• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
finished Marvel Team-Up 5, 6, and 7

j3oDgOq.png
dor5yqk.png
PfPdrXk.png

they're fun little romps. gerry conway can narrate an opening lol

from #5

lrDgr1k.png

from #7

zjecNDJ.png

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
should I read this chicken pox stuff in x-men or w/e or should I buy manga on sale on comixology

edit: hoxpox, chicken pox. same thing
They are basically the same thing. But I guess it depends on which manga you were looking at?

I think HoX/PoX is essential reading if you're intent at all on reading X-Men books in the near future.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

Marvel Entertainment is immediately "pausing" work on - and the release of - approximately one-third of its May and June titles, a spokesperson confirmed for Newsarama. Marvel did not provide details at this time as to which titles would be affected.

The decision to pause work on the affected titles, according to the spokesperson, is "to help spread the amount of publishing product over the coming weeks and months."

Asked when the publisher intends to resume publishing of the remaining two-thirds not affected, the Marvel spokesperson declined to answer.

Marvel has been telling creators involved with the suspended title of this decision today, and the company spokesperson re-assured Newsarama that "all talent will be paid for their work to date."

A revised schedule of releases from Marvel Comics is expected.

Here come the delays, lads.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Saint Young Men v1 is on sale for a dollar. Just buy that.
That was actually one I was eyeing lol
They are basically the same thing. But I guess it depends on which manga you were looking at?

I think HoX/PoX is essential reading if you're intent at all on reading X-Men books in the near future.
I was gonna catch up on Kaguya-sama. I really enjoy that.

Otherwise, was eyeing the new manga from the Nichijou creator. And some of the other Kodansha books on sale atm.

I haven't read any X books in almost a decade so... Not really sure how much I'd want to read.

May 24, 2019
Lol there's a "Darkest Timeline" DC sale on at Comixology. Don't friggen use the current situation to promote your comics.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Finished multiversity and...I don't understand. I enjoyed myself and the tie-ins are all great reads but multiversity #2 was going fine until the ending, which was ???

Here come the delays, lads.

Let me guess: the empyre and all the tie-ins will go on ahead, all the current ongoings will continue, but all the yet-to-arrive minis and one-shots will be paused.

May 24, 2019
Finished multiversity and...I don't understand. I enjoyed myself and the tie-ins are all great reads but multiversity #2 was going fine until the ending, which was ???

I just remember it being a tease for Multiversity 2. "A second multiverse! Duh duh duhhnnn!"

Now I wanna reread the series.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching the Harley Quinn animated series last night. This shit is pretty funny. I love Bane's voice.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel can delay everything except ASM so I don't have to wait another year for the Kindred reveal.

Tyrant Rave don't waste your money on hox pox unless you're going to read more xmen, it's basically just a prelude

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just release Empyre and ill be happy lol.

1 3rd of their line is probably just the minis and stuff that arent on-goings. It sucks for all the creators involved though. This would be a great time for Marvel to reconsider their entire lineup though. Really hope Shang Chi, and the Outlawed minis arent affected, but they probably could be delayed easier since none of them have officially started.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Empyre seems like something that they'd want to wait for physical to re-open. That's a ton of potential lost sales.

But that would mess with FF and X-Men because they tie into it so ???

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I called it. Taskmaster was sacrificed for the greater good. Sorry lads.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Empyre seems like something that they'd want to wait for physical to re-open. That's a ton of potential lost sales.

But that would mess with FF and X-Men because they tie into it so ???
Yep and X of Swords is coming up too but I'm guess there's enough time to modify things.

Empyre was supposed to be out next week.

Sadly, there is one savior for LCS

Knull.

Oct 25, 2017
Figured this might be a better spot to ask than the Ipad thread. Now that I'm looking at being home till August we were thinking about picking up a Ipad Pro; 11 or 12.9 for comics?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Figured this might be a better spot to ask than the Ipad thread. Now that I'm looking at being home till August we were thinking about picking up a Ipad Pro; 11 or 12.9 for comics?
pretty consistent that bigger is better if cost isn't a factor. but if it is, the smaller screen is perfectly great.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean execs will not THINK it will though

Yeah but taskmaster is in the movie. I don't think the book would have been announced if not for the movie tbh

Eh maybe maybe not. I'm not saying you're wrong but it's not like Vulture, Ghost, or other MCU villains besides Thanos got minis. Plus those already likes four black widow tie in books that he will probably be the villain of.

From the sound of Twitter Jed just really wanted to do a Tasky book and they let hin after the success of Black Cat

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Doesn't mean execs will not THINK it will though
Executives can be dumb, but they're not that dumb. There's decades of data at this point showing that these comics don't get a bump from movies, and they have access to more of it than we do. Nobody at Marvel thinks they're getting new readers off a book like this.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Executives can be dumb, but they're not that dumb. There's decades of data at this point showing that these comics don't get a bump from movies, and they have access to more of it than we do. Nobody at Marvel thinks they're getting new readers off a book like this.

So why does Taskmaster have a book? Coincidence?

I'm not saying they are getting a bigger audience. But the reasons the books like this exist is because of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.