• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition Omnibus
Avengers: The Gathering Omnibus
Iron Man by Dan Slott Omnibus
The Defenders Omnibus Vol. 1
Empyre Omnibus (including unfinished material)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra Omnibus Vol. 1
All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor Omnibus
All-New Wolverine, Slott Iron Man, and Empyre (including the unfinished work?) is shit I am all in for. Question is whether or not the Slott Iron Man will include the 2020 Iron Man (not the whole 2020 event obviously)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The show Luther is much more like Hannibal than I remembered. The stuff with Alice is also the best parts of the show.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of omnibuses I'm kinda pissed off as I had the reprint of Uncanny X-men vol 1 preordered for ages. When it came time to release I found out the place I ordered it from had been short supplied on it and had none to send.
Now it looks like its sold out everywhere and I will never get one.
Sucks to be me I guess.
This happened to me with Remender's Uncanny X-Force. It's not available anywhere here now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
how was His Dark Materials? I remember people being pretty down on it at first?

Shame Luther went downhill
I still haven't seen the 5th season. Tried it when it first aired but couldn't finish the first episode lol. Was hoping i would be more in the mood after rewatching the entire series.

Was it that bad?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday Freezasaurus! Birthdays are weird this year.
Thanks! Everything is weird this year.
Happy Birthday! May all your comics be filled with post-2012 art only!
I hope you have a great birthday Freezasaurus.
Happy birthday Freeza. May your A/C run uninterrupted forever.
Thanks guys!

Now how many of these are they going to cancel? All-New Wolverine and Doctor Aphra got my attention, though.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Sin Eater prelude was good

how was His Dark Materials? I remember people being pretty down on it at first?

I still haven't seen the 5th season. Tried it when it first aired but couldn't finish the first episode lol. Was hoping i would be more in the mood after rewatching the entire series.

Was it that bad?
It was pretty shit, yeah

I have zero interest in this film that Idris Elba is desperate to make happen neither

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
I just watched all of Arkham City's cutscenes on Youtube. What a fucking game honestly. Vivdly remember that after Arkham Asylum blowing me away by surprise, I was so hyped for this game. I was really anxious because although AA was superb, I thought it might be a fluke and maybe Rocksteady won't be able to reach those heights again. Oh my god I was sooo wrong to even have the slightest doubt.

Sin Eater prelude was good

I really loved that issue. Read it yesterday. It was essentially a horror book. That reinsertion of that classic page of Sin-Eater was also so tasteful.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched all of Arkham City's cutscenes on Youtube. What a fucking game honestly. Vivdly remember that after Arkham Asylum blowing me away by surprise, I was so hyped for this game. I was really anxious because although AA was superb, I thought it might be a fluke and maybe Rocksteady won't be able to reach those heights again.

I don't think you get the same experience YT'ing a game as you do playing it.

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
I don't know if I'd put Arkham City over the first game, but I did appreciate the more open world. They were both much better than Arkham Knight, that's for certain.
The first game is always the best one for me but Arkham City is a worthy successor. The only issue I had with the game was that the open-world setting was a bit not open-world. It was filled with thugs only.At least with AC I can understand, but Gotham in Arkham Knight should have been full of people.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Angela had jumped over to Marvel from Spawn

I'm reading Asgardians of the Galaxy and I quite like it. Would be cool to see this group on screen.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just cracked open the Final Crisis Omnibus. It's a big boi!

That thing was such a pain in the ass to read, but I couldn't resist buying it. As I've said in these threads a few times, Final Crisis is my favorite comic event of all time, and I own it in pretty much every format it's been released in.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a cop show about cops who dont have guns is so weird to think about. I hope they at least teach them kung fu or something lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC Gaiman was pissed that McFarlane didnt pay for the rights to use her or something, and after the court case she went to Marvel.

Dumbest thing I ever did was buy the issue with her first appearance in Spawn thinking it would be worth more than the $10 I spent on it. Oh the days of floppies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC Gaiman was pissed that McFarlane didnt pay for the rights to use her or something, and after the court case she went to Marvel.

