• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a strict no-Zombie idol reading plan.

536-WSJHeader_ActAge_2000x800.jpg

Act-Age is very good, and is a "Shonen Jump". You should read it.

Eden's Zero is not a "Shonen Jump", though I do enjoy it.

Eden Zero is an American publication then?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Planning my Brubaker Cap reading order, and I need some help with the events. Brubaker starts his Cap run right around the same time Bendis starts his New Avengers right?

So as far as events go, it goes something like: House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, then Siege to Dark Reign?

Last edited:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.comic-con.org/awards/2019-will-eisner-comic-industry-award-nominees

Eisner noms are out. Chip got nominated for best single issue (Spectacular Spidey #310) and best writer (along with Kelly Thompson!).
Batman up for an Eisner again. Narez will be happy.

Solid nominations all around. I'm very happy that Dead Dead Demon's and Tokyo Tarareba Girls got nominated for international stuff, they deserve it. Also thrilled to see Bonvillain get a nom, she should absolutely win. She's the best colorist in the game right now.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck all the Penciller/Inker picks are really solid but I really want Matías Bergara to win

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Planning my Brubaker Cap reading order, and I need some help with the events. Brubaker starts his Cap run right around the same time Bendis starts his New Avengers right?

So as far as events go, it goes something like: House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, then Siege to Dark Reign?

I think Dark Avengers is before Siege.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That sounds right. The only ones that really effect Brubakers run from what I recall is Civil War(cuz Cap is a big part of that and he dies rip) and Fear Itself (cuz Bucky took the L in that one)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds right. The only ones that really effect Brubakers run from what I recall is Civil War(cuz Cap is a big part of that and he dies rip) and Fear Itself (cuz Bucky took the L in that one)
ok thanks. Ill probably switch back and forth from Brubaker's Cap and Bendis's New Avengers. I never read anything past Civil War, so its all new and I kinda want to see what I missed during the time between Secret Invasion to Fear Itself. Think I came back around the "Heroic Age" stuff started, aside from the X-Men books.

There is no "event" book for Dark Reign though right? Its more of a status quo change, that takes place during the Avengers books? What is the main Avengers book when Dark Avengers starts?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
ok thanks. Ill probably switch back and forth from Brubaker's Cap and Bendis's New Avengers. I never read anything past Civil War, so its all new and I kinda want to see what I missed during the time between Secret Invasion to Fear Itself. Think I came back around the "Heroic Age" stuff started, aside from the X-Men books.

There is no "event" book for Dark Reign though right? Its more of a status quo change, that takes place during the Avengers books? What is the main Avengers book when Dark Avengers starts?
Bendis New Avengers.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Reign was a status quo in which every book by law had to include Norman Osborn in some what for like 16 months. Don't ask me why Norman Osborn shooting an alien meant he got to be president of the World, secret invasion was bad.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking in the most appropriate thread: Which of these manga series should I start? I want to grab something along with JoJo Part 4 on indigo.ca

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Ultraman

20th Century Boys

Vinland Saga

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Asking in the most appropriate thread: Which of these manga series should I start? I want to grab something along with JoJo Part 4 on indigo.ca

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Ultraman

20th Century Boys

Vinland Saga

Dead Dead Demon's Dededede is incredible at the very least

Deleted member 47942

Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Dark Reign was a status quo in which every book by law had to include Norman Osborn in some what for like 16 months. Don't ask me why Norman Osborn shooting an alien meant he got to be president of the World, secret invasion was bad.
We got that as a hangover from Warren Ellis writing the only good Norman Osborn story in the last thirty years in Thunderbolts.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I plan on one day rereading thru secret invasion, dark reign and siege. I was really into comics during that period and even if it doesnt hold up still i want to reread them to get s better opinion of them.

Deleted member 47942

Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I plan on one day rereading thru secret invasion, dark reign and siege. I was really into comics during that period and even if it doesnt hold up still i want to reread them to get s better opinion of them.
I wouldn't waste your time with a lot of the tie-ins because there is a lot of mediocrity. Just read Bendis' New Avengers and the event books for Secret Invasion & Siege. The only Dark Reign tie-ins or minis that I'd recommend are Ares, Dark X-Men, and Captain America Reborn.

Counterpoint: No.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I really liked the idea of Secret Invasion, but man the actual book just fell so flat

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
After getting my entire collection back out earlier I need to decide what I'm going to start buying. It's tempting to kind of carry on where I left off and keep on with the modern stuff but I've been following bits here and there since and not really been wowed by anything. The other idea is just to focus on the Epic Collections at the moment. I actually found myself liking how they released them out of order so I'm not always struggling with the really early writing styles but bouncing between decades.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

I think Mighty Avengers and New Avengers are ongoing before Dark Avengers(and during) as the Avengers are split into "three teams" by Bendis. But both Mighty and New Avengers are the first split and eventually the Dark Avengers are another? There are reading orders out there but its complex and massive.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
After getting my entire collection back out earlier I need to decide what I'm going to start buying. It's tempting to kind of carry on where I left off and keep on with the modern stuff but I've been following bits here and there since and not really been wowed by anything. The other idea is just to focus on the Epic Collections at the moment. I actually found myself liking how they released them out of order so I'm not always struggling with the really early writing styles but bouncing between decades.

With all the digital options available, I just buy books that I definitely see myself reading a second time.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
With all the digital options available, I just buy books that I definitely see myself reading a second time.

I re-read nearly all of my comics, or at least I used to. I did switch to digital but didn't even find myself finishing the new stuff. It was very much out of sight out of mind which was one of the big reasons I wanted everything back on my shelves.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wouldn't waste your time with a lot of the tie-ins because there is a lot of mediocrity. Just read Bendis' New Avengers and the event books for Secret Invasion & Siege. The only Dark Reign tie-ins or minis that I'd recommend are Ares, Dark X-Men, and Captain America Reborn.

Counterpoint: No.
I always liked Ares. Dark Reign featured Frank as a zombie, that was fun :3

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mighty Avengers and New Avengers are ongoing before Dark Avengers(and during) as the Avengers are split into "three teams" by Bendis. But both Mighty and New Avengers are the first split and eventually the Dark Avengers are another? There are reading orders out there but its complex and massive.
Yea it is massive lol, thats why I only want to stick to Cap and New Avengers. Will probably put down New Avengers by the time it hits vol. 2 also. Just want the gist of whats going on in the lead up to Dark Reign and Siege.

I really need to get my backlog down quickly lol. Just remembered that Hickman's Secret Warriors spins out of Secret Invasion, which is also a book that I really want to read damnit.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Chelsea Cain on blast

Best Webcomic

Scoob & Shag was robbed

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying Runaways and Immortal Hulk are neck and neck as Marvel's best stuff in years, and I'm glad to be vindicated.

Would love to see Exit Stage Left take home an Eisner too.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Faith Erin Hicks get an Eisner nom for The Divided Earth, she's a really great cartoonist and seems like a really nice person to boot.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Bendis's New Avengers is pretty boring lol. I dunno how long im going to last if it stays at this pace.

I did just start the Super Sons of Tomorrow arc. Jimenez is so freaking good on this book. Sucks that this is the end of his time on the book though.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is this real? Is Chelsea Cain considered transphobic purely because there were no trans teens in maneater? Please tell me there is more to it than that. Because I'm inclined to call bullshit on that.

I think said she was "gender critical" during that kerfluffle. That's considered to be a big dog whistle for tphobes and TERFs in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.