• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thicc thighs saves lives.
Screen_Shot_2020-04-28_at_12.21.48_PM.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel isn't publishing a lot of ongoings these days. Captain America doesn't even have an ongoing.
They are waiting until this current Captain America mini is over to announce the new book. The one where they are going around the world.

But im also curious if they are just going to go with the Captain America Iron Man book for Cap's book until they have a good book to announce lol. Mark Waid is going to DC so they cant get him to write more fill ins.

I bet itll be John Ridley and they will announce it after Black Panther is all settled in

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel isn't publishing a lot of ongoings these days. Captain America doesn't even have an ongoing.
I don't mind. DC is doing the same thing. Lets us get books on characters who can't carry an ongoing and we can get actual conclusions instead of rushed endings due to cancellations.

Cap not having one is weird, but I figure that Batman Inc thing for it will probably lead into something. Maybe. I don't read news.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emma always looks so damn bored in pinups.

Like not even regal disinterest, she just looks like you're making her miss an episode of Orange is the New Black.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emma's problem, at least to me, is that she is a character who only really works as a protagonist in the specific circumstance of Decimation-era X-Men.

It was a happy little accident that Emma was now the female lead of X-Men right before they got dumped into years of "doing tough things to survive", because now you had a character who could be as ruthless as possible in defense of a noble goal and never really have her actions questioned, because not doing this kinda fucked up violent thing right this second would spell the literal end of Mutantkind.

Emma Frost really can't work as a hero in an X-Men universe where things are mostly okay and progressing and the X-Men are making meaningful change every single day they go out and fight for a world that hates and fears them. This is fortunate, as X-Men hasn't been about that in like 16 years now.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still watching Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Why was Plastic Man never a bigger deal? He's essentially a cartoon character playing super hero. Feels like he should have been one of the biggest characters out there.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Emma's problem, at least to me, is that she is a character who only really works as a protagonist in the specific circumstance of Decimation-era X-Men.

It was a happy little accident that Emma was now the female lead of X-Men right before they got dumped into years of "doing tough things to survive", because now you had a character who could be as ruthless as possible in defense of a noble goal and never really have her actions questioned, because not doing this kinda fucked up violent thing right this second would spell the literal end of Mutantkind.

Emma Frost really can't work as a hero in an X-Men universe where things are mostly okay and progressing and the X-Men are making meaningful change every single day they go out and fight for a world that hates and fears them. This is fortunate, as X-Men hasn't been about that in like 16 years now.
I think Emma is a lot more adaptable a character than you think.
In more peaceful times she would happily work teaching younger mutants.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

Why was Plastic Man never a bigger deal? He's essentially a cartoon character playing super hero. Feels like he should have been one of the biggest characters out there.
Because DC rarely if ever push him in anything.
When was the last time he even had a comic?
The DCU is full of amazing characters that get ignored because they aren't Bat related.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Emma is a lot more adaptable a character than you think.
In more peaceful times she would happily work teaching younger mutants.
Yeah she did that in Generation X except nobody but me cared.

Emma Frost is a good person, at least nominally, nowadays. She's on the side of angels, but she will never be nice, she will never be merciful, and she will never be an outright hero, and that's not really a condemnation or anything, it's a fundamental building block to Emma's character and one that's been allowed to flourish as long as it has because the X-Men haven't been straight-up superheroes in like two decades.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she did that in Generation X except nobody but me cared.

Emma Frost is a good person, at least nominally, nowadays. She's on the side of angels, but she will never be nice, she will never be merciful, and she will never be an outright hero, and that's not really a condemnation or anything, it's a fundamental building block to Emma's character and one that's been allowed to flourish as long as it has because the X-Men haven't been straight-up superheroes in like two decades.
Emma always struck me as kinda the opposite to Professor X in a weird way.

They are both teachers, both can be ruthless and cunning and are obviously both powerful psychics.
But where as Emma is a good, caring, empathic person at heart, who hides behind an icy exterior, I don't believe Xavier is.

