had to be solved over the course of the first half of the season. Like the Alienist, on a train. The second half has just been like the rest of the film but drawn out with these new characters, which is still interesting, just not as interesting as the detective stuff.

The only thing it doesnt do well is the dread that most other dystopian type stories and shows are able to do so well. Like when you see something that you can just feel in the pit of your stomach, like seeing the handmaids of Washington DC with their mouths sewn shut. They dont really even try on this show though, just like that other TNT show with Sawyer from LOST and the aliens lol.

This reminds me: Vic, have you watched Lost? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.