• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
My IST books finally shipped. Woo.

Also, very bummed about the New Gods movie. I really wanted to see that. Badly.

Yeah me too. I was really looking forward to seeing more Kirby characters on the big screen. At least we have The Eternals which will hopefully be decent (odd leaks withstanding).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trucking along in my Invincible re-read. Finished Ultimate Collection Vol.4 today. 👍

It still holds up outside of the outdated uses of "retarded" and "gay." But those words really only fell out of use in the last five years or so.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shonen Jump subscription is a thing that exists?

*googles*

bildschirmfoto2021-0424j5l.png

Oh, thanks for nothing then. :(

Was legitimately shocked that it's $1.99 a month. 👀

All You Need is Kill is on there? How have I not noticed! I have been wanting to read that.

Yes, and it's pretty great. Trust me, I'm a long time manga expert who has now read *checks notes* half of One Punch Man.

It's actually part 4

What? Are you saying Wikipedia lied to me?!?

comics are good

april fools!

I fell for it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm still trucking along in my Invincible re-read. Finished Ultimate Collection Vol.4 today. 👍

It still holds up outside of the outdated uses of "retarded" and "gay." But those words really only fell out of use in the last five years or so.
So weird. I stopped using those words in 6th grade because I realized how awful they were, but I still heard them from other people throughout high school.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So excited.
Save us, Donny Cates.

Bring him home.
You know he will, too. His run is just a wealth of Thor lore. He just loves Thor.

Shut the fuck up Jimmy
I didnt realise Chris Yost was one of the brains behind the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. No wonder it was so good.

Marvel should bring it back on Disney+.
Two seasons was not enough.
Yost posted a summary of season 3 last year on Twitter. Regardless, they wouldn't do another season. With their Disney+ MCU synergy there's no way. It's considered a "legacy" show.

What? Are you saying Wikipedia lied to me?!?
Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzilla VS Kong

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So weird. I stopped using those words in 6th grade because I realized how awful they were, but I still heard them from other people throughout high school.
Yeah, it's not like there's a lot of it. But it's still there. The issues I'm into now were probably released in 2008 / 2009. It was a bit more prevalent in the earlier issues.

a8pojk864np61.jpg
3077181-william_clockwell-invincible%2315.jpg

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I still hear the r word at least a few times a year. As a parent of a kid with autism, I don't put up with that shit. Among all the stupid shit with the whole GME Reddit movement, the worst was the free use of that word. Fuck all those losers.

I don't hear gay any more other than a person referencing their orientation.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it seemingly HAS to have had a negative effect on IST. I would have thought it would have made it faster to get books, but that couldn't have been further from the truth.
I can't imagine they had anywhere near enough staff to deal with the increase in online orders during lockdown AND the uptick in the volume of merchandise.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I still hear the r word at least a few times a year. As a parent of a kid with autism, I don't put up with that shit. Among all the stupid shit with the whole GME Reddit movement, the worst was the free use of that word. Fuck all those losers.

I don't hear gay any more other than a person referencing their orientation.
I also hear "retard" more than "gay" nowadays. I cringe hearing it, but I hear customers say it sometimes where I work. Very weird that there are still people out there saying it, even if it's at least way less common than it used to be.

I don't really begrudge people their ignorant past, since it was unfortunately a part of common slang years ago, but I can't respect anybody still saying it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I also hear "retard" more than "gay" nowadays. I cringe hearing it, but I hear customers say it sometimes where I work. Very weird that there are still people out there saying it, even if it's at least way less common than it used to be.

