• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely agree. Dr Stone is an example of a series that is worse in anime form by multiple degrees. It's unfair to expect animators to beat Boichi.
For me, the big one will always be Full Metal Alchemist. Because even when a studio gets to go back and give it a second shot, it's still inferior to the original. You've gotta go all out or have a pretty sketchy looking source material (or both, like Demon Slayer or to a lesser extent JJK) to pass it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when MHA was dying...

skiXbbb.jpg

That Mirko bump...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
X of Sword is a weird ass book.
They spent a bunch of issues showing us how each member gets their sword, showing us the stakes for not only the world but for each Mutant. We're told that dying in Otherword means that they can't be brought back and that they'll be fighting damn near gods. Shit is dramatic as hell!l

Then the actual constant starts and it becomes silly as hell. The swords aren't used for the most part, most of the constants have nothing to do with fighting, hell, there's a page where each panel shows an entire constant. Right now the X-Men are losing by about 9 points and not one person has brought up the fact that it looks like they're gonna lose, which means the end of the world. Not just that but mofo are dropping quips.

Crazy ass tonal shift.
Yea I was kinda disappointed with the tonal shift. Like X of Swords was fun for sure. But the first half and all the lead up to the actual tournament was so much more interesting than the actual tourney, until like the last 2 issues lol.

I dunno. I think like every time people talk about X events, they always talk about how the stakes keep increasing. Which im sure the writers too into account and tried to course correct by deceiving expectations or whatever lol. But X of Swords was so cool, even without the massive stakes. At least until they switched the tone.

The Hellfire Gala is where I expect that sort of tonal shift. I wish they had just saved it for that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Otto just keeps getting better and better with these.
How is Otto not on a Birds book with Simone but they let Palmiotti and Conner do one. How. Just silly.
Well, Conner and Palmiotti are co-creators of Harley Quinn, you know. I don't know if Otto is as big a name yet.
The Easter bunny is here

I really do wonder how much time you spend diving in comic artist social media accounts.
Okay, now there's an open invite in the manga thread. I declined taking over the manga OT because I didn't want to push Messi's and my fight for comic dominion into all-out war. But actually, I get stressed too easily and don't want to spend more time online.
Too much work for zero pay. No thanks.
Hey, so Aurica asked this morning what the deal was with Brandon Graham. So I went searching for source information and discovered that it appears Graham's lawyer very recently has been threatening lawsuits against websites that were reporting on the allegations against him. Most articles have been taken down, as has the original accusation. As such, this is a post for some of that information, including the original accusation.
more information
laurellynnleake.tumblr.com

BRANDON GRAHAM IS AN ABUSIVE ASSHOLE (aka I Owe You Nothing)

I thought I'd make a fun video, just a cute, fun video comic about Brandon Graham and his "legacy" on some scrap paper I had lying around C: Music is “I Owe You Nothing” by Seinaba Sey! I'm...
Yeah, I remember when the Brandon Graham thing first came out. He's what they call in the trans community "a chaser." Fuck his lawyers and fuck him too.
I'm not quite caught up, have they said if its on hiatus or something?
Mangaka probably just skipping weeks here and there so they don't die. Kaiju No.8 does this frequently as well.
A monthly manga thread akin to what Messi does for us would be really cool. I think it's structured really well to keep things fresh, focused on what's new.
Messi has secretly wanted to take over that thread for ages.

Might need to rethink Donny Cates lol

Eddie Brock has risen. 😂
X of Sword is a weird ass book.
They spent a bunch of issues showing us how each member gets their sword, showing us the stakes for not only the world but for each Mutant. We're told that dying in Otherword means that they can't be brought back and that they'll be fighting damn near gods. Shit is dramatic as hell!l

Then the actual constant starts and it becomes silly as hell. The swords aren't used for the most part, most of the constants have nothing to do with fighting, hell, there's a page where each panel shows an entire constant. Right now the X-Men are losing by about 9 points and not one person has brought up the fact that it looks like they're gonna lose, which means the end of the world. Not just that but mofo are dropping quips.

Crazy ass tonal shift.
Like, I enjoyed X of Swords, but it got way more goofy .

