• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Gunna wait and see if DC does one too before I blow through all my moneys

Anyone know what the reading order is for Ewing's Avengers saga? Is it just New Avengers to US Avengers to No Surrender and No Road Home?

Mighty Avengers and Captain America and the Mighty Avengers are before New. Though be warned that Mighty has Land on art and Cap has like half of it about SIXIS. Still good though.

You'll probably want to include Ultimates and Ultimates 2 as well, since they continue his stuff with Monica and Blue Marvel. And are also awesome. They went on during New Avengers.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gunna wait and see if DC does one too before I blow through all my moneys

Anyone know what the reading order is for Ewing's Avengers saga? Is it just New Avengers to US Avengers to No Surrender and No Road Home?

You might want to go all the way back, since some characters (like Power Man and White Tiger) carry through.

Mighty Avengers -> Captain America and the Mighty Avengers -> New Avengers -> USAvengers -> No Surrender -> No Road Home

Maybe toss Ultimates and Ultimates 2 in there? That's tangential though.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda funny as an April fools. I'd buy one though.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished binging the Harley Quinn show and damn that was good. Excited for season 2. Loved their portrayal of almost every character, especially Ivy and Bane. Only characters I felt like were a miss were Gordon [I get it, it just isn't funny or interesting to me], Aquaman [a little one-note], and Frank the Plant [just kinda felt like an excuse to have JB Smoove be JB Smoove, which is fine but it got a little...weird at points].

Otherwise, killer cast and extremely fun ride.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

db6sdx3-457955b5-a8ae-4dab-a975-2b04d18db238.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
bluexy or anyone else interested, you can pre-order some omnis right now for 50% off from DCBS. (its another part of IST) Theyve got the Legion of Super Heroes Five Years Later omni for $75 and the Absolute Swamp Thing for $50. They also have the Hellsing Deluxe up for pre order too.

kappapeachie

Aug 5, 2019
I just finished binging the Harley Quinn show and damn that was good. Excited for season 2. Loved their portrayal of almost every character, especially Ivy and Bane. Only characters I felt like were a miss were Gordon [I get it, it just isn't funny or interesting to me], Aquaman [a little one-note], and Frank the Plant [just kinda felt like an excuse to have JB Smoove be JB Smoove, which is fine but it got a little...weird at points].

Otherwise, killer cast and extremely fun ride.

although i can't recommend the show for everyone, it was fun ride all things considered.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
although i can't recommend the show for everyone, it was fun ride all things considered.

Yeah I mean it was really just DC's attempt at Venture Bros which all considered I'm good with

I think season 2 has a bit more potential to run with the New Gotham angle though

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
bluexy or anyone else interested, you can pre-order some omnis right now for 50% off from DCBS. (its another part of IST) Theyve got the Legion of Super Heroes Five Years Later omni for $75 and the Absolute Swamp Thing for $50. They also have the Hellsing Deluxe up for pre order too.
Isn't it safer to wait for IST to get them? Doesn't DCBS charge you earlier for comics / graphic novels?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it safer to wait for IST to get them? Doesn't DCBS charge you earlier for comics / graphic novels?
Thats the appeal for myself. Being charged now, rather than waiting until the books comes out since there are a couple others I wanted to get around the same time. The only difference other than that is you have to pay for shipping still.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As we shelter in place I am going to suggest the following reading : Chuck Austen's X-men run, Kevin Smith's Spiderman: Evil that men do, and Wildstorm's Captain Atom

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Smith did a Spider-Man story lol? How did I not know about that.

My quarantine reading is: Brubaker's Daredevil, Brubaker's Cap, PAD's Young Justice, and just started DMZ today.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My quarantine reading is small. Very slowly making my way through the 70's Mister Miracle still (got to make my comics last here), then there's Tom King's MM, the Morrison Batman Omni no.1, and Sunstone. This month would have seen the purchase of King's Omega Men deluxe edition for new releases, but the virus said no. :/

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm.

Well, I have a ton of old Humble Bundles that I can now make my way through at least. From the browse I had the other day, I'm thinking about reading the first few Spawn Origins trades (all down to MK11, plus the show is not streaming here), the IDW TNG Mirrorverse saga, and a big one, reading G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero from the beginning. I have read dribs and drabs (I read the storyline where G2 Megatron was rebuilt by Cobra and, as a Transformers fan, it was goddamn hilarious, especially the most random collection of Autobots in history sent to fight Megatron) but only started the IDW version of the ongoing when Dawn joined the cast (and the Hasbroverse books were folded into each other).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think thats just a part of a montage. Like showing a quick glimpse of what has led up to Death Metal. I dont think any of those characters are actually in it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i don't want to meet anyone who doesn't want this irl they sound stuffy
oh yeah well I still love you spacesong and I hope the comic is awful and you end up saying "dangit, rory was right and I guess that means I have to invite him to my birthday party."

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
idk i love borad games too. but i came to rage with big blue dicks and monster trucks!
"alright spacesong im reading your character sheet here and all you've got written down is "blue dick/monster truck" can you elaborate a little bit, maybe pick a class?"
"no"

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Can't help but feel kind disappointed by the BTAS comic revival. The artwork and posing is aggressively boring, it doesn't really attempt to set any kind of tone or atmosphere, and coming right out of the gate
with Lex Luthor and a 1950s big robot is an odd choice.
Maybe Mad Love is too high a bar, and unfortunately Mike Parobeck is no longer with us, but sheesh

Also, did the collective BTAS creative team all come together in their mutual hatred of Bane or something? It's hilarious how much that character is this universe's whipping boy

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I bought comics. I'm sorry everyone.

Got the first 2 volumes of Zdarsky's Daredevil since they're on sale for cheap. But why the fuck aren't any of the single issues after that on sale? Obviously because CMX = cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.