• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing people on my Twitter doing this meme, but I don't have nearly enough followers to make it work. So, suggest some comic or Shonen Jumps characters (however many you want) that I will draw for something for me to do during this quarantine. :x Yes I'll post the results.
IMG_20200403_093900.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing people on my Twitter doing this meme, but I don't have nearly enough followers to make it work. So, suggest some comic or Shonen Jumps characters (however many you want) that I will draw for something for me to do during this quarantine. :x Yes I'll post the results.

Emma - The Promised Neverland
Bakugo
Toga
Nezuko
Megumin
Mikasa

Theres 6

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond's Preview for April 2020 is free this month

view.joomag.com

Specialty Publications April 2020 Previews for Diamond UK

PREVIEWS is your ultimate guide to all the comic books, graphic novels and pop-culture merchandise available from your local comic book shop! This catalog features comic books, graphic novels, toys and other pop-culture merchandise releasing in June 2020 and beyond.

EDIT:

Marvel: https://view.joomag.com/marvel-previews-april-2020/0225317001584979296?short

DC: https://view.joomag.com/dc-previews-april-2020/0925911001584975196?short

Last edited:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond's Preview for April 2020 is free this month

view.joomag.com

Specialty Publications April 2020 Previews for Diamond UK

PREVIEWS is your ultimate guide to all the comic books, graphic novels and pop-culture merchandise available from your local comic book shop! This catalog features comic books, graphic novels, toys and other pop-culture merchandise releasing in June 2020 and beyond.

EDIT:

Marvel: https://view.joomag.com/marvel-previews-april-2020/0225317001584979296?short

DC: https://view.joomag.com/dc-previews-april-2020/0925911001584975196?short

Wait, these are just solicits aren't they? Why wouldn't it be free? I clicked the link and it's just a bunch of covers.

May 24, 2019
Didn't the religious aspect to Kyle in Omega Men kinda come out of nowhere?
I only experienced him through Morrison's JLA and GLC.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kyle's Irish Catholic but it was never a big thing to his character, I don't think.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
For the new book or? Because I already own his other books.
No silly, its just a bunch of already released stuff thats on sale, and works with the bogo.

Wait, these are just solicits aren't they? Why wouldn't it be free? I clicked the link and it's just a bunch of covers.
Yea, I have no idea why they charge for them lol. Looks like they are usually $4 each for some reason. Only people that purchase them are retailers so they can see what they want to order from Diamond for the upcoming month.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the religious aspect to Kyle in Omega Men kinda come out of nowhere?
I only experienced him through Morrison's JLA and GLC.
I think the implication was that he was turning to it in a really dark time to find some comfort so far from home. Less religious and more "I need this to feel comfort right now, because it reminds me of loved ones and better times."

May 24, 2019
Yea, I have no idea why they charge for them lol. Looks like they are usually $4 each for some reason. Only people that purchase them are retailers so they can see what they want to order from Diamond for the upcoming month.

Physical comicers just straight up don't know how to internet. It's the only way they get solicits, so they're being taken advantage of.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No silly, its just a bunch of already released stuff thats on sale, and works with the bogo.

Oh okay I thought maybe it was a sale on prepurchasing the new Task book idk!

But yeah I have the TPBs and individuals of his 2002 and 2010 books.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I know hes not well regarded these days, but what was the best Chuck Dixon stuff? Is his Nightwing the best work he did?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What if the key to bringing back comics is to cancel the Taskmaster mini. We could make that sacrifice.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
definitely Kamina from Gurren Lagann

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! I want to start reading X-men/Mutant, specifically how they lost their powers (House of M, I think?) but I don't know where to start or which books to read. Can someone point me to a site/reddit/forum that has a complete list? Thanks!
After House of M, definitely read Endangered Species. From there I went through Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming.
Krakoa's """laws""" are just whatever the council decides. They aren't real.
This argument can be made for pretty much all laws. They're all just made up by some goofs sitting in a room.
Buttzerker theres a Taskmaster sale on CMX, and the Marvel bogo code should work on it too
Diamond Select is also putting out a Taskmaster figure.

2072dd3e-2916-4de5-bfb8-d80ae04efa33.jpg

Woah... You can't throw that word around like that.
Mutie. Gene-junk.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
What books are recommended to read in the lead-up? I have read all of John's GL run(but not all of his N52 stuff).
I remember it being pretty standalone so if you're familiar with Kyle being a character you should be fine. I did need to do a quick wiki on who or what the original Omega Men were but it didn't really matter anyway. Such a great book, it was the first Tom King I read and still one of my favorites.
Remember when Kitty pride compared the word mutie to the N word?
That aged like rotten milk but it always makes me laugh that Claremont wrote that meaning to be serious lol

I've been living a pretty great life in quarantine. Reading More then Meets The Eye after finishing the first Wreckers book which ended up being pretty good, and I've borrowed a lot more through CMX Unlimited. Also got the Berserk Guidebook which I wish I got physical, otherwise my life has been consumed by Animal Crossing and Assassin's Creed Origins. I really miss my X books though, especially after the last time any came out we got some of my favorites.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Marvel collected edition digital books on Amazon are like 50% off right now, if the BOGO offer on comixology doesn't appeal to you. Just got Dawn of X vol. 4 digital for $5.50 from there.

Any recommendations?

I got that House of X/Powers of X hardover so I guess it's time to see what's after that.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
should I read this chicken pox stuff in x-men or w/e or should I buy manga on sale on comixology

edit: hoxpox, chicken pox. same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.