• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Japanese funny books, I started reading Blame. And while it is a manga of few words, oh boy does it have fantastic atmosphere and incredible backgrounds.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna expand on it because it's the topic of conversation...

Bleach was only ever truly great during the very early stuff. As soon as the Soul Society arc starts, you can start seeing the problems that'll eventually bring the series down. It's still good at that point, don't get me wrong - the wheels don't really come off until the Hueco Mundo/Fake Karakura Town stuff is almost over. But the issues begin mounting then and they just pile up over time. Tite Kubo should be an artist, not a writer, because he's so fucking stylish, but it's very apparent that the plot is just a thinly-constructed excuse to get you to the next Super Cool Moment with brand-new characters, none of whom really manage to get their due, because the cast is constantly expanding beyond the ability of anybody to control.

Also in the final arc Jesus is the bad guy but not in an interesting way. Which feels wrong.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna expand on it because it's the topic of conversation...

Bleach was only ever truly great during the very early stuff. As soon as the Soul Society arc starts, you can start seeing the problems that'll eventually bring the series down. It's still good at that point, don't get me wrong - the wheels don't really come off until the Hueco Mundo/Fake Karakura Town stuff is almost over. But the issues begin mounting then and they just pile up over time. Tite Kubo should be an artist, not a writer, because he's so fucking stylish, but it's very apparent that the plot is just a thinly-constructed excuse to get you to the next Super Cool Moment with brand-new characters, none of whom really manage to get their due, because the cast is constantly expanding beyond the ability of anybody to control.

Also in the final arc Jesus is the bad guy but not in an interesting way. Which feels wrong.
Kubo's art also went super downhill after the first couple of Bleach arcs.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That poll isn't which do you like most. It's which do you think I would enjoy most.
Which is Naruto. I swear lol. Especially the early stuff, before Shippuden, and then some of that early stuff too. Like all manga and anime that got super popular, it should have ended when the creator originally wanted it to, and suffered for running way too long.

Its got all characters and tropes Messi would enjoy, but with kids learning to become ninjas instead of superheroes or demon slaying samurai lol.

The chunin exams start in volume 4, that would be the point where you know if its for you for sure.

EDIT: Dragonball is great too, but I think its gunna be too old for Messi's tastes. Then I dunno enough about One Piece lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'd like Bleach... It has swords, but the characters look dumb. The main guy looks like older Hinata but not in a good way.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bleach is about swords that go Super Saiyan and that's a balling idea.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of how Raidou looks in SMTV. The new outfit looks too modern and official like.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I see none of the standin actors made it into Lost heaven. Not event the couple that killed each other over the diamonds that one season lol.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
New Poll: Which show to watch after Lost?
Alias
Under The Dome
Sleepy Hollow
Grimm
Grimm, it's dumb fun but pretty consistent. Alias is good for 1 1/2 seasons and then becomes boring and repetitive, Sleepy Hollow is good for one season, then falls off a cliff. Under the Dome was bad from start to fisnish.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I think you'd probably enjoy Bleach Messi, if not you can just waste your time hate reading it like most of the internet.

Speaking of Japanese funny books, I started reading Blame. And while it is a manga of few words, oh boy does it have fantastic atmosphere and incredible backgrounds.

Blame is so good. You should try Biomega after it, similar vibe and he kills the art but it goes of the deep end near the end. Still love it though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we're getting a JoJo part 9. You know what that means. It'll be the first JoJo part that started after 2012.

(JoJolion started in May 2011.)

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
yeah, co-signing the posts about the lack of excitement on aarons continuing avengers announcements - i don't get it, he's been so good on other books. how does a team led by black panther, living in a dead celestial, fighting vamps with blade etc not end up better than this?

Yea, theres another book coming after the wedding special. Im thinking Daredevils with both Matt and Elektra, or Matt dies and Elektra becomes Daredevil full time.

dd2019036_cov.jpg

damn - so glad chip isn't going anywhere, his run has been so consistently good that i'm nearly healed from soule's finale fuckery

But what about Scarlet? 😭

It's strange to see Dark Horse acquiring comic licenses instead of losing them.

cover was good (ill go for anything david mack penciled) but scarlet really shined for me, and its crazy timely there days so it's weird seeing it so downplayed

Happy to (try to) help!
Here's what I found about the upcoming Tab S8 Ultra. It's even bigger than I thought, but it will be pricy:
www.androidcentral.com

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8: Your complete buyer's guide

Choose between the portable-but-powerful Tab S8, the laptop-replacing Tab S8 Ultra, or the just-right middle child Tab S8+.

The supposed Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra could have an intriguing design: a 14.6-inch frame measuring just 5.5 inches thick and weighing 650g. But, most exciting, it may have a 92% screen-to-body ratio with truly tiny bezels, something you'd typically only see on a much-smaller smartphone

I use a Tab S7+ and it weighs about 570 grams. I personally find that fine for comics. Whether 14% more weight will make it difficult is hard to say, but I think I'd be OK with it. The iPad Pro 12.9 is 631 grams and some people are OK with it while several aren't, so that may be a problem for some.

legit cannot wait to see a demo of this somewhere when its out. you were spot-on about the crisp colors of this current tablet, dying to see the image quality here

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the way Superman & the Authority ties into Action Comics is literally this introduces all the characters and the team so we don't have to spend that time in AC. Good shit, the living internet could have been super cringe in the hands of a lesser writer but it was pretty funny.

The most low-key Flash issue yet, I'm pretty sure the artist must have never seen barbecue in their life though because what the fuck was that? The cross-book promotion was a bit blatant but I like myself some tighter book continuity, please give me a yellow lantern Jess mini or something though so I can easily drop Green Lantern.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The Flash #773

You have no idea how happy I am to have Wally back and in a Flash costume that doesn't have horrible yellow squiggles drawn all over it.
Good issue. Some good solid classic Flash vs his Rogues fun.

pGnbNgO.png

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Achilles Shieldmaidens prologue has 395k views on deviantart. Its his 3rd most popular series haha

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017

Achilles Shieldmaidens prologue has 395k views on deviantart. Its his 3rd most popular series haha

No wonder it looks so cool, every time i see him post stuff about it on twitter i hit the like button. As soon as it hits paperback i'll be buying it. He always surprises me with his designs but the mechs look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.