• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
GTA V marked the start of all of their studios working on a single game.

Several of the GTA V leads from Rockstar North were also in charge of RDR 2; Imran Sarwar, Phil Humphries, Aaron Garbut, Phil Hooker.

A smaller-scale game like Bully is possible, but I don't know if it would happen before GTA VI.
if GTA 6 is next, when will rockstar announce it, seeing as they announce their games 2 years before release generally

lactatingduck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"According to a report" is what comicbook.com always says so they can do a click bait article without doing the work.

Citing a YouTuber as a "report" is laughable.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
3buwpuegqco31.png

these are new arrivals. It doesn't mean much but its hint that maybe Bully 2 is coming soon, theres so many hints in RDR 2 and GTA Online that B2 is their next game

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I wonder if R* has the power to say "every sale for PS4 is valid for PS5 as well". Only way it can release on both at the same time. Otherwise it makes no sense, they wont release it only for just released hardware and wont release it on hardware that is gonna be last gen in a few months or weeks.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Too many Bully 2 rumblings in the last three years

Its fucking happening

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it said current gen consoles in 2020, next gen consoles in 2021 and PC in 2022 I might have believed it.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Rockstar have Bully merch on sale right around the same time as the "Kevin's Back Jack" drama? That's not to say it means nothing (I'd love it if Bully 2 were a real thing) but it probably means nothing.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
There's a 0.0 percent chance that means anything. Specifically because there's no way 3 major games drop information on the same day like that, especially not if one is Rockstar.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This is honestly more exciting to me than GTA6. Bully is/was a really cool spin on the Rockstar formula, and I had a blast playing it. There was also a lot of room for improvement so this is very exciting news :) next gen release around their launch? OMG next gen is going to start with a bang I have a feeling.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why Sony? Microsoft also have a show tomorrow...

Let's keep it real here, how many people actually care about that? I'm not trying to shit on MS but I've noticed a few times today people keep trying to bring their thing up whenever others are discussing games that might show up at Sony's SoP. I don't follow MS/Xbox so don't I know if they announce new stuff on their own thing.

Omg the hype around the state of play tomorrow is just getting ridiculous now

I know right.
Is it fantastic ☺️

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Wasn't there also a rumor a while ago that Bully 2 would be a Sony exclusive? Because only a PS4 version was listed or something? I highly doubt that though. And no way it will be revealed tomorrow. If Bully 2 is even happening, wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar is all aboard for GTA 6 now.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Wasn't there also a rumor a while ago that Bully 2 would be a Sony exclusive? Because only a PS4 version was listed or something? I highly doubt that though. And no way it will be revealed tomorrow. If Bully 2 is even happening, wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar is all aboard for GTA 6 now.

Better not be a PS4 exclusive, or me and Rockstar are gonna have some problems.

Aug 26, 2019
I think that it's pretty clear a Bully 2 was in some level of development at some point. It got canned/indefinitely put on the backburner to free up resource for RDR2 and GTAVI, and will never see the light of day. It's basically Agent, only it was never announced.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's real they need to announce it soon for release next year then when its about 3 months to release it gets a 9 month delay where it lands on its actual 2021 release.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Better not be a PS4 exclusive, or me and Rockstar are gonna have some problems.

Yeah there's no way this would happen. Maybe years ago, not anymore.

I think that it's pretty clear a Bully 2 was in some level of development at some point. It got canned/indefinitely put on the backburner to free up resource for RDR2 and GTAVI, and will never see the light of day. It's basically Agent, only it was never announced.

This would absolutely be horrible, but a very plausible situation. Man I would almost kill for a Bully 2. If it means we wait much longer for GTA 6....no prob at all!

Yan confirmed bully 2 is coming

Who?

Oct 27, 2017
Too many Bully 2 rumblings in the last three years

Its fucking happening

I'd love it to be true, but it really doesn't seem likely to me. Why would they do a sequel to a game that came out well over a decade ago, didn't offer anything unique compared to their biggest franchise (it was basically GTA: The College Gears) and wasn't even all that successful. I mean, the Midnight Club games were much bigger and they haven't revisited that series so I really don't seem them bringing back Bully.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'd love it to be true, but it really doesn't seem likely to me. Why would they do a sequel to a game that came out well over a decade ago, didn't offer anything unique compared to their biggest franchise (it was basically GTA: The College Gears) and wasn't even all that successful. I mean, the Midnight Club games were much bigger and they haven't revisited that series so I really don't seem them bringing back Bully.

Honestly, I feel like just the sheer fact that it's a Rockstar 'franchise' would make it perform well and it could be at least as different from GTA as RDR is/was thematically and gameplay-wise to warrant it.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder how bully would tackle modern schools now with social media. Most bullying isn't physical anymore.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Because Rockstar is an extremely huge brand now, and they feel like Bully has a foundation that has the ability to grow into a popular franchise that is distinct enough from GTA and RDR...

Sep 14, 2019
I honestly don't see a world where Rockstar sees a new Bully as a profitable enough concept to execute on. It would sell great and make a lot of money, but not as much as just focusing on RDR and GTA.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd kind of like a Bully 2 that's somewhat like Yakuza, going around a college town and engaging in various attractions. Maybe add activity points that limit how many things you can do before the next day.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how bully would tackle modern schools now with social media. Most bullying isn't physical anymore.
Oof. Social media and smartphones would likely kill my interest in the sequel. I seriously hope it would be a period piece.
As cool as GTA's internet can be, emulating the nightmare that is social media would interfere with Bully's more innocent nostalgic charm, not to mention the anachronistic quality of the setting. Though I guess it could work if they got real weird with it because there is some comedy to be mined from mixing an archetype like the greasers with modern technology.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Rockstar games sell minimum 20 million copies now a days

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
If the camp rumours come true it would sell me on Bully 2 instantly, you get the more light hearted mischievous comedy compared to GTAs more edgy stuff.
It would also come with all the side activities you would expect from the camp style situation and Rockstar are known for their homages to film, just think of all the comedies and horror camp tropes they could put a twist on.