• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
So I decided to read V for Vendetta and on this read I really appreciated it's use of colour more. Crazy to think it was originally in black and white as the colours work so well to build atmosphere and tone, and it also makes the actual black and white pages so much more striking
v_for_vendetta228elkvv.jpg
v_for_vendetta182jvkfw.jpg

This B&W page was especially striking
v_for_vendetta185qtkgl.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to read the first issue of Harleys digital series Black White and Red, first issue is a lovely epilogue to Harleen.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to read V for Vendetta and on this read I really appreciated it's use of colour more. Crazy to think it was originally in black and white as the colours work so well to build atmosphere and tone, and it also makes the actual black and white pages so much more striking
v_for_vendetta228elkvv.jpg
v_for_vendetta182jvkfw.jpg

This B&W page was especially striking
v_for_vendetta185qtkgl.jpg

Yea it's a prescient read. Read it and watched the film for comparison for the first time myself a couple months back.

Alan Moore was absolutely correct that the film changes practically altered some of the soul and message of the comic, but I did enjoy at least seeing a few notable scenes translated pretty well to screen(and scoffed at so much being unrecognizably altered).

Could not believe the early train kidnapping sequence was removed too. That sequence was practically devised as a storyboard for a live action re-telling. Just beautifully drawn and handled.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long time since I've posted in one of these threads, but I recently bought an iPad Pro and I'm keen to revisit comics again.

Can anyone speak for the TMNT IDW Collections? I have the first 37 or so issues from the Cityfall Kickstarter, but I noticed the IDW Collections have everything including the one-shots and spin-offs in reading order. I don't mind rebuying the issues I already have if the IDW Collections are the best way to experience TMNT.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long time since I've posted in one of these threads, but I recently bought an iPad Pro and I'm keen to revisit comics again.

Can anyone speak for the TMNT IDW Collections? I have the first 37 or so issues from the Cityfall Kickstarter, but I noticed the IDW Collections have everything including the one-shots and spin-offs in reading order. I don't mind rebuying the issues I already have if the IDW Collections are the best way to experience TMNT.
I can speak to them. They are great honestly. Attractive and convient hardcover collections of everything. They are easy to read and look nice on the shelf. No downsides I can think of.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
no more reprints for now please. Uncollected-in-hardcover material only!

So basically Knull-ibus!

Jason Aaron Thor has to be one of them.

Probably not yet as it appears he knew of these announcements when discussing the Thor vol. 4 OHC releasing next week in a different recent video. His tone seemed to indicate an Aaron Thor Omni is still not in the cards yet and the OHC's are all we have for now. Doubtful he would say that only for Marvel to surprise us a couple days later.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not yet as it appears he knew of these announcements when discussing the Thor vol. 4 OHC releasing next week in a different recent video. His tone seemed to indicate an Aaron Thor Omni is still not in the cards yet and the OHC's are all we have for now. Doubtful he would say that only for Marvel to surprise us a couple days later.
I will continue to wait then. I know as soon as I pull the trigger on the trades they will announce omnibuses. They won't get me dammit.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition Omnibus
Avengers: The Gathering Omnibus
Iron Man by Dan Slott Omnibus
The Defenders Omnibus Vol. 1
Empyre Omnibus (including unfinished material)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra Omnibus Vol. 1
All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor Omnibus

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

On the video: "If you could, please wait 24 hours before you share the books announced to give us time for people to check out the video." But Gem Mint will probably have a video show up like 30 minutes later with the same information, lol. Although not that I would know, since I unsubbed from his channel.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The only one that interests me is the All New Wolverine, I havent read it, but people say its highly rated.
I assume the Empyre one will have all those tie ins that never saw print.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Rather uninteresting if that's all the new releases next year.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty meh announcements for me. MAYBE interested in All-New Wolverine omni, but that's about it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

All New Wolverine....Woah

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping for a Dawn of X Omnibus. :(

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of omnibuses I'm kinda pissed off as I had the reprint of Uncanny X-men vol 1 preordered for ages. When it came time to release I found out the place I ordered it from had been short supplied on it and had none to send.
Now it looks like its sold out everywhere and I will never get one.
Sucks to be me I guess.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Speaking of omnibuses I'm kinda pissed off as I had the reprint of Uncanny X-men vol 1 preordered for ages. When it came time to release I found out the place I ordered it from had been short supplied on it and had none to send.
Now it looks like its sold out everywhere and I will never get one.
Sucks to be me I guess.

They'll bring it back. They have three editions for it so far.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All-New Wolverine is great, Defenders getting the omnibus treatment is cool, Empyre might end up being worthy a buy... so that's a few on my radar.

Really surprised on the turnaround for Slott's Iron Man, though - doesn't feel like something that was big enough to warrant that. And I assume it'll contain Iron Man 2020, too, and the final issue there isn't even out yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.