Please suplex me bunny mom.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I spend a lot of time on twitter and Instagram.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I know you're partially joking, but... personally, I often prefer manga to their anime adaptations. The meticulous labor that goes into the art can rarely be replicated. Good luck seeing an anime for these look anywhere as good

Weekly Shonen Jump series often benefit the most from anime adaptations, because not everyone can draw action that's well conveyed and smooth (Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen are two such recent series that I think are better as anime than manga).

Launchpad is my first choice <3
Oh I was joking. I made the same joke about comics. I know anime fucks shit up, but I like anime.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
The TV shows? Cloak and Dagger is damn great, and Runaways isn't that bad. The first season and a half is pretty good, then season 2 stumbles and doesn't really recover. S3 is pretty decent.
if I never see a record store metaphor again, it'll be too soon.

I was watching the Inception style episode yesterday and I felt myself getting older.

Rumaways is cool though, ngl.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Notice how Aurica decided to throw shade on Horikoshi, Boichi, Furudate, Asano and Murata.... And we are supposed to respect his opinions?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I had an old woman come up to me yesterday and ask if we have any Demon Slayer collectibles. I faintly remembered it being an anime, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, we didn't have any.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know the creator of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid had a new series. It sounds good. Comes out in June.

STL185569.jpg

There's demon-slaying action galore in this stylish update to a Japanese folktale from the creator of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid! The rambunctious, teenage Princess Saltherine is fed up with being trapped behind high walls and engineers an escape. But this world is full of monsters both human and otherwise, and it could be Sally herself is one of them! Saltherine, princess of the Kingdom of Aldarake, dreams of traveling the world, a dangerous dream in a land where monsters roam the countryside! A chance meeting with a wanderer gives her hope that she might still find excitement in her life. But then she discovers the wanderer's true identity: Momotaro the Peach Boy, demon-slayer of legend! Though terrified by his bloody profession, Sally feels driven to follow Momotaro and learn more. But is this curiosity, or a magical connection that goes deeper than either of them realize...?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Notice how Aurica decided to throw shade on Horikoshi, Boichi, Furudate, Asano and Murata.... And we are supposed to respect his opinions?
I think Murata is incredible. Eyeshield 21 is one of my favorite manga. Asano also does some of my all-timers. The quote I pulled was from a thread about lesser-known, phenomenal artists, so I hadn't posted about them, Kentarou Miura, Junji Ito, Moto Hagio, Ryoichi Ikegami, Hiromu Arakawa, Naoki Urasawa, Hirohiko Araki, Hiroaki Samura, Katsuhiro Otomo, Osamu Tezuka, Tsutomu Nihei, Takehiko Inoue, Akiko Higashimura, or any of my other famous favorites.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I had an old woman come up to me yesterday and ask if we have any Demon Slayer collectibles. I faintly remembered it being an anime, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, we didn't have any.
should've gasped and said "oh no ma'am we don't carry any sexual explicit or offensive material here."

teach her degenerate weeb grandson to ask his grandma for anime merch.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I finally started watching Season 4 of Attack on Titan. What the fuck is this even? I'm through the first 8 episodes.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to check this series out. Heard good things.

It is Another Shonen Series with two hooks:

- The protagonist turns into a monster to fight.

- The protagonist is 32 and that inherently creates a change in context even though he is the exact same character as any other Shonen hero.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
It is Another Shonen Series with two hooks:

- The protagonist turns into a monster to fight.

- The protagonist is 32 and that inherently creates a change in context even though he is the exact same character as any other Shonen hero.
I like it for the action.

the best comics I have read lately have all been webtoons

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its the same with a lot of JRPGs. You never see older main characters in Persona and the like. 17, 18, maybe. Theres always that one older dude that rolls with the party, but the actual main character is usually a teen. Persona 2 EP being the outlier.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Messi missed so much while we were on Discord

The crash of NFTs. Me cooking an already cooked ham.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
NFT's have crashed?
That was fast.
If only some wise prophet could of seen it coming.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Which one of you read a comic and caused the blackout??

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Started reading classic TNMT, really good comics, did not expect it to be so engaging early on.

Just two friends throwing a bunch of ideas in the wall and having fun. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.