I don't really begrudge people their ignorant past, since it was unfortunately a part of common slang years ago, but I can't respect anybody still saying it.
Same. It's not great. That's also a word that seems to be far more difficult to get across as to why it's not okay, for some reason.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Both words have definitely fallen out of use to the extent that when I do hear someone use it, it makes me raise an eyebrow.
My coworkers and I heard a bunch of highschoolers passing through calling each other gay and as they left we looked at each other and went "what the fuck is this 2004? Who still uses 'gay' like that anymore?" Like early 00's slang coming back in a very bad way.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
My coworkers and I heard a bunch of highschoolers passing through calling each other gay and as they left we looked at each other and went "what the fuck is this 2004? Who still uses 'gay' like that anymore?" Like early 00's slang coming back in a very bad way.
It never went away man. The younger gens still use that language. It's not as acceptable to do so openly as it was once upon a time, but it's never stopped being used. My brother is gay and out of the closet and he still will have to frequently check some of his classmates on throwing the f-slur around.

May 24, 2019
www.resetera.com

Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. News

Ava's got lots of other projects lined up, including a CW DC show, so I'm guessing it's more of a time commitment thing. James is still doing Aquaman 2 later this year.

Wasnt Tom King on that New Gods movie lol?

I totally get cancelling the Trench. But the New Gods could have been amazing. Much cooler than the Eternals lol. Its just so unique to DC.

What's lol worthy? That plain sucks.
Hopefully they can turn the script into a comic.

#releasethetomverse

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It never went away man. The younger gens still use that language. It's not as acceptable to do so openly as it was once upon a time, but it's never stopped being used. My brother is gay and out of the closet and he still will have to frequently check some of his classmates on throwing the f-slur around.
That's genuinely surprising to hear. Very disappointing.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I've actually told two of my troops to knock that out. They kinda look at you to see if you're being serious. I think people feel more comfortable using it because people with intellectual disabilities or who are neuroatypical are less likely to call them out on that bullshit. My son is verbal but I don't think he'd understand the term or the full cues of what's going on if people were calling him that.

I also recognize that I used some truly awful language in middle school and high school in the 90s. Gay was a common insult back then. I'm embarrassed. My younger brother came out not too long after that and I know he's heard me use it before.

And I hear kids at parks using language that's just as wild. I'm still stunned to hear locals here in Hawaii call each other the n word on the daily. Straight up a wtf moment every time i hear it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone back at school in the 90s used 'gay' as a substitute for something being crap.
Nobody even thought twice about saying it.
Me included.
It does feel super weird now thinking about how commonly we said it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Snyder getting to depict the bad guys muddied the waters.
I doubt it. WB hates hates hates the Snyder Cut and everything involved with it at this point. Probably just another symptom of the dysfunction over there, the movie had languished for years after being greenlit with no signs of ramping up production.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Do they? Because it's gotten fairly positive reception.
That just sticks in the knife, honestly, lol. This thing is borne of some real toxic shit. They didn't want to make it, and the fact that it is, relatively speaking, well liked - well, that's its own set of problems.

They're not going to "restore the snyderverse," and it's not like that many people actually watched the thing, in the grand scheme of things. I just don't think that it plays into the cancellation at all, compared to the fact that it got greenlit years ago and production has apparently been stalled ever since.

Which fucking BLOWS but there you go.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Finished X-Men Genesis. Loved it.

Found this little gem in the covers
Screenshot_20210402-1907512.png

Because browner is apparently better.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... DC fixed the Batman price back to 4.99 but left Joker at 5.99 and removed the non cardstock cover

Yesterday, DC Comics informed retailers of the following:

• Batman #109 main cover was solicited as $5.99 but should be $4.99. The cover distributed has the correct price. Batman #109 variant covers were solicited with the incorrect price on the covers.
  • The Joker main covers are all card stock and priced at $5.99 same with all variants.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
God I fucking hate when recolors decide the background should be sky blue

That's not how color theory works

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Something must've happened here with the property.

I mean Disney owns 20th Century Fox now, so they own this and Alien outright right? But clearly something happened to pull everything like this at the last moment.

Either they want to wait to roll out the Predator stuff until later. Or Disney asked Marvel to hold off so they could roll it out along with some sort of movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.