Dumbest thing I ever did was buy the issue with her first appearance in Spawn thinking it would be worth. Oh the days of floppies.
It was you that almost made Marvel go bankrupt in the 90s!
All those glossy, foil, super collectable covers that will definately be worth a fortune in a few years.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Also happy birthday!
Thank you!

Dumbest thing I ever did was buy the issue with her first appearance in Spawn thinking it would be worth more than the $10 I spent on it. Oh the days of floppies.
Wasn't there some thing where Angela issues couldn't be reprinted in those Spawn Origins TPBs?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Spy x Family (I assume the x is silent like Hunter x Hunter)
I know its a comedy but it was goddamn frightening how he just walked into an orphanage and out with a kid.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me with Remender's Uncanny X-Force. It's not available anywhere here now.
I know its not ideal, but Amazon in the US still has them in stock. It looks like they have plenty atm, so hopefully IST will get more in stock eventually.

Speaking of, I think im going to start getting rid of the omnis I own that I know I probably wont read again. Hickman's Avengers is pretty close to the top of my list to part ways with. I just dont know if im ready to deal with the hassle of trying to sell them on eBay lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Angela is slowly getting in the other stuff but was retconned in Thor Ragranok and merged her story with Hela.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm sure. So far its pretty good. I'm interested to see where it goes.
42iGVHa.png

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I feel like I need to read Remender's UXF again.

I'll probably get to it again. I'm currently in the middle of Mike Carey's X-Men run and it's crazy how a run can be so under-appreciated and yet so influential. He laid so much of the foundation that Hickman is drawing from.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I know its not ideal, but Amazon in the US still has them in stock. It looks like they have plenty atm, so hopefully IST will get more in stock eventually.

Speaking of, I think im going to start getting rid of the omnis I own that I know I probably wont read again. Hickman's Avengers is pretty close to the top of my list to part ways with. I just dont know if im ready to deal with the hassle of trying to sell them on eBay lol.
I'd be importing it from the UK and I've heard how carefully Amazon US package their books haha. Hopefully they print more at some point.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

I'll probably get to it again. I'm currently in the middle of Mike Carey's X-Men run and it's crazy how a run can be so under-appreciated and yet so influential. He laid so much of the foundation that Hickman is drawing from.
Do you happen to have a reading order for Carey's X-men?
I know he wrote for a long time over several different titles.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
lol, Brevoort re-published one of his old blog posts.

tombrevoort.com

Blah Blah Blog – Short-Sighted

A post from my vintage Marvel blog about the selling behaviors of certain comic book shops. Short-Sighted April 28, 2007 | 1:00 AM | By Tom_Brevoort | In General Let me start off by making it perfe…

This was all brought to mind by an anecdote I read somewhere online. The poster in question had witnessed the following behavior at his local comic shop: a customer was buying an issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and the guy behind the counter openly mocked him for it, telling him that he'd given himself AIDS simply by looking at it, so terrible was it.

Now, I certainly don't have a problem with somebody expressing their opinion. But in this case, I really have to question the logic of it. The store in question bought their copies of AMAZING on a non-returnable basis; they paid for them, and that money is still going to be gone whether or not the books fly off the shelves. So actively berating a customer for buying a item that you've already sunk money into is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
lol, Brevoort re-published one of his old blog posts.

tombrevoort.com

Blah Blah Blog – Short-Sighted

A post from my vintage Marvel blog about the selling behaviors of certain comic book shops. Short-Sighted April 28, 2007 | 1:00 AM | By Tom_Brevoort | In General Let me start off by making it perfe…
Is he saying the person working at the store said that to a customer?? WTF?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

Carey is one of the most underrated X-Men writers ever. Hickman even mentioned in an interview he was a big influence.

as far as reading order, I think Supernovas is first but beyond that I have no clue. It turns into X-Men Legacy at some point I think and that's what has Age of X which is an amazing alt future Legion story.

Status
Not open for further replies.