• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
cUi0Anq.jpg

Almost done with this volume, one of my favorites so far. I love learning so much about Otan and Kadode's relationship.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Cates would be like The Other is actually the harbinger of new villain The Ominously Ultimate Darkness and the Inheritors are its pawns. To be told across 3 yearly semi-wideline events.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Cates would be like The Other is actually the harbinger of new villain The Ominously Ultimate Darkness and the Inheritors are its pawns. To be told across 3 yearly semi-wideline events.
I feel like the totem stuff has been tapped dry after the Spider-Verse books.

On the other hand Spider-Totem stuff means they would have to bring Kaine back in a big role...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
cUi0Anq.jpg

Almost done with this volume, one of my favorites so far. I love learning so much about Otan and Kadode's relationship.

You are doing this intentionally aren't you... Where is my copy

d9flf4r-68ea92e1-ee56-45eb-afdc-bb9b2658f7b8.gif

... I... I just want to know more about them :(. It's been 2 months.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? The site that I use for tracking that stuff says that's the volume he's currently on
According to wiki it came out in December.

VudjMKO.png

Amazon has a volume 9 coming out in September in France with this cover:

KybC367.jpg

[edit]

dgXKEDz.png

Looks like the delay on that one is gonna be much longer since we're caught up with the current releases. I guess I just got used to getting a new volume every couple of months.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm too down to read Inio Asano comics right now.

Like Messi and Punpun.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Like Messi and Punpun.

If he kills Ontan or Makoto I'm probably done with Asano books. That'd just be him being a real asshole. Tbh most of the main kids dying would affect me badly. But those two mostly.

Ontans got that Bakugo energy I appreciate

0ab.png

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Like Messi and Punpun.
You know, with everything that has been going on in the world and some personal stuff in real life, I've just been really down for the last couple of months. Something that I've noticed is that I'm avoiding any cheerful content right now. Like all the movies that I've watched recently were Martyr, City of God, In The Bedroom, A History of Violence and The Nightingale. I remember listening to an episode of Reply All where they spoke to a lady who used to be really depressed when she was young and talked about how she only listened to depressing music and generally gravitated to depressing things, which feels like what I'm doing right now.

That is to say, anything Inio Asano is perfect for me right now. Granted, Dead Dead Demons is really cheerful early on and then gets more melancholy but it never reaches Pun Pun levels.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, with everything that has been going on in the world and some personal stuff in real life, I've just been really down for the last couple of months. Something that I've noticed is that I'm avoiding any cheerful content right now. Like all the movies that I've watched recently were Martyr, City of God, In The Bedroom, A History of Violence and The Nightingale. I remember listening to an episode of Reply All where they spoke to a lady who used to be really depressed when she was young and talked about how she only listened to depressing music and generally gravitated to depressing things, which feels like what I'm doing right now.

That is to say, anything Inio Asano is perfect for me right now. Granted, Dead Dead Demons is really cheerful early on and then gets more melancholy but it never reaches Pun Pun levels.

Yeah, I know that feel. Sometimes being in A Mood is the perfect time for media to reach into that dark place.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

If you ever want to get out of that mood watch A Place further than the universe. I rewatched it this week and its still perfect.

Also he hasn't gotten there... Yet. But stuff under the surface is bubbling and some stuff the army are doing is so fucked.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEZA
You have some of the most reasonable cape opinions in this group
and nothin else but at least it's something

May 24, 2019
Here's a list for your birthday, Freezie:

Alien: The Original Screenplay #1
Batman #96
Death Metal: Legends Of The Dark Knights #1
The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1
Empyre #4
Empyre: X-Men #2
Far Sector #7
Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex #1
Justice League #50
Strange Adventures #4
Young Justice #17

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
List:

Fantastic Four #22
Sex Criminals #30
Strange Adventures #4
Black Cat #12
Far Sector #7
Usagi Yojimbo #11
Lumberjane- Farewell to Summer

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Cool thanks I'll check them out.
I want to check out many of these as well. I've read several Palmiottit and Conners issues and hated them. Definitely interested in reading more of her books though as I absolutely love the show. I hope we get confirmation of season 3 this month.
I second Messi's recommendation of Harleen and Gotham Sirens Volume 1 (and only Volume 1), as well as Harley Quinn Breaking Glass.
I dunno if its the translation from Japanese to English, or if the translator just threw his own spin on it, but some of the accents in Hellsing are rough lol. Think im on the second or third volume, where you are first introduced to the Vatican, and man I can barely make out what they are saying half the time. Sometimes ill realize what was said a page or two later lol. Like, I get it, they are Irish or Italian, or whatever. I just want to know whats going on.
Just watch the Hellsing Ultimate English dub. It's phenomenal.
Worst take not on this forum
My birthday starts in 25 minutes. Pls schedule your birthday wishes accordingly.
tumblr_pm3uvioFoF1sivrkyo1_540.gifv

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Did you buy the Deluxe Volume 1 Hardcover Hellsing version?

