• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uh... Apocalypse's horsemen are more then just 4 mutants he's mechanized to do shit for him?
These are the original horsemen from Egypt. They are regular mutants I think, some if not all are children of Apocalypse. The other horsemen through history are just replacements for the original 4.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
fuck it I'm down for sword x-men. How does one keep up and catch up with such things?
Read the House of X/Power of X minis, then read Dawn of X X-Men and maybe Excalibur to current if you really want to know everything for X of Swords.
Or just read the recap below:
www.gamesradar.com

X-Men X of Swords event: story, cast, checklist, and everything else we know

Say hello to 'X of Swords' - the first event in Marvel's 'Dawn of X' X-Men era
And start with X of Swords 1 next week.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the actual story gives more context, but I'm not getting shonen villain vibes from those guys at all.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This stuff reminds me of when Chris Claremont came back to the X-books and gave us the Neo.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Those fuckers are bound to come back.
Didn't they get the pathetic off-panel deaths they deserved?
Oh, but maybe the council will consider them mutants...
I'm on Unlimited and a little behind even there. Did they ever explain Kitty not being compatible with Krakoa?
It's because she's a fucking Neo, isn't it? SMDH

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Those designs look fun, but they're like 0% Bleach my dude. You need to put on your Blindfold of Power.

I could maybe see some of them as Stands, but even then, that's pretty tenuous. They look like comic book characters.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Summoner Apoc's grandchild and just hanging out on Krakoa?

Can't wait for the line "I am the sword!"

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they get the pathetic off-panel deaths they deserved?
Oh, but maybe the council will consider them mutants...
The Neo are mutants, they're just inbreeding mutants who think themselves superior.

And their deaths weren't off panel, they got killed on-panel because they were considered to stagnate the mutant gene pool.

But revived Neo would fall in line with Krakoa. I can see them coming back and going to war over the fact that Xavier and Magneto are pulling off what they tried to do and going off in a fit of envious rage.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Summoner Apoc's grandchild and just hanging out on Krakoa?

Can't wait for the line "I am the sword!"
There's three Summoner's. The one we've seen is Nur's grandchild. The books vaguely allude to Summoners and other factions defecting, so it's safe to assume that this Summoner is one of the characters that defected.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Call me crazy, but if I had a healing factor I'd want the Muramasa Blade as far away from me as possible. Preferably in another dimension.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Is that Forge with a Sword-Gun? Has the reason why they're all using swords been revealed yet? This all looks pretty awesome.
Other than Magik, Wolverine, and Rachel --Magik always having a sword and Rachel using the Phoenix sword from ages ago along with Wolverine's sword-- only Apocalypse and Professor X have had backstories given to their weapons.

Xavier's is from the remnants of his last Cerebro helmet, and Apocalypse's is from thousands of years ago that he used to cleave the sentient mutant island Okkara in half to become Arakko and Krakoa.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But yeah, these guys don't look like anime. As was mentioned, closest they look like is Jojo stands, but for the most part, they just look like Hickman characters.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last week's prelude that told the story of the first generation of mutants was Dark Souls as hell, actually. Like "check with legal we can do that" inspired.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself I need to get back on track with the X-Men books. Now everyone has a sword & I have to know why.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself I need to get back on track with the X-Men books. Now everyone has a sword & I have to know why.

In the same boat. X-Men books seem like they have been a wild ride lately and I don't want to miss out anymore.

I assume part of the comics leading to this are House of X and Powers of X, any other issues or series?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
In the same boat. X-Men books seem like they have been a wild ride lately and I don't want to miss out anymore.

I assume part of the comics leading to this are House of X and Powers of X, any other issues or series?
There are, but they're not worth immediate reads. Use your basic Xmen knowledge plus a skim of the Marvel wiki and then start with House/Powers.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Some of the swords look cool. Wolverine's corny ass would pick the katana wouldn't he.

Dunno why this is anime though, looks like some Souls weapons.

Oct 25, 2017

There's a recap above but if you want to dive in then read House and Powers, all of Excalibur and XMen 12 for the most straight line story.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
If the X-Men were Captains, who would the 13 Captains be?

You really have to run the gamut in character archetypes and fashion designs, so basically pick the 13 most diverse X-Men and then tack the rest on as lieutenants. Preference goes to old timers (Professor X, Storm, etc.) because of how seniority works in Japanese culture, but you need at least one improbably young captain in there (Jubilee?).

You're also more than welcome to have villains in the roster, because shonen. Juggernaut's probably your "Kenpachi", for example.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
How are X-sales (I realize the pandemic probably put a big dent in them)

I hear nothing but great things about the X-books from comic book fans but a lot of this seems like the very definition of impenetrable to non geeks (luckily I'm a geek). Similar to Hickman's Avengers run, which I love but I don't think I'd recommend for someone not familiar with decades of comics.