• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He already suffered through Goodnight Punpun and barely recovered.

I assume he read Look Back by Fujimoto? It's pretty new and made a lot of waves for how hard it hits, emotionally.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer isn't that heavy. It's set in the modern day and an evil wizard is going to destroy the world and so seven knights are chosen to protect the princess and defeat the wizard. Sounds generic enough, right? Except Samidere, the princess, is more powerful than any of the Knights and fully intends to defeat the wizard because she wants to destroy the world herself.

It's a short manga but the characters are so deep and well realised that you'll fall in love with them all, and Samidere is easily one of the best protagonists in any manga.

Shin Angyo Onshi is a little more complicated to describe but it's best to read without knowing too much going in anyway. It hits a lot harder than Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer because, unlike that one, it isn't an inherently optimistic story about friends overcoming so much together. Quite the opposite in fact. Everything is fucked and all you can do is unfuck what little you can so the world is a little bit better than when you found it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on Goodnight Punpun. Ain't nobody needs that depressing shite.
Real world is depressing enough.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I've tried reading One Piece probably 5-6 times now. I think I made it to chapter 250 last time but I can't get motivated to continue, it's just too damn long.

May 24, 2019
Watching Eva 4 and it's gone all cute calm slice of life. Maybe Messi should get into NGE to get up to this point and then switch off before bad things start to happen again.

edit: Or he could just watch this one where the previous nasty stuff is contained in a recap and enjoy these first 40 mins or so of clone girl discovering what babies and cats are.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Naruto is the real answer, especially for Messi. Dragonball is awesome too ofc.

Dune Book 4 is called God Emperor Dune, and its about a dude wearing Worm skin

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried reading One Piece probably 5-6 times now. I think I made it to chapter 250 last time but I can't get motivated to continue, it's just too damn long.

I just don't get this... If its enjoyable the length is a positive for me. I've no need to rush but it's cool knowing there is more.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece is maybe the best series I read that's somehow still super overrated. It does some things really well but others... not so much.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting the poll results to be so close??

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
May 24, 2019
I watched some Evangelion, here are my thoughts.

Just sayin there's an hour of cute sweet village living movie you can watch here between the robot fights.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
FCBD reminds me that my LCS is literally a minute away from my apartment. Also saw a dude picking up his pull list while I was there. So that's what it's like...

FCBD Spider-Man was whatever but Venom, even more of a must-read than it already was. Looks like we're getting a split between Dylan on Earth and full on cosmic Venom in space. I might be wrong with who it is but it looks like Kraven's daughter is getting her own symbiote/anti-symbiote suit. Which I guess is why Spencer just randomly brought her back in Sinister War.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
When does Death's Gambit Afterlife release on Switch? Thought it was today, but maybe tomorrow in the US?

Really starting to lose any excitement I might have had slogging through the final season of Lost. Every flash-sideways is like a bad reminder this show isnt going to end the way you want it too lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2021 | Freeza get in the Substack!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So what do yall think Marvel is going to do with Peter Parker Spider-Man after this Ben Spider-Man Beyond stuff? Do they marry Pete and MJ, and then go back to the normal status quo, and Ben just goes back to being Scarlet Spider.

I would like them to have Peter and MJ marry, and then do like a Spider-family team thing with Peter in a leadership role. Use whatever the Beyond corp sets up for Ben and share it with all the Spider people. Then they can do like a Tynion tec thing with all the Spiders in one book, and another book just with Peter and MJ.

Did it tease him moving from Red Batman to the real deal?
Basically all the street level heroes dead due to something that has to do with Fisk and Matt

daredevil.jpg

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I was at the comic book store today participating in the free comic book day and picking up a few issues of some of the books I've started reading. I started collecting TWD Deluxe since I pretty much missed out on the original run like a fool. I got to talking with one of the owners and she was telling me that the new Deluxe series (at least at their store) had lost some steam and they are thinking that it's possible that Image/Kirkman may not even finish out the Deluxe series. Do you guys think this may go the way of the Weekly series which I think ended around issue #52?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I just finished Eva 3.0+1.0 and I really liked it even if I don't understand most of what I just watched lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they continue the Walking Dead Deluxe series. Even if they stop doing single issues, I just want the series collected in color.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got to talking with one of the owners and she was telling me that the new Deluxe series (at least at their store) had lost some steam and they are thinking that it's possible that Image/Kirkman may not even finish out the Deluxe series. Do you guys think this may go the way of the Weekly series which I think ended around issue #52?
I doubt they'll leave it unfinished. Last I heard, Dave McCaig (as of mid-April) was starting work on coloring issue #100. He's way ahead and more than halfway done with the book. They'll finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.