• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which writer do you prefer?

• James Tynion IV (Punchline creator, Batman, Detective Comics)

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Donny Cates (Buzzkill, Responsible for the recent influx of Venom and Carnage)

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Scott Snyder (Wikipedia, Dark Knights Death Metal, American Vampire)

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Jonathan Hickman (Charts, Orgy Island, Saved X-Men? East of West)

Votes: 72 63.2%
  • Tom Taylor (Batman, Vision, Sheriff of Babylon)

Votes: 14 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
1 issue and Knull already won

Marvel universe is now the Knullverse

All hail Santa Knull

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I freaking LOVE it!

I really liked Matt's new DD suit design though too. Probably my all time favorite suit. But having Elektra take over as DD for Matt is such an awesome idea.

I really need to read it but ive been trying to wait for the damn OHCs lol.

Oh what, thats awesome! I wonder if he might be doing a Batgirls book after Future State then. Now that hes done with Death or Glory he is free for something new.

It's Oracle , Spoiler, Nightwing and Orphan. Make of that what you will.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Miles really needed Carmen Carrero to make it for this last issue of the arc.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
You know I didn't even realise
Sentry came back to life. But then he just fucking died, so I guess it didn't matter.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao this Champions issue makes the Franklin thing extra extra extra extra hilarious now.

They're welcome on Krakoa and he isn't, also Cyclops is the most superheroic he's been in a while in this issue

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You know I didn't even realise
Sentry came back to life. But then he just fucking died, so I guess it didn't matter.
Sentry came back ages ago in Jeff Lemire mini but he supposed to be a fusion between Sentry and Void

I'm reminded when Immortal hulk can one shot thor but was taken out so he doesn't solve the plot8

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao this Champions issue makes the Franklin thing extra extra extra extra hilarious now.

They're welcome on Krakoa and he isn't, also Cyclops is the most superheroic he's been in a while in this issue
The one good thing about o5 time travel
One good thing

The New Warriors are such narcs especially speedball
Cradle make hydra look subtle

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Sentry came back ages ago in Jeff Lemire mini but he supposed to be a fusion between Sentry and Void

I'm reminded when Immortal hulk can one shot thor but was taken out so he doesn't solve the plot8
Seemed a little silly to have him in this for a couple of pages just to kill him.
I got a slight chuckle that he died in the same way he killed Ares back in seige.
But honestly King in Black left me pretty lukewarm

Also having old Cable drawn in a scene when he is supposed to be young feels like something an editor should of caught.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I already know the answer, but did anyone bother with the MODOK book?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
remember how Nightcrawler said "make more mutants" but then we have yet to see a single pregnancy, despite the rumored free love and orgies. I dare say the Krakoan laws are fraudulent.

as a real point of discussion - I'd be curious to see if y'all feel like the alien/non-traditional vibes, for lack of a better term, that came off so strongly in HoXPoX have been lessened over time or if it's just us getting used to it. Hickman seems to be pushing it heavily, but aside from the way romance is handled I don't get the vibe that anything is really that different in the X-books compared to before. Hellions is the best one and outside of the resurrection aspect feels very traditional. Just the same old in a new setting, with a few new rules.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
what if knull and maestro had a baby

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if Maestro IS the King in Black.

tenor.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Time for me to lay down and read Daredevil 1-25 in one sitting today. I had to drop my cat off at the vet and she's heavily sedated and I can't pick her up until EOD. I'm a nervous wreck worried about her and need to take my mind off.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Time for me to lay down and read Daredevil 1-25 in one sitting today. I had to drop my cat off at the vet and she's heavily sedated and I can't pick her up until EOD. I'm a nervous wreck worried about her and need to take my mind off.
Sorry to hear that dude. Hope she's ok.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty sure I already know the answer, but did anyone bother with the MODOK book?
You know the answer, because I said I was gonna read it last month when I saw Gwenpool was gonna be on it!!!

It's good. It's ridiculous, absurd, and has great art. It's gonna be a fun ride.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sure I understand where you're coming from. Obviously I can't make anyone like anything, I'm just saying it's nice to have a big event storyline that's just fun. Like Justice League vs. Suicide Squad. That was a story that didn't go much of anywhere, it just existed. I miss when we had events like that, even if this lacks the high concepts of the 90s. I just enjoy DC having a storyline with the Justice League where we aren't redefining the canon for the 30th time.

I kinda wish we could've gotten something like the old 90's storylines where they had a theme month and we just got a bunch of annuals for December around that theme.
It's funny you mention JLvSS because I was thinking of that the entire time. Great example of a small non-linewide event (though it did change up some things like reintroducing some missing characters and such). This just didn't hit. But I'll read the next issue and see if that lands. I think it doesn't help that Porter doesn't seem to be as strong as he usually is.
OT worthy

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top Comic Book Runs 36-33

36. John Ostrander's Suicide Squad – 399 points (2 first place votes)

35. Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples' Saga – 402 points (3 first place votes)

34. Garth Ennis' Punisher - 405 points (4 first place votes)

33. Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man – 424 points (4 first place votes)

Suicide Squad was on my shortlist. Best 80s DC comic, free.

saga is really not coming back huh?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

33. Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man – 424 points (4 first place votes)

BELIEVE

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

I think I have to accept BPRD isn't going to make this list.
Its strangely underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.