• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Sale's Joker was my all-time favorite look. just a pure derangement of design.

RIP to one of the GOATs

tt6kXty.jpg

Jun 8, 2020
I know everyone will talk Long Halloween (rightly so), but Daredevil Yellow is just, ah, *chef kiss*. Just the best and arguably Daredevil's best yellow suit design. Sale was a king and used color and shadow to convey so much emotion. Comics lost a good one today!RIP

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
This has really brought me down. Goddamn.

Sale was a master with an awesome style. His legacy is incredible and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
A Superman for All Seasons and The Long Halloween are both favorites in my house. Sale was a legend.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I met him at ComicCon in 2006 and he was such a sweet guy.

I was waiting for Scott Morse to finish a commissioned piece of artwork, then Tim walked up and spoke with me for 10 minutes or so about The Flash and why he was such an amazing character. I was completely stunned by how down to Earth he was. May he rest in peace.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
I dont read comics much anymore but this guy was the GOAT. I'd take Long Halloween any day over Year One/Dark Knight Returns.

RIP King

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rest in peace. 66 is far too young. Enjoyed his work on The Long Halloween, Spider-Man: Blue, and Daredevil: Yellow.

spider-man_blue2.jpg

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn, RIP. Losing yet another legendary comic artist. :( The Long Halloween and Dark Victory are wonderful books, and even the special that came out last year is great.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, lots of amazing work - my favourite being Spider-Man: Blue. It's probably the pinnacle of Spider-Man for me:

1_jIV-VVU6CYZ4nzkZ5qgghS3YHZRdzLvDu6KkmZsSU.jpg

RIP

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
That's George Perez, Neal Adams, and now Tim Sale all in 2022. All legends. Like so many here, Long Halloween and Dark Victory are some of my favorite comics of all time. I loved Spider-Man Blue as well. RIP.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
TLH is probably my favorite of the Absolute editions I own, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Gorgeous art and great thriller story.

If you like it and Dark Victory, you can also read Haunted Knight and Catwoman When in Rome, which share the same creative team and retain the same vibe, even if they're not as fantastic.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Long Halloween was the first DC book I ever bought. It's fantastic. Time Sale's artwork is instantly recognisable and iconic.