Xavier puts forward an image of respectful geniality, but I think he is selfish, manipulative and cruel. And seems lacking in empathy a lot of the time.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

They are both teachers, both can be ruthless and cunning and are obviously both powerful psychics.
But where as Emma is a good, caring, empathic person at heart, who hides behind an icy exterior, I don't believe Xavier is.

Xavier puts forward an image of respectful geniality, but I think he is selfish, manipulative and cruel. And seems lacking in empathy a lot of the time.
I definitely agree with this take. Even when she was doing some questionable stuff in the Claremont books with the Hellions it was basically just her trying to get one over on Xavier. This is why Emma is the best.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Xavier used to be a good, caring, empathic person not just on the surface but also at heart. He was the kindly mentor and father figure of the team, meaning he either had to die or turn evil.

So Mark Waid canonizes that he had the hots for Jean when was a teenager and then Joss Whedon revealed he enslaved the sentient Danger Room, and much like with Beast that just never went away and now he's like that.

May 24, 2019

He had a good push in the Morrison and Joe Kelly Justice League.
Read that Joe Kelly JLA if you haven't, y'all.

E9KUvPGUcA0wxQZ

I dont believe you IGN via EW!

The question's posed in the new trailer.

I hated that move omg

The Rider's better.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plastic Man really only lands for me in those "silly comedy character suddenly goes apeshit and you kind of realize they're always holding back" moments that are innately appealing to me.

I like the idea of a character, especially a superhero, who isn't just funny and charming and nice all the time but deliberately goes out of their way to do so, because they know what they can do when the chips are down, but more than just "psh I can take you my power level is over 9000" that manifests more like "wow I'm a fucking asshole, and literally nobody can stop me from abusing my power... better be a good person. That's who I want to be."

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I liked that part in Injustice where Plastic Man came by to tell everyone they were all being dumb fascist goobers

4q9nderyg9041.jpg

xEUadr.png

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So was Ewing only co-writing the first issue of Venom? I didn't see his name in the solicits for #2

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Whens that Y the last man show coming? That better be good. Im running out of fresh content.

The Outpost on the CW has to be good right!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So was Ewing only co-writing the first issue of Venom? I didn't see his name in the solicits for #2

He's listed in the actual story text. I guess he's plotting and Ram is writing.

• With Ram V and Al Ewing weaving a mind-bending story that will push Eddie and Dylan Brock to their limits, and Bryan Hitch doing some of the most action-packed work of his career, VENOM #2 will do all that AND MORE!
Or they just forgot to put him there

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I dont watch bad tv shows unless they are made by the CW. Although I might give Titans Season 3 a chance.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked that part in Injustice where Plastic Man came by to tell everyone they were all being dumb fascist goobers

4q9nderyg9041.jpg

xEUadr.png
This is a moment I wanted to bring up but doing so would acknowledge that Injustice had good writing for an entire issue.

Like, that's such a multifaceted use of Plastic Man.

- He's a goofball, but even he knows to take this seriously.

- He's kind of scuzzy, a bit of a deadbeat really, and then he just marches into a throne room full of superpowered gods and doesn't just make demands, he writes them in jokes while telling them to their faces that they've failed every ideal they once had.

- Plastic Man walks up to Tyrannical God King of Earth Superman and his private cadre of fascist douchebags and annoys the shit out of them, evades even the slightest consequence that they are helpless to dispense onto him, and then walks away not only succeeding at his goal of rescuing his son but then busting everyone else out too. I can't find the panel but he flips the camera off while doing this too.

And then of you get the bread and butter stuff like "oh so this guy can mold his body into anything... what would someone actually do with that?" and so he just immediately annihilates the motherfucking Flash with no effort, again, while calmly joking in a way that emphasizes he is absolutely not willing to fuck around even for a second and he could actually just crawl through your nose and yank your brain out if he felt like it, but he'll be nice and just asphyxiate you instead.

plastic-man-takes-out-the-flash-injustice-gods-among-us-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.