• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, since no new comics to buy guess I'll hit up the ol' backlog...

...let's see here. Daredevil Shadowland eh? Seems promising!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
How do you read a tv show?

45EZ3cl.jpg

Who is this random comic store owner and why does he have access to Big News before Rich?

He's the host of Comics Conspiracy podcast. Also I know some inside baseball shit about stuff I was sworn to secrecy to by my comic shop owning friend. So they get info sometimes. The industry is small.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
WHOA HOLD ON

I GOT SOMETHING COMING DOWN THE WIRE

INDUSTRY CHANGING STUFF HERE

IT'S
GODZILLA WITH A TOP HAT AS DRAWN BY MIKE MIGNOLA!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I read Ostrander Suicide Squad or PAD Hulk next?

80s were rad for comics sometimes.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight I feel stupid selling all of my Showcase collections except for Ambush Bug. They took up a lot of room but those old comics looked great in B&W, especially the horror stuff like Phantom Stranger and House of Mystery.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I don't think John and Bruno would fuck around.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
A crossover would be big news, but it's hardly a long term game changer

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Crossover would be awesome. If only because we could get the other two reprinted lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading an old comic like Suicide Squad gives you an apprecation for that old pop art look comics used to have. Maybe it's unfeasible to do now but I miss it.

Especially this issue of Squad where Batman is basically Jason Voorhees carving through them like they're nothing.

Ha this issue has a little "DC Comics - not just for kids!" blurb on it.

Yeah I kinda figured the story about bloodsoaked assassins engaging in black ops for a corrupt government might be a little grim!

May 24, 2019
Reading an old comic like Suicide Squad gives you an apprecation for that old pop art look comics used to have. Maybe it's unfeasible to do now but I miss it.

Probably not exactly what you're talking about, but Mike Allred is mister pop-art comics.

edit: Dial H For Hero is super fun if you're a fan of old/alternative art styles.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thanks! It's RetroCrush. No customization with their subtitle options sadly.

Not into their kinda snooty tag line about "watching anime that matters" but I don''t hate the line up. Stuff I know that has content that has aged like milk, but looks like it came from the future.
J-Netflix is actually pretty dope for its classic anime selection, but I wish it had more. Has like all of Oishinbo with Japanese subtitles, and stuff like Kindaichi Case Files. It's rad. I should watch more. I regret not watching ZZ before it was taken off ;_;
NxGQPQm.png

Edit: Allegedly Cromartie High School is on RetroCrush?? Watch that, SpaceSong! It's so funny.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad is really good but it wouldn't exist without that push to make comics dark and edgy.

Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose.

EDIT: I wrote that but now there's a character whose superpower is controlling a helicopter and he calls himself its daddy and I don't know how to process that.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! It's RetroCrush. No customization with their subtitle options sadly.

Not into their kinda snooty tag line about "watching anime that matters" but I don''t hate the line up. Stuff I know that has content that has aged like milk, but looks like it came from the future.

ooh, might give Galaxy Express 999 and Golgo 13 a watch. Always been interested but haven't been able to lay my hands on the Manga.

J-Netflix is actually pretty dope for its classic anime selection, but I wish it had more. Has like all of Oishinbo with Japanese subtitles, and stuff like Kindaichi Case Files. It's rad. I should watch more. I regret not watching ZZ before it was taken off ;_;
NxGQPQm.png

Edit: Allegedly Cromartie High School is on RetroCrush?? Watch that, SpaceSong! It's so funny.

Hmm, might watch that.

No English subs for Oishinbo?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
ooh, might give Galaxy Express 999 and Golgo 13 a watch. Always been interested but haven't been able to lay my hands on the Manga.

Hmm, might watch that.

No English subs for Oishinbo?
On Japanese Netflix, the only stuff with English subs are Netflix originals, usually. More likely to see Japanese dubs of American movies than English subtitles on Japanese stuff.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Sejic was sent from the heavens to provide for me. It's why I still read comics.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sejic was sent from the heavens to provide for me. It's why I still read comics.

my thought when he pitched his Plan A which was just Harleen, Isley, Sirens was that all DC would want is more harley. this looks like that Plan B compromise.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Snyder's worldview is that it's naive and childish to believe in anything Superman traditionally represents, and I couldn't be more opposed to that take. He clearly doesn't like Superman, so maybe that's not a great person to call when you're making a Superman movie!
It is when you're a dumb movie exec looking to make a Superman movie for an audience you assume doesn't like Superman.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is when you're a dumb movie exec looking to make a Superman movie for an audience you assume doesn't like Superman.

To be fair we've spent like 40 years telling DC that Superman is a lame outdated nerdlinger, and when they gave us what they thought we wanted we all got mad at them.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I haven't been following news with Animal Crossing and Deadly Premonition on Switch but I know about DC but is Marvel still planning on digital releases tomorrow? I don't buy anything weekly except X books but still curious.

I also just finished War of the Realms and I really loved it. I've been following Aaron Thor since day 1 and didn't read any of the tie ins. I think a few would've been good but it was still very understandable. I expected the worst from initial reactions and my opinion might've been different if I was buying in singles but it's a great story with a few definitely iconic bits.

May 24, 2019
I haven't been following news with Animal Crossing and Deadly Premonition on Switch but I know about DC but is Marvel still planning on digital releases tomorrow? I don't buy anything weekly except X books but still curious.

Nope.
www.cbr.com

Marvel Officially Announces Digital Plan for April 1 Comics

Marvel Comics has officially announced its digital plan for comics scheduled to go on sale April 1.
"As you know, unfortunately there will not be any new print titles available at your shops this week. Marvel will also not be releasing any new comic book titles digitally on April 1...
This is a fluid situation with details changing every day, so we appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate our way through this. As soon as more information is available, we will outline our longer-term plans and opportunities to support you and the industry."

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

Oh god give it all to me. After Harleen I trust him with anything and these all would be amazing.
How is the newest Dr. Who compared to the Matt Smith stuff?
Eh, I've been watching since the Eccleston days and Smith is still my favorite. I watched through the Capaldi stuff just cause a female Doctor is amazing but I was pretty burnt out by that point.
cool, thanks. Kinda figured. It sucks but I can wait, that's what I'm used to anyway.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
my thought when he pitched his Plan A which was just Harleen, Isley, Sirens was that all DC would want is more harley. this looks like that Plan B compromise.

He has never pitched more than Harleen and Isley. DC asked for more Harleen, he asked to do Isley first to add to Harleen. Since then he added Selina as he has a story for her. Sirens is new but it's likely just a book to cap it all off. Think of Harleen as the main book and Isley and Selina being their own stories but they also expand Harleens world. Culminating in Sirens.

It isn't a compromise its him expanding his idea. DC will absolutely let him do all of this as long as it sells anything like Harleen... Which it will because its all one thing and super popular characters.

DC always asks him for more lol. They wanted him to stay on Aquaman but he said he had promised to do his creator owned books and thus he did.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In some good news, I passed my drawing class mid-term with A's. The drawings my professor had us do were hard, so I'm happy about passed it with flying colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.