• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like the classic individual costumes for the most part, though when uniform the black and white x-force is top-tier, though it could have been any artist than Liefeld for your example.
latest

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The TAS 90s uniforms suck too people

Jim Lee's designs are mad meh and you're all fueled by children's memories

Fuck the Evolution cartoon uniforms are better and they're not top tier either

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men always look best when they incorporate aspects of a uniform into their own unique looks. Any truly uniform team is meh at best.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The TAS 90s uniforms suck too people

Jim Lee's designs are mad meh and you're all fueled by children's memories

Fuck the Evolution cartoon uniforms are better and they're not top tier either
You have my sword. I will never understand the intense love for ultra-generic day-glo superhero suits coupled with superfluous straps upon straps and/or bomber jackets.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I will never fuck with the weird full-head-mask Cyclops. It makes him literally look like a dickhead. Scott's gotta have his hair out or it just doesn't work, haha.

Some of them work, but the blue suit and black visor with such small amounts of yellow to break it up doesn't really work. It needs some bigger pops of a secondary color to break up the form.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They've aged like that 2002 Oakley look they're sporting. Or so I've heard, I wasn't born at the time.

My MVP uniforms remain black Spider-Man (before Venom), bomber jacket Avengers, OG X-Factor and Jim Lee black and yellow X-Men.

This reminds me, rereading Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants, I've been meaning to make a thread why the Marauders are the best villain team.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If you want Scott to look like a literal supervillain, yeah, it works. But I don't really get "hero" out of that design.

Cyclops is a leader and a hero to mutants in a world that hates and fears them

This is the Cyclops you put on pamphlets in mutant communities to say there's a mutant hero who fights for you and your rights and your freedoms

This is the Cyclops that says I'm here to fight for mutants not be some boyscout poster boy mutant hero for all that make humans feel better about themselves

This is the fuck the Bourgeois Both Sides Neolib Avengers who don't give a shit about mutants

There's a reason the X-Men told everyone to go fuck themselves in Civil War because none of those assholes lifted a finger during the Mutant Registration Act or gives two shits about fascist mutant killing giant robots that tend to when left unchecked come for everyone else too.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was always facinated by this universe's Cyclops. Was he an anime nerd or something?
whatifhappen9.jpg

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Lee's costume design for the Xmen is the king but i also have a soft-spot for Joe Madureira's space costume's for the Xmen team that was sent/kidnapped to the Shiar to help against the Phalanx(iirc costume debut was Uncanny X-men 342).

latest

0c_EcMa26sc-Bz98so1HNTt-j0NgvigDAay2bHUdAVWHGB82n25z2MsoFogSF_KCzqA6DvP34QD3=s1600

Speaking of Joe Mad art, I've always had a soft spot for the Age of Apocalypse designs:

B00AAJR4Y6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
B00AAJR504.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Men.jpg

You get a Magneto collar! You get a Magneto collar! Everybody gets a brand new Magneto collar!

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Coipel is great but on the flipside, that Wood run was kind of shit (without touching on Wood himself).

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
As a team, maybe not, but it's the absolute best Gambit ever looked.

706135._SY475_.jpg

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
I actually agree with OP - even though I would debate over a tie between x-factor and New X-Men on the third position.
Side thread hot take gere: I actually think Xtreme X-Men becomes a really good comic after the dimension X arc and improves even further after Igor Kordey becomes the main artist.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Speaking of Joe Mad art, I've always had a soft spot for the Age of Apocalypse designs:

B00AAJR4Y6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
B00AAJR504.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Age-of-Apocalypse-X-Men.jpg

You get a Magneto collar! You get a Magneto collar! Everybody gets a brand new Magneto collar!

Joe Mad and Bachalo really went off in that. Heck, you could even understand what was going on in Bachalo's layouts (kind of). But then you get to Cyclops, Jean and Wolverine...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any era of suits where Gambit looks like the badass he is, is always the best.
Age of X had some of my favorite X-Men outfits
d075a90d0e76fca71202cda85d6fd722.jpg