• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I don't know about you but when I read watchmen for the first time all I thought was "damn I want this dr manhattan dude in a monster truck with Batman emblems or something"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The book is going to have an actual Bat-Dinosaur, or Bat-Rex, lol. How on earth could that be bad!?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy event books anymore lol
What would you say if I told you that Shonen Jumps are one giant event?
You mean like Marvel's website or their app?

Their app is made/operated by CMX, and Marvel accounts link to CMX accounts.

Zdarsky's Marvel books are on sale right now, and there's also a Marvel BOGO, so those books are on double sale.
I just looked at the website. I never used the app. I didn't realize their codes worked on CMX.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished East of West tonight, I guess next in my backlog will be the new version of Apocalyptigirl.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
A wasp decided to move into my computer room so I closed the door and trapped it. Some of my comics were in there but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Kevin Smith did a Spider-Man story lol? How did I not know about that.

My quarantine reading is: Brubaker's Daredevil, Brubaker's Cap, PAD's Young Justice, and just started DMZ today.

Because it's infamously bad and put rape into Black Cat's backstory. So everyone was like nah, no thanks

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So its Kevin Smith's Battle Chasers, but with rape.

Seems like Green Arrow is the only Kevin Smith book that has really lasted the test of time. Dont hear enough about his Green Hornet though.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
bluexy or anyone else interested, you can pre-order some omnis right now for 50% off from DCBS. (its another part of IST) Theyve got the Legion of Super Heroes Five Years Later omni for $75 and the Absolute Swamp Thing for $50. They also have the Hellsing Deluxe up for pre order too.

This is the first I've heard of DCBS. I checked them out and I'm thinking of pre-ordering the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 omnibus reprint scheduled for later this year. Since it's a part of IST am I safe in assuming their shipping & packing quality is just as good?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first I've heard of DCBS. I checked them out and I'm thinking of pre-ordering the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 omnibus reprint scheduled for later this year. Since it's a part of IST am I safe in assuming their shipping & packing quality is just as good?
I've only ever ordered statues from DCBS, but it's pretty much the same as how IST ships the larger books.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of trying to play a game that isn't Overwatch. Would Persona 5 be a good choice for me?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
With what looks like a smaller and smaller number IST seem to be stocking week 1 for omnis, maybe DCBS is the way to go. Even if they charge me early, at least the 50% off is guaranteed.

What's the shipping cost at DCBS?

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
With what looks like a smaller and smaller number IST seem to be stocking week 1 for omnis, maybe DCBS is the way to go. Even if they charge me early, at least the 50% off is guaranteed.

What's the shipping cost at DCBS?

I added the Uncanny X-Men omnibus to my cart and it's $50 + 7.50 shipping + 2.65 tax.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking of trying to play a game that isn't Overwatch. Would Persona 5 be a good choice for me?
it's the most well-realized version of the simplified Shin Megami Tensei battle mechanics the Persona series has been using, but the story kinda drops the ball, and dips into katsura hashino's occasional blatant homophobia; I liked it a lot, and I also think it's not for you

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
it's the most well-realized version of the simplified Shin Megami Tensei battle mechanics the Persona series has been using, but the story kinda drops the ball, and dips into katsura hashino's occasional blatant homophobia; I liked it a lot, and I also think it's not for you

Oh ok, well that's disappointing. I like the look of the characters :( but I'm not down with homophobia

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
LpHowdN.png

giphy.gif

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Purchase a copy of Outer Wilds and have fun. If you haven't played that.

He would hate that even more than Persona. Outer WORLDS on the other hand, maybe. He would definitely like Parvati (because everyone likes Parvati).

If Messi had a PC, I'd tell him "log into Twitch and pray you get a Valorant key this weekend" since that's essentially Overwatch by Riot. AFAIK he only has an Xbox, which makes things significantly harder.

Hmmmmm. Yakuza 0 is on Game Pass, that game's great. I came into the franchise cold and ended up loving it. And it's extremely anime in terms of tone and story. As someone who thought it was more like Sleeping Dogs, it's surprisingly funny and charming. Every member of the cast is ACTING~! to the extreme, it's great.

Last edited:

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He would hate that even more than Persona. Outer WORLDS on the other hand, maybe. He would definitely like Parvati (because everyone likes Parvati).

If Messi had a PC, I'd tell him "log into Twitch and pray you get a Valorant key this weekend" since that's essentially Overwatch by Riot. AFAIK he only has an Xbox, which makes things significantly harder.

Hmmmmm. Yakuza 0 is on Game Pass, that game's great. I came into the franchise cold and ended up loving it. And it's extremely anime in terms of tone and story. As someone who thought it was more like Sleeping Dogs, it's surprisingly funny and charming. Every member of the cast is ACTING~! to the extreme, it's great.
Aw then no Outer Wilds suggestion then. I haven't played Outer Worlds though I have heard that is good. Sleeping Dogs is wonderful and is another good suggestion.
I tried it and I only liked one of the companions, Parvatti was her name?
Outer WILDS not Outer WORLDS. These two games are forever going to be confused with each-other.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Valorant seems way more Counter Strike than Overwatch to me. I hope im wrong, but it just doesnt seem like they went far enough into the unique character angle of the game. Im still looking forward to it, but I just dont think its going to be the massive hit that they are probably expecting it to be.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Valorant seems way more Counter Strike than Overwatch to me. I hope im wrong, but it just doesnt seem like they went far enough into the unique character angle of the game. Im still looking forward to it, but I just dont think its going to be the massive hit that they are probably expecting it to be.

It's a Riot game. It will be gigantic everywhere except here, where it will have an eight-page thread and a Discord that gets one post every three months. Just the way things are on ERA. Tarkov is one of the biggest games in the world atm, the OT is about four pages but we are on like our 20th Destiny 2 OT (I like Destiny a lot but it has always been a bizarre outlier on this forum).

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
it's a hybrid but i'd say more counter-strike than overwatch. the abilities make it much more dynamic than cs, but there's still that "I can win this game entirely by myself just by knowing angles" gameplay.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Did you watch that gameplay video? that's CS as fuck. Don't expect it to not be CS.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

I think it looks like something I'd actively dislike. Overwatch is the first multiplayer game I've enjoyed in many years.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did you watch that gameplay video? that's CS as fuck. Don't expect it to not be CS.
No, ive only seen the reveal and like some random clips of the devs playing. I used to love CS before Go, but I dont know if I have that in me anymore lol.

I think it looks like something I'd actively dislike. Overwatch is the first multiplayer game I've enjoyed in many years.
Yea, it looks like its going to be for the super hard core.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Valorant will be the next game with a bunch of cute girls that people will draw on Twitter, and I'll love and protect all of them, but never play the game those girls are from in a million years.

See also: League of Legends, Fate/Grand Order, Arknights, Azur Lane, etc.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valorant will be the next game with a bunch of cute girls that people will draw on Twitter, and I'll love and protect all of them, but never play the game those girls are from in a million years.

You could always play the league of legends card game, it's pretty fun

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Apex Legends was supposed to be that game. The fan art never really took off for that one the way it did for OW, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.