• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
c5d4072fbc1fa6f18d674bf920311f02--comic-book-covers-dc-comic.jpg
a-580x892.jpg

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Devastated. Fuck cancer.

You are a legend, George. I can't put into words how much your work has changed my life for the better. Thank you so much for everything.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I loved his work. Shame I never got to meet him in person but I'm glad he was at peace. RIP to a legend. The world is a lot worse with your passing.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pancreatic cancer is a goddamn nightmare.

Perez was one of the true legends of the industry. R.I.P.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Dude was a true legend of his craft, and his work a huge part of my childhood. R.I.P.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
RIP to the GOAT of massive crowd scenes...

Before I knew who he was, I stumbled into his work on Marvel Two In One, specifically the Project Pegasus saga. The end featured this, which was all the more striking for pushing the boundaries of the omnipresent Marvel House Style
tio%2B58%2Bnth%2Bman.jpg

Ran across his work in Avengers as well, great stuff. Not long after, he and Marv Wolfman launched New Teen Titans, where he could go more off the chain, and I was hooked for life. I was always excited when he'd work on a book I was already into as well. Then Crisis came along, and oh man. What a ride, and I can't imagine anyone else being able to pull that off.

I'd read things I might not have otherwise when he worked on them. Not sure I'm would have been reading Infinity Gauntlet if not for his involvement, as I knew nothing about Thanos then.

My favorite thing by him is probably JLA/Avengers, something fanboy me, who could care less about universes and company rivalries but who loved all these characters, had always wanted.

Thanks for all the great comics, George.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Pérez wished to go out peacefully and going by Constance's message he got his wish. RIP to a legend.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, so sad about this.
Just like 1 month ago i saw an amazing video by comictropes of Perez, talking about his legendary work.
RIP :(

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Tragic news. When I think of the Avengers I always first think of his artwork. Reading the Heroes Return storyline as a kid I was so impressed how he managed that massive Avengers roster at the start of the reboot. Dozens of different characters on each page, it was crazy and amazing. RIP.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
RIP, fuck cancer. Hands down, one of the GOATs to ever do the damn thing. He will be missed, but it's obvious to see how he will live on through everyone else to pick up a pencil and draw capes.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I was never too big on DC and Marvel comics, but I do remember reading some Superman and Wonder Woman comics from him and his art was truly iconic. It truly helped define that era.

RIP to a Legend.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
RIP to someone who was, by all accounts, something beyond a legend of the medium - he was a great human being. And that, my friends, is why this loss stings than most.

Thanks for everything, George. You've earned your rest now, beyond the infinite.