• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
You and me both! Good luck avoiding spoilers man, I've been doing alright up until now, hope I can manage until I see it.

Thanks, same to you! We'll get there, hollllllld on just a little longer... ;-)

If I didn't have to work on the internet, I'd be long gone. YouTube is horrible right now, so many "ending explained!" videos where the thumbnails already hint too much. Ugh. After I leave work today, I'm almost entirely offline for the weekend, then hopefully I can head to the flicks with my lady, avoid any jerks talking about it openly on their way out, and relax/enjoy.

Long shot, I know.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the HC for the only recent book to have something important to say is coming soon.

The MM HC trade dress fucked up such a great cover. Put the damned stickers and press quotes on the back cover!

Man it's about time someone else checked that book out, It's such a blast

Yay! Someone else read Crowded!
The first arc is kinda goofy but after that it's great. Shame it got cut short.

+1, I read it last month (once again, big thanks to tim1138 for gifting me it for my birthday :D) and thought it was a really good time. Willing to cop to it and say it's exactly the kind of book I thought looked really fun from announcement but may never have got around to, I tend to let funny stuff fall between the cracks of my reading for some reason. Looking forward to it coming back!

Read some more yesterday night. The near future sci-fi aspect is super well done! Charlie is super unlikeable without making you want to quit the book. That is hard to pull off for a central character. The whole streamer arc is rather savage commentary.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Soule's DD is solid, I think. Starts meh, gets a lot better once Soule puts his lawyering experience to work and stays good from there. The ending is pretty ballsy too. Though of like, all the DD runs since Bendis its probably the weakest and I imagine Zdarsky's will be better.

Also as someone moving today I understand the pain of moving physical comic... or at least the movers I hired will.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the HC for the only recent book to have something important to say is coming soon.

The MM HC trade dress fucked up such a great cover. Put the damned stickers and press quotes on the back cover!

Read some more yesterday night. The near future sci-fi aspect is super well done! Charlie is super unlikeable without making you want to quit the book. That is hard to pull off for a central character. The whole streamer arc is rather savage commentary.

Oh Charlie is the absolute worst, but Sebela nails it by balancing her out with Vita. You don't necessarily want Charlie to survive, but you don't want Vita to fail either.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been googling and I can't figure this out. I've seen a reference to Madame Masque having her face repaired but I don't see any references to when or how it happened.

In Bendis' Invincible Iron Man they don't show any indication of scarring or anything and they do give some decent glimpses of her face. Her mask is also semi transparent. (The lips move, which seems especially unnecessary for a comic book).

That book made me pretty curious about Iron Man's history with her, but it looks like that stuff happened in like the 70s and 80s so I doubt it's a great read.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I really miss having my tpb collection out on display and easily accessible to read. I packed it all away a few years ago and switched to a digital collection but I'm really tempted at the moment to just rearrange a load of stuff in the room and get it all back out and on shelves.

Switching to digital worked for a while but I don't read nearly as much as I used to now and I think that's partially why.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Gerads draws Wally. That's me speaking only positively about this week's HiC.
Gerards has really grown on me over the years. My first exposure to him was that rather racist Punisher panel someone posted here years ago and I kind of just wrote him off. But since then, he's really grown. His art in Mister Miracle especially was fantastic.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
She is the worst but also she's a fucking blast

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Got both. Thanos in my size and Captain Marvel for the lady as a Mother's Day present. Easy drop.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p8m2akQYue1skrm3ho1_500.gif

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Every day that passes, it gets harder to avoid spoilers... waiting for my wife to put me out of my misery and decide which day she's free so we can finally see it.

I need free, Mike!
Everyone's being pretty good about spoilers in real-life. I think it's an event.

(Go see it quietly without the wife and then act surprised when you see it with her.)

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Okay, so, BPRD Hell on Earth. I quite liked Plage of Frogs but this part was better and i love it. The more grounded and personal approach helped a lot after the big-scale last omni of PoF

All in all, I liked pretty much everything.
Fenix is a great character and it was pretty fun seeing her and Liz just running around encountering the consequences of the Ogdru Hem, plus Daimio doing his thing at the beginning (and his death :( )
Then there were the stories that just followed a random squad going on missions, and those were great too.
Really really liked Agent Howards and Abyss of Time, Harren draws the hell out of that dude
I still didn't like Johann at first but he got some nice developments in the latter half and kinda redeemed himself a bit. Loved the Sledgehammer
Black Flame was Amazing, especially the arc with James Harren. The other arc with his death (End of Days?) I didn't quite enjoy as much, the art may have played a part but it also felt... I dunno. just weird.
But Iosif and Varvara are just super cool characters and I loved all their scenes, especially those in the end when he's thinking of freeing her, and when they go to Hell. It was nice seeing that again.

The ending was also much much stronger than PoF, reminded me more of Hellboy in Hell, more subdued in tone, more melancholic. Kate and Panya and Iosif and Johann all will be missed. :(

But still, I feel like it wrapped up too soon. I would've liked a couple more arcs. I understand that there's still Abe and Devil u Know but I would've liked Panya to actually do something, she looked like she was always planning something but never actually did anything except help Fenix and that final thing. There's also the whole thing with Howards and his magic, he was branding his stones with hexes and shit but didn't do anything with them either. Then there's the whole Vampire thing from Pickens County Horrors, which might be dealt with in Abe, since it was mentioned there, but I'm not very far into that series yet. I wanna see more Varvara now that she's free. And I also wanted a couple more stories about the Exorcist

But I'm still feeling pretty satisfied

Started Abe Sapien too, 2/3 through the first Dark and Terrible omni and I'm not a fan of Scott Allie's stories so far. They seem... messy? weird? I liked his stories in BPRD but this is.... it's ok I guess but a big step down from everything else

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This thread spends so much time talking about Shonen Jump, but no love is given for Act-Age. Or Eden's Zero. For shame.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.