• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
I would love to know how it meets "siege" .

Also I would loooove for a Battle Royale in the R6Siege universe ...

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds rubbish, I don't want only team play, if it has solo andswuads as well then I'll be interested.

This would certainly be something though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If it's real, then I wonder if it'll be on Source or Frostbite.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
A free to play Titanfall...
...that's a Battle Royale game...
...that may not even have Titans in it(?!)...
...stealth-releasing right around the time EA is gearing up for Anthem's launch...?????????

What.

I mean when you put it like this it sounds exactly like something EA would do.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean when you put it like this it sounds exactly like something EA would do.

A rushed BR game to go along with Anthem to get people to subscribe to Origin access does sound like something they'd do after it was clear BFV wouldn't fill that gap. Anthem doesn't have PvP.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EA is going to release this up against Anthem and Battlefield V: Firestorm? Lol okay, good luck with that.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
This sounds like one of those wacky Street Fighter V predictions from X-Kira that never materialize. That said, its sad to think this could sound plausible to happen given how poorly EA has managed their game releases these past few years.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
I'm just hoping it does have the movement and momentum you could achieve in the prior Titanfall titles. Incredibly cracked gameplay. Players could do things to you, which you didn't even believe could be done in a video game.

But if these rumours are true, this is an accessible Battle Royale with abilities, with the Titanfall name slapped on it. 😢

As long as the developers believe in it, I'll believe in it. Otherwise it smells of "we just bought you and now you make us trendy video game #7" and ludicrous "if we drop an ad at the Super Bowl, people will definitely play this video game that has been undermined in both of it's title launches". I wish I had that much money to just throw around. Oh and Anthem is coming out within a couple of weeks. 💩🌪

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I had to force myself to stop playing Titanfall 2 because it completely dominated my gaming time for an entire year. Best FPS of the gen by a mile.

I don't know what to think of this thing, but I'll definitely check it out.

Update

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is real right? TF BR i mean

Yes. We've heard from multiple sources and seen tangible evidence that the game exists and that the information in the OP is based on real information.

That being said, we're keeping this marked as a rumor for now until there is official confirmation from EA, which shouldn't be too long according to the OP.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely gonna give this a try. Let's just do that before slamming it into the ground already, lol.

Do we know anything else? Engine, fps? Surely 60fps?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I can easily understand a Blops4 Blackout style Titanfall battle royale but I can't wrap my head around what the Siege part means.
Destructible environments? Because having a destructible environment where you can smash into a house with a titan where people are hiding in the bath tub sounds great. If it means its slower paced like Siege, I'm out.

Maybe character classes with abilities. TF already has that , so it would make sense to describe it in a framing that people might otherwise understand

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could be big, I always felt titan fall was hectic and fast paced that it made it Unenjoyable to have fun after a while, excited to see how different this is

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Dropping a Titanfall BR without any prior hype or exposure weeks before Anthem. Sounds like a marvelous idea.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Does it at least have TF movement? No Titans is probably due to shitfest of 60 Titans running wild, but it needs to have movement and wallruning.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I was just talking to a friend the other day how I wish we had got that cancelled Asian free to play titanfall , so this news would be welcoming .

Crazy how ea would release this anywhere near anthem (which has a titanfall feel with the mechs). More titanfall is always welcome so I'm keen to see how this goes .

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just talking to a friend the other day how I wish we had got that cancelled Asian free to play titanfall , so this news would be welcoming .

Crazy how ea would release this anywhere near anthem (which has a titanfall feel with the mechs). More titanfall is always welcome so I'm keen to see how this goes .

Once again I wish we lived in a world where Anthem was a game made by Respawn set in the Titanfall universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.