• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Spicy takes in here tonight.
Walking through all this spicy nonsense:
tumblr_inline_orm32ieVbX1szd3e1_540.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn between reading all the comics I bought on CMX and to stop putting off Nausicaa.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
We need to be united over the holidays. No more taking sides, let's come together for the reason we originally formed. Our love of not reading comic books.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I am going to lose my mind. Watching Jingle All The Way and the Turbo Man art looks like MacFarlane or Jim Lee. Anyone know the actual artist?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, Wolverine fucked Squirrel Girl. Bendis.

..did I mention I'm glad he's not writing The Avengers anymore?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I got Manhattan Projects Vol 1 and Saga hardcover Vol 2 for Christmas.

Hey I'm interested in how digital artists like Fiona Staples and Mike Del Mundo work. What type of tablet/stylus is Del Mundo using here? And do they just use Photoshop?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I got Manhattan Projects Vol 1 and Saga hardcover Vol 2 for Christmas.

Hey I'm interested in how digital artists like Fiona Staples and Mike Del Mundo work. What type of tablet/stylus is Del Mundo using here? And do they just use Photoshop?

Looks like a generic touchscreen pen monitor. It doesn't look like a Wacom Cintiq, but there are monitors from other manufacturers like Huion and Ugee that do the same job.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, comic haters.

I hope you all get comics from someone you love, and I hope you read them, too.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
My comic-related Christmas haul:

31515993637_fa233dda55_b.jpg

I've brought up several times lately that I really want to read Abnett's Aquaman run, so I'm so happy my wife got me those. And Super Sons is simply gorgeous.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This pic I saw online had a easy to follow reading order as well, been thinking of going through the run myself sometime.

50zjLn3.jpg

Imagine reading through not only Bendis Avengers but also all the events, especially pure trash like Fear Itself. I put myself through that while reading JiM and the JiM issues are far and away the best part of FI. This is like a laundry list of nothing but a bad time. Also funny that the Siege list is missing the best issue (Siege: Loki)

Anyway, I love Slott/Allred Surfer so much

bmjNaWP.jpg

I have enjoyed every issue and every page so far.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine reading through not only Bendis Avengers but also all the events, especially pure trash like Fear Itself. I put myself through that while reading JiM and the JiM issues are far and away the best part of FI. This is like a laundry list of nothing but a bad time. Also funny that the Siege list is missing the best issue (Siege: Loki)

Anyway, I love Slott/Allred Surfer so much

bmjNaWP.jpg

I have enjoyed every issue and every page so far.

That Silver Surfer run was just too good for this world. I envy all y'all reading it for the first time in the omnibus because you don't have to deal with all the delays that hit at the end of the run.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That Silver Surfer run was just too good for this world. I envy all y'all reading it for the first time in the omnibus because you don't have to deal with all the delays that hit at the end of the run.
It has what I usually miss in Marvel cosmic stuff: focus on characters and not spectacle. And it's surprisingly funny. I love it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm late for hot takes but I still have one:

The Silver Surfer's board being called Toomie is dumb. It's stupid, and it was a bad joke when Slott first told it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
TMNT is a very good comic. With Transformers gone, this can do the job nicely. Too bad it doesn't still have its companion book.

Also, Klaus should be a series of films.

Status
Not open for further replies.