• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The art in giant-size fantomex fits the story really well. The colours and panelling in the hellfire splash page is just perfect. Hickman managed to string together Fantomex's greatest hits perfectly, and honestly I am loving the nostalgic callbacks to Morrison's X-men. Definitely the best Giant-size yet, can't wait to see the followup to this

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The art in giant-size fantomex fits the story really well. The colours and panelling in the hellfire splash page is just perfect. Hickman managed to string together Fantomex's greatest hits perfectly, and honestly I am loving the nostalgic callbacks to Morrison's X-men. Definitely the best Giant-size yet, can't wait to see the followup to this
This next on my list to read.
So glad it sounds so good.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just started The Boys

Would this be the eventual late-stage of the Superhuman Registration Act? The government outsources superhero registration to private companies who turn it into a business, incidentally using their business clout to stifle any and all potential lawsuits and making the act entirely useless as a result?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't Emma go crazy and kill a bunch of Inhumans? And then was going to do ...something with kid Cyclops? Not that I'm complaining they've ignored all that.
She tried to at the end of IvX. She basically hijacked Magneto and tried to used a bunch of rewired Sentinels to kill Inhumans. She escaped with the help of Havok. She also became obsessed with O5 Cyclops as a "replacement" for adult Scott and he was very...uncomfortable, to say the least.

Emma post-IvX took over the Hellfire Club as Black King also.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Rich Johnson's 5G sounded fine to me. Not that we can ever know what it was or may still be.

This week´s Comics Conspiracy podcast had a talk about pricing and scalping in today´s comics. DC seems to be worse, it least in my eyes, when it comes to spoiling the next big event with the exact pages before the issues ship. End of the book pages. Damian´s death comes to mind so this goes back a decade. They not only do it for the clicks but to also to get all the scalpers lined up. Hello, hot new character find of 2020 Punchline.
This week´s Dark Nights: Death Metal: Legends of the Dark Knights is now a 200+ $ book on eBay for the 1:25 cover. The regular cover goes for just 50$. A steal.
The baby is the only new character introduced from the top of my head. A vivisected corpse in the main book gets an origin within! Watchmen pseudo connection or not, this is useless. Especially if you already read last week´s book. We may be about to reach some sort of boiling point if a day old comic with a huge print run, that also has a close to sold out 2nd print run that has yet to be printed, can´t be bought in shops on the week of release.
COVID19, please stop this. You have the power to trash all stonk, so trash the scaper market while you are at it. I lived through the comic crash of the 90s. Once was enough.

Edit: Sorry, I am Gotham Batman is also new to this book. I think? Or is this the origin of the castle where TBWL resides. What even am I reading? He is no Danny the Street. I´ll tell you that but its always nice to know that Damian is doomed in every canon. Even cartoons. I love you, my sweet prince. Best Robin ever.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Wait no, not kid clops. Other kid. It's one of the clearly not legals.
I've always had questions about that, because then it raises the question about Laura's age. She had a relationship with O5 Warren, but yet she's treated like very much an 18 year old adult at minimum, so how old were either of them during that time?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I've always had questions about that, because then it raises the question about Laura's age. She had a relationship with O5 Warren, but yet she's treated like very much an 18 year old adult at minimum, so how old were either of them during that time?
shut up, that's what.

Everybody younger than the New Mutants is in the nebulous age of TEEN

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I've always assumed Laura is in that nebulous 17-19 age range, while the O5 were like... 16-18. Bobby maybe being closer to 15. So not too bad a gap.

Not as bad as the Miles/Spider-Gwen pairing where Gwen is clearly supposed to be, like, early 20s young adult.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Laura age is whatever marvel feels like her age should be at a given time

I feel like at one time she switched from being a young teen to a young adult as wolverine overnight while the rest of the kid xmen are still kids even though they were the same age

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I've always assumed Laura is in that nebulous 17-19 age range, while the O5 were like... 16-18. Bobby maybe being closer to 15. So not too bad a gap.

Not as bad as the Miles/Spider-Gwen pairing where Gwen is clearly supposed to be, like, early 20s young adult.
I think Gwen was supposed to be 18 but still weird

For some reason gwenpool had a crush on miles for a while when she's supposed to be like 19

Marvel fucking weird about miles and and adult women

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Harley got better like one issue later.
The new hotness has always got to dunk on the old hotness to show her power level.
She also got the better of Batman in a really dumb scene.
I don't care if the damage didn't stuck. Harley's my problematic fave, mainly due to how damn capable she is when she's not attached to Joker.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The sources for Grant´s ideas are always fascinating. Especially as me and him like and know of the same things despite him being 4 years older than my mother.
I even read Robin Dies at Dawn before he "remade" it. That purple robot made sense to me and like 3 other people in publication day. Lol. The real Fantomex origin:
giphy.gif

New X-men is the 2nd best X-men run after Chris Claremont´s 80s one. A shame that Marvel and he never patched things up. Zero of the people who he had problems with back then work there now. Fun fact. One of the Igor Kordej issues of New X-men was drawn in only a week. And it shows.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think Gwen was supposed to be 18 but still weird

For some reason gwenpool had a crush on miles for a while when she's supposed to be like 19

Marvel fucking weird about miles and and adult women
That's retconning.

It's very obvious from early Spider-Gwen that she's like 21. Like they make it clear that she treated High School like a distant memory

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Punchline is a bit dumb, but I like giving Joker a second in command again he can rapport with.
I hope she sticks around with the Joker after this story is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.