Many translators throughout the years have given Anderson their own take on his accent. I've seen a few different ones in the last two decades or so. The Hardcover version might take a moment or two to figure out what he's saying at times but it's usually easy enough to sort it out.
Anderson will always and forever sound like Norio Wakamoto.
Aaaaaaayyymeeeeehhhn!
My birthday starts in 25 minutes. Pls schedule your birthday wishes accordingly.
Happy birthday dude.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the rules. Happy birthday Freezasaurus you wonderful dude. Hope you have a great day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEZA
You have some of the most reasonable cape opinions in this group
and nothin else but at least it's something
Happy birthday Freezasaurus
Don't waste it reading comics ;)
Happy birthday Freezasaurus! 🎂 Have a great day and definitely don't spend it reading comics. :p
Anderson will always and forever sound like Norio Wakamoto.
Aaaaaaayyymeeeeehhhn!

Happy birthday dude.
Thanks guys! 🎂 🥳
Here's a list for your birthday, Freezie:

Alien: The Original Screenplay #1
Batman #96
Death Metal: Legends Of The Dark Knights #1
The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1
Empyre #4
Empyre: X-Men #2
Far Sector #7
Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex #1
Justice League #50
Strange Adventures #4
Young Justice #17
Thanks?
Happy birthday, Freeza! 🥳🥳🥳🎊🎊🎉🎊

Are you doing anything special??
Trying not to get COVID is #1 on the list.

Probably having a very small family thing.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
what the fuck is this take, #3 is probably the best issue yet, if only because it finally surfaces the big idea of the miniseries, which is about the competing expectations various people have of the people in power? it's not bold enough for my tastes, but, it's got more focus than the previous two issues

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you have a really great day. Let's pretend that I sent you your birthday present early a few months ago.
Wow! You shouldn't have, Doggo-san! 😂

I bought myself a few goodies. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch, and a couple of the Vampire: The Masquerade books. I love that lore. I started playing Coteries of New York and am way into it (I know full well Bloodlines 2 ain't making 2020). I also ordered the Orange/Purple Switch joycons now that Amazon is finally accepting orders on them again, even though the in stock date isn't until September 2nd. Those shits have been sold out forever.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

I bought myself a few goodies. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch, and a couple of the Vampire: The Masquerade books. I love that lore. I started playing Coteries of New York and am way into it (I know full well Bloodlines 2 ain't making 2020). I also ordered the Orange/Purple Switch joycons now that Amazon is finally accepting orders on them again, even though the in stock date isn't until September 2nd. Those shits have been sold out forever.
Glad you're finding a way to celebrate during hellyear!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You know it's funny how much shit we give for Geoff Johns' obsession with "7 of something" (the man must have loved At World's End) and how much we nitpicked Snyder for his "secret forces of the DCU" concept, but Jason Aaron has been doing the "primordial forces" of the Marvel universe for years now.

Eye of Aggamotto
The Spirit of Vengeance
Mjolnir
The Iron Fist
The Panther God
I assume based on the BC Avengers and his Thor run:

The Phoenix
Starbrand

Though the Khonshu worshippers claim they have all of them except the Panther, yet Moon Knight says he didn't give him all the powers and shows he kept the Spirit of Vengeance.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

Ooo, what books? :)

Totally forgot Coteries of New York was a thing, and actually, I believe another one is coming? I guess these will do while Bloodlines 2 gets delayed again.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Harleen and jumped straight into Harley Quinn on HBO lol. Loved the art but god damn that was one helluva a read. Bats is all of us wondering how she fell into this and wanting to help find her way out.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ooo, what books? :)

Totally forgot Coteries of New York was a thing, and actually, I believe another one is coming? I guess these will do while Bloodlines 2 gets delayed again.
I'm interested in reading the lore and stuff so I bought the main V:tM 5th edition book and the Camarilla book. I'll probably check out the novels too, as they're all available digitally.

And yeah, the follow-up to Coteries is Shadows of New York, which is getting a console port this year.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I'm interested in reading the lore and stuff so I bought the main V:tM 5th edition book and the Camarilla book. I'll probably check out the novels too, as they're all available digitally.

And yeah, the follow-up to Coteries is Shadows of New York, which is getting a console port this year.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't actually play the game, but would totally check out the core book for the lore.

Also I guess there is even another game called Swansong that is coming out. Where did all of these vampire games pop up from? XD Hell, there are two Werewolf games coming out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.