• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But did you read about the part where she masturbates a horse?
I saw a line mentioning that and I don't want to know anymore.
I don't want to exaggerate this, but I also don't want to load up my issues to get my facts straight, so if I'm a little off here, sue me:

That book has a brutal fish-man rape scene that lasts for the bulk of one issue, then more rape continue in the subsequent issue. And it's only a four-issue mini, so the rape content is a big part of the whole thing.

It's really unpleasant and shitty, and it's just a garbage comic.
Yeah the female protagonist is subjected to getting raped for several days until she gets rescued by some creature. And some months later she finds out she's going to give birth to Cthulhu. This entire thing is fucked.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
are they gay in the cartoon? or just like... roommates?
The second season is supposed to explore their relationship. The creators said they didn't want to do it in season 1 because the show starts with her splitting up with Joker and they didn't want her just jumping into a new relationship that fast.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The second season is supposed to explore their relationship. The creators said they didn't want to do it in season 1 because the show starts with her splitting up with Joker and they didn't want her just jumping into a new relationship that fast.
ah, if that's true it's reasonable.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that cartoon is better than it has any right being, it's a blast. freaking Bane and King Shark kill me every episode

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'd totally read a comic about a cowboy Frankenstein's monster drawn by Bermejo.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a legit criticism of this stuff that leaves the representation up to fans fantasy headcannon rather than being explicit.

It would be if it was actually a specific criticism targeting a medium that hadn't been confirmed, multiple times, to explicitly be showcasing an LBGT romance. Leveling this 'criticism', and that's being generous, at the HQ show is disingenuous at best and downright problematic at worst.

You know why? It's an entertainment product. It's fundamentally designed to 'get you to buy it'. That's literally what all comics, games, movies, TV, etc are about. That doesn't mean it can't have good messages, and it doesn't mean those messages can't be sincere. 'It's whatever it needs to be to get you interested' is the most milquetoast, needless bullshit critique you can level, and beyond that, why is it only ever brought up when progressive politics are at hand?

The show is not 'leaving representation up to fans'. It's explicitly about Harley and Ivy's romance, and if the poster didn't know that, then they should have googled it before needlessly running their mouth.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So I went back in the thread to look for this:

And I realized I missed this:
Snyder did an AMA a few hours ago:
community.dcuniverse.com

LIVE Q&A: Scott Snyder writer of BATMAN and SWAMP THING! Friday, April 3rd @11am PT/2pm ET

OK folks! I have to run to help with the kids BUT, I’d love to do this again ASAP and keep asking me anything you want on Twitter as I’ll try to answer more often than I have been over there ssnyder1835

"Generations is more of a recounting of DC History right now, rather than being a big catalyst for things. The reconnecting of continuity - making it all one big story - is our job via Death Metal and we're honored and humbled and excited and terrified to be doing it "

5G (the future replacements part) is definitely dead.

also
" Hey! Thanks a lot. Doomsday Clock DOES play a big part in Death Metal. Nothing we do will change the (amazing) events of that book, but the effects of Manhattan's actions reverberate throughout the start of the story. Th goal with Death Metal is to say - look, DC has had all these great stories from long ago to just this year, but (if we're being honest) we've become too disconnected in out continuity. Black Label, other imprints, it's great to have standalone stories. But in mainline DC, it's become hard to tell what our history is, what connects. The post it on my computer for Death Metal is "everything matters" and our goal is reward you guys for your years of dedication and passion for these characters and stories by honoring as much as we can of the past, while blasting forward in the most fun way possible "

" I'd love to write a real run on Wonder Woman someday. I have a story I've been dying to do. But also Dr Fate. Marvel wise, I have a bog Captain America story I've been wanting to write forever. And a Hulk epic called "smash everything" that I hope to write one day. And a Wolverine idea… One day! "

I bet he's gonna branch out after Death Metal.

" I mean, there's no topping Stephen King, man. There was no getting over it. He was a blast, too - he was funny as hell, always messing with us on American Vampire by writing a script and then having Skinner or Pearl turn into a bat or mist or something at the end and I'd get all nervous about having to tell Stephen King our vampires didn't work that way, and so I'd build up my courage, get him on the phone and he'd be like, "Scott, I was just ■■■■■■' with ya." "

I would read runs of those comics written by Snyder in a heartbeat.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you even talking about? He was making a joke based on the shitty way representation tends to be handled by these companies. I'm a queer woman, and he's definitely on my side. He would never "parrot anti-inclusion shitposters".

Alright, then I was reading too much into it. Sorry.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, then I was reading too much into it. Sorry.

eh, no worries. Tone doesn't come across well on the internet and I guess I don't tend to pay too much attention to how my posts might sound in this thread.

We were discussing this exact problem (harley/ivy) here in last month's thread so I was just trying to riff off that.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when Harley abandoned her friends, murdered and manipulated people in an expert fashion to get back into Arkham Asylum to murder Joker (including bringing up to Cash that Joker killed his baby by giving him tetanus), only to NOT kill Joker and instead help him lead a mass riot which ended in a shit ton of deaths?

Boy Sirens went off the rails, huh?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
With all the other comics shelved, it's finally Sabrina's time to shine!

In all seriousness, it's a solid start to the new volume.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNTYvMzM5L2kwMi9iYXRtYW4tT2R5c3NleS0yLTEuanBnPzE0NDQyNjAyNzU=

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The co owner of DCBS/IST has an interview on the 11 o clock comics podcast. I havent finished is yet, but she makes it sound like she thinks if Diamond doesnt start shipping soon and reopen their warehouse, Penguin or one of the other book publishers is going to take their place, maybe for good. Diamond is the only book publisher that isnt shipping right now, and the stores like hers that are open are not happy.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The co owner of DCBS/IST has an interview on the 11 o clock comics podcast. I havent finished is yet, but she makes it sound like she thinks if Diamond doesnt start shipping soon and reopen their warehouse, Penguin or one of the other book publishers is going to take their place, maybe for good. Diamond is the only book publisher that isnt shipping right now, and the stores like hers that are open are not happy.
The only reason IST can do those amazing deals is 'cus they're right next to Diamond, right? At least that's what I've heard before.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eh, no worries. Tone doesn't come across well on the internet and I guess I don't tend to pay too much attention to how my posts might sound in this thread.

We were discussing this exact problem (harley/ivy) here in last month's thread so I was just trying to riff off that.

Yeah, sorry to you too, specifically. Admittedly I was already worked up from another thread I was working on and I think you caught some of that. I'm just really over the 'messaging cynicism' I see a lot on Reddit, but I shouldn't have assumed you were parroting them.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Guns don't kill people. Leaving your enemies in a broken prison system or an asylum proven to not to work does.

Status
Not open for further replies.