• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's in the movie, that's why he has a book. That's why it was coming out around the movie lol

I'm sure that affected the timing of the books release. Especially considering all the issues have been done for months. Just saying I don't think it's the only reason why he got one

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20th Century Boys just threw me for a fucking loop.

This is better than Pluto, by god.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
sfRz4fv.jpg

Like seven issues in (I've been reading this one super slowly) but so far it's one of my favorite Brubaker/Phillips joints.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that every new #1 or book launch will get delayed indefinitely. Obviously that causes major problems with FF, X-Men, and Outlawed/Champions. The loss of sweet sweet variant/#1 bucks is probably too much to lose.

The only ongoings that hit "major" milestones in the next few months are ASM and Venom (#25 lol) iirc.

For DC aside from missing Punchline $ and delaying Death Metal I don't think this affects their line very much. Definitely helps that 5G or whatever was already delayed or changed beforehand.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm seeing people on my Twitter doing this meme, but I don't have nearly enough followers to make it work. So, suggest some comic or Shonen Jumps characters (however many you want) that I will draw for something for me to do during this quarantine. :x Yes I'll post the results.
You know what? Fuck it, i haven't drawn in a long time, this is a good enough excuse i'll join in on this and draw the ones you don't wanna do
(If that's fine with you)

Starting Dead Man Logan now

Is it any good
It's a real fun ride, though it's better if you read the previous runs by Lemire and especially Brisson. They're not mandatory but they're great fun too

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I wasn't so impressed with how it ended. I prefer Pluto. It's all better than Billy Bat, though. That series is gorgeous and fun, but it's such a mess.

Pluto's ending is beautiful but 20th Century Boys has taken me through so many highs and lows in just three volumes.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Fuck it, i haven't drawn in a long time, this is a good enough excuse i'll join in on this and draw the ones you don't wanna do

It's a real fun ride, though it's better if you read the previous runs by Lemire and especially Brisson. They're not mandatory but they're great fun too

Oh I did. I read every [EVERY] Marvel run I'm just using the delays to catch up.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Spencer's ASM well enough but it's also pandering exactly to my tastes so I don't know how unbiased I can be.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
sfRz4fv.jpg

Like seven issues in (I've been reading this one super slowly) but so far it's one of my favorite Brubaker/Phillips joints.

When the Fade Out started, Brubaker was talking about making it a really in-depth look at Hollywood in the 40's and its a great story. Them wrapping it up after 12 issues was super annoying.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Pluto's ending is beautiful but 20th Century Boys has taken me through so many highs and lows in just three volumes.
I loved it for a number of volumes, but Urasawa sometimes just goes too far with all the crazy twists and turns. It works in some of his series. I'll be interested to see what you think as you go on.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Velvet sis probably my all time favorite Brubaker book. Such as awesome book that seriously deserves an HBO type show, or movie.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure join in on the fun. Here's what was suggested:
Emma - The Promised Neverland
Bakugo
Toga
Nezuko
Megumin
Mikasa
Yusuke Urameshi
Kamina- Gurren Lagann

Out of these I've decided to do Emma, Toga, Nezuko, and Megumin. I could use 2 comic book characters just to not have it be completely Shonen Jumps.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure join in on the fun. Here's what was suggested:
Emma - The Promised Neverland
Bakugo
Toga
Nezuko
Megumin
Mikasa
Yusuke Urameshi
Kamina- Gurren Lagann

Out of these I've decided to do Emma, Toga, Nezuko, and Megumin. I could use 2 comic book characters just to not have it be completely Shonen Jumps.

Bart Allen Impulse and Cassandra Cain Batgirl

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Any recommendations?

I got that House of X/Powers of X hardover so I guess it's time to see what's after that.
If you want to follow just the X-men series, X-Men vol. 1 is next. https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Jonathan-Hickman-Vol-2019-ebook/dp/B084RKQ66Y
edit: I just realized this is a pre-order, and not discounted. Will be released April 8th.

If you want to follow everything in the series (X-men, X-force, Marauders, Excalibur, Fallen Angels, New Mutants, etc.), then check Dawn of X vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/Dawn-X-Vol-Jonathan-Hickman-ebook/dp/B082QQ4B4V/
And check out the next volumes when you get the chance. Right now, only volumes 1-4 are available. The rest are available in single issues.

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I said marvel should trim their line and give away free comic events and they did. You're welcome. My mental influence is boundless.

universe I want a puppy!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
27a56406f1da75332c293b4781c28986.gif

Kindred really won't get revealed until next year lol
There's no way that reveal won't be a letdown at this point. It better be fucking Gwen Stacy to drag it out this long.
is the fade out good? need more brubaker shit
It's fine. Others seem a lot more high on it than I am. I prefer Fatale or Velvet.
If you want a new DC comic, head to Walmart!
That sounds risky.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they switch to monthly so they'll have to get through the backlog first before they start again?

Kindred really won't get revealed until next year lol
It really depends on when comics start back up. Peter and Kindred were supposed to finally confront each other this month and Last Remains was probably going to be announced relatively soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.