• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, thank you. I grabbed the first 2 Nightwing tpbs, and the first Birds of Prey. I thought there was a complete collection for his Nightwing, but I guess they havent dont one yet.

Im going to try and go through No Man's Land before.
Nightwing was only released in trades. 9 volumes, I believe. 3 for Robin. 3 for Birds of Prey, however his Birds of Prey goes for about 46 issues, I think? Basically, they stopped trade releasing it. So past volume 3, you'll have to start reading it in singles sadly.

Also if some Batman aficionados can step in, but I do believe he helped out quite heavily on Knightfall, since Bane is his baby.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
what ever happened to that industry changing thing he was teasing

did that amount to anything

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I'm not going to be too hard on Higgins for allowing himself to believe that publishers actually care about LCSs, rather than just paying lip service to it. Everything is fucked right now, the stakes are very high for someone like him, and it's easy to get caught up in things emotionally at a time like that.

DC coming out with an announcement of a $250,000 donation to help LCSs was incredibly insulting.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to be too hard on Higgins for allowing himself to believe that publishers actually care about LCSs, rather than just paying lip service to it. Everything is fucked right now, the stakes are very high for someone like him, and it's easy to get caught up in things emotionally at a time like that.

DC coming out with an announcement of a $250,000 donation to help LCSs was incredibly insulting.

They clearly hadn't put in the work if they announced that solution with no partners. It looks like they just wanted to install comichub in as many stores as possible.

I think it's incredibly suss that he and a few other comic store people were making statements for comichub and not comichub themselves.

I agree on the quarter mil and the Jim Lee 60 commissions thing

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

The guy's looking at a profitable business that he spent a decade buildling implode over something completely outside of his control. Lots of people do stupid looking stuff in that situation.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think since it's a mini, you might be in luck as it might already be finished, just not released yet. At worst, it will probably get a quiet digital release

Fingers crossed.
___

Reread Batman Universe today and yep, it's still my favorite Batman story since Morrison's run.

May 24, 2019
The quarter mil is a contribution to a charity, not propping up the shops by it's self.

DC's archival guy died. I've definitely seen him showing off their vaults in some video or other.
bleedingcool.com

DC Comics' Dale Crain Dies, Family Trying To Bring Him Home

Up until ten years ago, Dale Crain was a comic book creator, who drew issues of Thor, The Twelve and Batman, as well as a colourist. But he is best known

Last edited:

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The quarter mil is a contribution to a charity, not propping up the shops by it's self.
But it's a charity no one else is really going to donate to. LCSs dying is an issue no one is thinking about other than people in and around that tiny industry. It's really up to the publishers to save shops here. If they don't do it, it isn't happening.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But it's a charity no one else is really going to donate to. LCSs dying is an issue no one is thinking about other than people in and around that tiny industry. It's really up to the publishers to save shops here. If they don't do it, it isn't happening.
I've long thought the end of comic shops was a foregone conclusion. It's really just a matter of how long they can hold out. But the end is coming sooner or later.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I Googled Lost Girls because no idea what it is and if you just type in the name itself what comes up is an original Netflix murder/drama movie with the same name. Anyways um yeah this is now another one of those comics that I now unfortunately know way to much about.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I Googled Lost Girls because no idea what it is and if you just type in the name itself what comes up is an original Netflix murder/drama movie with the same name. Anyways um yeah this is now another one of those comics that I now unfortunately know way to much about.

Here's another one for you - Neonomicon.

(sorry in advance Valdei)

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's incredibly suss that he and a few other comic store people were making statements for comichub and not comichub themselves.

You know, I kinda got that feeling too, that comichub was seeing this as an 'opportunity'. But at the end of the day it is some comic store owners who are trying to figure something out at least. Instead of the big two who are sticking their heads in the sand.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
It's probably for the best that you looked it up yourself, because I don't think people believe we're telling the truth when we say it's an Alan Moore comic where underage girls jerk off a horse.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably for the best that you looked it up yourself, because I don't think people believe we're telling the truth when we say it's an Alan Moore comic where underage girls jerk off a horse.
"FROM THE WRITER OF WATCHMEN and V FOR VENDETTA COMES THE NEXT HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER YOU NEVER SAW COMING..."

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But did you read about the part where she masturbates a horse?

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
On the Google preview images I saw one of the covers which is a naked woman in a tub or pool and a fish monster coming at her. That instantly told me all I needed to know.
I don't want to exaggerate this, but I also don't want to load up my issues to get my facts straight, so if I'm a little off here, sue me:

That book has a brutal fish-man rape scene that lasts for the bulk of one issue, then more rape continue in the subsequent issue. And it's only a four-issue mini, so the rape content is a big part of the whole thing.

It's really unpleasant and shitty, and it's just a garbage comic.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to exaggerate this, but I also don't want to load up my issues to get my facts straight, so if I'm a little off here, sue me:

That book has a brutal fish-man rape scene that lasts for the bulk of one issue, then more rape continue in the subsequent issue. And it's only a four-issue mini, so the rape content is a big part of the whole thing.

It's really unpleasant and shitty, and it's just a garbage comic.
I flipped through the series in a bookstore one time. I don't remember seeing that bit, but there was a creepy rape scene.

Alan Moore is one fucked up dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.