• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
861451.jpg

377734._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Second place The X-force Hitter uniform
l8jglrq8tk411.jpg

3rd 90s Xfactor
91SvXMSVOPL.jpg

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the cartoon/Marvel vs Capcom designs.
Bold, bright, and iconic.
As completely useless as they would be in the field they are by far my favorite.
When I see X-men in black or dark outfits it never really clicks for me.

SnappyInsignificantAnemonecrab-max-1mb.gif

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, the Jim Lee stuff is hardly a uniform, but they're definitely the best and most iconic looks.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm going to be crucified but I love the Ultimate X-Men uniforms. (Probably because I grew up with the X-Men Legends games.)

9782809422276_1_75.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Astonishing Era is best. But Xtreme is a close 2nd.

It's literally my favorite costume for Rogue outside her original one.

I also miss Rogue's sleeve tattoo.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Just like real fashion, outfits from previous decades can look badly out of style. Uniforms from the 80s and 90s are going to look dated.

The matching outfits of X-Force and Xenogenesis look best to me. More modern, and if they're going to be a team, have team uniforms. Emma the fashion rebel isn't a team player.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I like Sal Larroca, I really do, but no. And I'm leaning towards a trolling too because of all the images to show off the black/white X-force uniforms, you put a Liefeld?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I like my Xmen uniforms… uniform.

latest

I dunno... I love Jim Lee's art (even now) but it has that weird diaper thing that just gets worse for the X-women like Psylockhe when her belt is way too high.

Also, if the toys taught me anything it's that those thigh pouches look really stupid in 3d.

I do think Kitty wears it well, but that's probably because for a long time before Shadowcat she didn't have a costume (or she had terrible costumes)

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
The 90's Jim Lee x-men suits were the best. On a side note, If I was one of the x-women in the group i would ask to not wear a bathing suit as a uniform.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like the classic individual costumes for the most part, though when uniform the black and white x-force is top-tier, though it could have been any artist than Liefeld for your example.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Also I miss the original X-force and their awesome costumes drawn by Greg Capullo. I was never much of an x-men fan, but I loved the old x-force comics.

NCseoBp.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This. Anytime I think X-men these are the kinds of images that pop into my head. Lee's art was just amazing.

This was probably the most high profile time the X-men ever had, including the Animated series which also had these designs. So I think for nostalgia purposes, the pre-Image Jim Lee era does it for them. For others it'll be closer to the Cockrum/Byrne/Paul Smith era.

Heck, someone out there probably prefers Bandanna Wolverine with bone claws or whatever.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Oh, right, almost forgot, while New X-men might be my canon favorite, if we can bend the rules to include conceptual art, I'll also throw my vote behind Alex Ross' X-Men redesigns.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Jim Lee's costume design for the Xmen is the king but i also have a soft-spot for Joe Madureira's space costume's for the Xmen team that was sent/kidnapped to the Shiar to help against the Phalanx(iirc costume debut was Uncanny X-men 342).

latest

0c_EcMa26sc-Bz98so1HNTt-j0NgvigDAay2bHUdAVWHGB82n25z2MsoFogSF_KCzqA6DvP34QD3=s1600

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
These designs are deeply rooted in some of my favorite childhood memories, so it has to be this for me as well. I do love the Astonishing designs as well as the OG era X-Men.

images
I like the Astonishing and OG designs as well, but yeah, it has to be the Jim Lee costumes. Too much nostalgia
This. Anytime I think X-men these are the kinds of images that pop into my head. Lee's art was just amazing.
One of the best to ever illustrate

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Storm's rocking the mohawk she can wear whatever she wants.

I grew up with the '80s X-Men so that's what feels the best to me.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Jim Lee's costume design for the Xmen is the king but i also have a soft-spot for Joe Madureira's space costume's for the Xmen team that was sent/kidnapped to the Shiar to help against the Phalanx(iirc costume debut was Uncanny X-men 342).

latest

0c_EcMa26sc-Bz98so1HNTt-j0NgvigDAay2bHUdAVWHGB82n25z2MsoFogSF_KCzqA6DvP34QD3=s1600

I love Joe Mad as much as the next guy (when he was actually drawing stuff regularly) but I think that second picture shows his designs don't really work when other artists do them.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I always knew your obscure knowledge was just a cover story for having absolutely trash mainstream opinions

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
You should close this thread for using Liefeld art in the op. Disgraceful.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who doesn't admit that the New Mutants classic iconic student uniform, that Kitty Pryde basically adopted later, is the definitive X uniform is lying to themselves