• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a million issues and I can still barely parse the current Black Panther run

I'm just not sold on the random space empire time travel plot

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
c334f5abea9a68da6b59ef3b7313dc74.gif

tumblr_msonkkmte91sa1o6mo1_500.gif

Mmm, lasagna!

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And now the Coates finale will be delayed, might make plans for a easy transition, that and Cap.

It's weird. Coates 2016 run and the Dora tie-ins were some of my fav BP content ever but his current Cap and BP run have mostly been a huge miss for me. The dude just seems like such a long form writer that he can't tell a monthly story without the reader having to constantly consult back issues to remember what the hell is even going on

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird. Coates 2016 run and the Dora tie-ins were some of my fav BP content ever but his current Cap and BP run have mostly been a huge miss for me. The dude just seems like such a long form writer that he can't tell a monthly story without the reader having to constantly consult back issues to remember what the hell is even going on
Eh I think Cap is still pretty good and followable, it's just so extremely incongruous with the rest of the line that it's jarring.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I think Cap is still pretty good and followable, it's just so extremely incongruous with the rest of the line that it's jarring.

Maybe my memory just sucks. I had to go back and check like twice where the hell Peggy showed up from and what she was doing lmao

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they actually get my shop on Comichub considering that they only have one shop listed for several states.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
God, please no Chip or Al/Eve on Cap and BP. I was able to drop those from my pulls without a second thought. I already pull too many Marvoo comics. Don't make me add them back. 😭

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So did anybody pick up X-Liefields #1?
panel 1: messi says "shonen jumps are good"
panel 2: freeza responds with sexy bunny waifu gif
panel 3: aimless responds with anime girl giving a thumbs up gif

hey look im better than garfield
What about Mondays tho amirite?
It's been a million issues and I can still barely parse the current Black Panther run

I'm just not sold on the random space empire time travel plot
Oh my god is it STILL on that? It's been like 30 years!
Zdarsky rubbing his hands together

Also give Ewing Black Panther. Both Ewings are good.
Man I'd buy anything Al Ewing does at this point. He's on Gail Simone tier for me right now.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did anybody pick up X-Liefields #1?

What about Mondays tho amirite?

Oh my god is it STILL on that? It's been like 30 years!

Man I'd buy anything Al Ewing does at this point. He's on Gail Simone tier for me right now.

Yeah they're back to Earth now and now it's Earth Wakanda versus Space Wakanda

It's uh

Something

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to believe the pubs will go with it, unless they're internally working on their own version. At minimum it gives them cover to continue to release digitally.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to believe the pubs will go with it, unless they're internally working on their own version. At minimum it gives them cover to continue to release digitally.

As someone who can't follow business stuff well, am I right in that the idea here is a compromise where they'd resume digital sales and then they'd come with redeemable physical vouchers in order to help get foot traffic back into comic stores when they reopen?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who can't follow business stuff well, am I right in that the idea here is a compromise where they'd resume digital sales and then they'd come with redeemable physical vouchers in order to help get foot traffic back into comic stores when they reopen?
The compromise is close, but sort of reverse. You'd buy the physical comic through this system at your local store, get the digital comic immediately, and your store would give you the physical copy in-store when it reopens.

It's the old physical with free digital copy bundle, you're just not getting the physical copy until later.

This would be a different system from Comixology it seems.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
So any idea how this affects pulls/hold lists? Mine gives 20% off, and paying full price again is a bit of hard pill to swallow lol

May 24, 2019
Well, I wasn't expecting my LCS (the NZ shop/guy who made ComicHub) to have THE SOLUTION.

I don't see the big two going for it, though. Just a feeling.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Would the Big 2 even have a better solution? They were clearly trying to find whatever alternate methods they could to get comics out there. DC was going to still release digital until they presumably got screamed at by enough retailers.

I guess there's the problem that they can't get overinflated variant and #1 orders since it would actually be 1 comic = 1 customer lol

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I just wonder how it affects variant sales. And that's a huge thing for Marvel and DC. Like, I get that you can still reserve your variant, but I assume most people will be using this to read while shops are closed.

I guess there's the problem that they can't get overinflated variant and #1 orders since it would actually be 1 comic = 1 customer lol

Beat me to it by a second. My exact thought.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Queen Nocenti is giving us free Aja comics

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Free Zdarsky comics!

www.comixology.com

Redeem - Comics by comiXology

Redeem your comics. Read over 16,000 comics and over 700 free comics on your iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android, Windows, browser and more.

Code: AFTERLIFT

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh a Marvel BOGO.

Finally get to pick up the last Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl collections.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should hold off. Who knows what else could pop up, and it's on for another week.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is ResetEra getting hit hard for everyone, or is it just on my end?

I think they already replaced Buffy with a new Slayer in the comic lol. Havent been reading it since Hellmouth, im waiting for the full event trade, but just saw Issue #13 and it looks like they introduced Kendra. They are probably just doing the thing where Buffy gets "killed" and a new slayer takes her place, and then Buffy comes back.

EDIT: This is the new Batman The Animated Series book right?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Been waiting for an excuse to catch up on Ewing's GOTG. Not sure what to get for my fourth book, though. Torn between Outlawed, Immortal Hulk: Great Responsibility... unless there's some other good one-shots out there I'm forgetting about? Maybe the Road to Empyre one shot?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Gunna wait and see if DC does one too before I blow through all my moneys

Anyone know what the reading order is for Ewing's Avengers saga? Is it just New Avengers to US Avengers to No Surrender and No Road Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.