• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
I suppose this video pretty much explains itself.

It's fine to not be a fan of the stuff, but his approach here is uhh... Bad.

His reasoning to insult people that watch it is also incredibly outdated.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to take the middleground approach here and say that wrestling is dumb but the people who like it aren't dumb because they enjoy it.

OP
OP

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to take the middleground approach here and say that wrestling is dumb but the people who like it aren't dumb just because they enjoy it.

As a lifelong fan of pro wrestling, this is exactly right. We are all very aware that it isn't "real" and to claim that there are still a ton of people that watch it like it is real is some real ancient ass out of date insult, and really shows willful ignorance to the subject.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Lol most people know its fake, so I don't get why that is still a thing , I I only get annoyed when people say wrestling doesn't hurt, like people think the rings are soft pillows or something , yo that shit hurts.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
My counter argument to him is..."Oh! Did you see John Wick. Did you see how many people he killed? Did you see the action?" BUT I knew going into the movie that these were scripted actors and actresses in a scripted environment. I didn't go in there expecting real people to be killed. That would be sick. Do I think Cats has real cats talking upright on a Broadway stage? Certainly not. I knew before hand that it was being acted out for my entertainment.

99% of wrestling fans KNOW it is fake just like they KNOW a TV series or a movie isn't real. They watch or go to it to be entertained. Nothing more. That all aside, I will never listen to this guy again for his comments about the Special Olympics and the courageous people who participate in them. He can forever go fuck himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Maaaaaaan that was a weak sauce roast with abelist gravy.

I loves me some wrestling but if you're gonna dog it, make fun of the people for going after THEY KNOW it's fake. The whole "they think it's real" gimmick is olllllld. Might as well a used car sales bit or an Elvis impersonation

Lemme explain why this guy fucking sucks at his job. He has no idea how to be funny. You can't look at wrestling and be dismissive. That's not a joke, that's a general sentiment. That's not funny.

No if you say "wrestling sucks and it's going to kill us all" that's a funny bit. You got some place to exaggerate. Making the absurd dangerous or tragic tickles ya brain. This is just one path you can take. But instead this fuckwad sees the easiest, lowest hanging fruit and goes for it.

Sad part is, many people are gonna get defensive about pro wrestling instead of clowning on this most try-hard "I'm a man" fuckface david cross wannabe failed comic. Ooooo you have whiskey on the table, aren't you a risk taker.

Last edited:

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
And out here defending the legitimacy of pro wrestling is Sam Roberts and Ryan Satin. We're not exactly sending our best ambassadors.

OP
OP

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
And out here defending the legitimacy of pro wrestling is Sam Roberts and Ryan Satin. We're not exactly sending our best ambassadors.

Plenty of wrestlers are chiming in with comments there, but anyone that's not an asshole should be able to see the issue with his approach here, whether they are a fan of wrestling or not.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Imagine thinking that you're smarter than people for knowing wrestling is fake, just imagine being that dude

Oh and lets just fling the word retard around like its 1982.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
He forgot homophobia on the "Insult wrestling" Bingo but checked off pretty much everything else and even some stuff that isn't on the sheet like the Special Olympics.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i mean, that's his opinion on something he clearly doesn't know anything about. not gonna make me stop watching or question it lol. is he gonna call people that watch any theater stupid too? that isn't real either!

at least go after people for supporting stupid, evil carnies. and for supporting a cruel and often times toxic industry. the 'fakeness' is the least of the problems with wrasslin.

just makes me think less of him in a pretty significant way. it's pretty much self-ownage in video form.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
What year is this? This pro wrestling is fake convo have been done to death already for decades. Everyone and their grandmom already knows it's pre-determined.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's plenty of ways to critique the stupidity of the WWE, but this one feels like it is about 30 years behind the curve. Everybody knows that it is fake dude. It's an incredibly stupid low-grade form of action-entertainment that is watched week-in and week-out by people who don't even enjoy it anymore, and that's what's worth mocking -- not some imaginary lunkhead who thinks it is real. Those people don't exist anymore.

I don't know who Tom Segura is, other than Netflix almost always wants me to watch his stand-up specials.

Dec 3, 2019
User banned (Permanent): Trolling, account in junior phase
WWE and it's hardcore fans are incredibly stupid but he shouldn't phrase it like that.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be ridiculous, there is definitely an undead being that wrestles.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
There is literally no one who thinks it's real. Wrestlers are not competitors, they are performers putting on a very athletic show. This asshole knows ZERO about pro wrestling and decided to make a dumbass assumption.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Having watched a couple of what seems to be A LOT of stand up specials on Netflix, I'm not surprised. I'm surprised he has that many things on Netflix though.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Who's the other comedian saying almost equally stupid shit? It appears that conversation was setoff by the fact that she dated someone in the past who loved wrestling.

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought of pro Wrestling as a kind of fun soap opera for men. It's dramatic as hell and silly fun. Everyone knows it's fake but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It ain't for me but if you like it more power to ya.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You couldn't have found a more generic looking example of "pretentious white man" if you tried. Imagine caring what this guy thinks.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
nuCxPBJ.gif

Why haven't they arrest the driver?! That's attempted manslaughter!!!

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even that he's hating wrestling. It's just bad comedy. Everyone knows it's fake. No one watches it cause they think it's real. You fucking rube, you stupid duck.
And then hating on the Special Olympics is the extra cherry on top of the low hanging bad joke ice cream sundae.

And I say that as someone thats enjoyed a lot of Segura's work.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
It's not even that he's hating wrestling. It's just bad comedy. Everyone knows it's fake. No one watches it cause they think it's real. You fucking rube, you stupid duck.
And then hating on the Special Olympics is the extra cherry on top of the low hanging bad joke ice cream sundae.

And I say that as someone thats enjoyed a lot of Segura's work.
Yeah i get what he was trying to say and he hit the usual points that people mention about wrestling in general but that Special Olympics shit was uncalled for and made him look like an asshole.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know who Tom Segura is, other than Netflix almost always wants me to watch his stand-up specials.
So you do know he is...

Anyway, media can't be played. Sucks that he said the 'r' word but beyond that who cares how wrong he is about wrestling? If the joke sucks, roll your eyes and move on. This Trumpian "who cares what this FAILED COMIC nobody thinks anyway" is a bit thin-skinned but w/e

edit: clip finally started working. yeesh, i get it. i like his stand up okay but the podcast seems terrible

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same old tired argument. Not even offended outside of using the r-word.

Mar 3, 2019
Honestly as long as your hobby isn't harming others than have at it. The WWE has a lot problematic things stemming from the owner but that's mostly at a management level. Watching wrestling is no less valid than playing video games or coding for fun

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a few videos of theirs before seeing them use ableist language a lot. They don't even use it in a flippant way to describe a situation or to be self deprecating but as an insult to others or to literally say someone is mentally ill.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
That special Olympics comment was stomach-churning. How much contempt must you have inside you to say shit like that...?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I love people who only line of critique against wrestling is "its fake!" The general public has known wrestling was fake since the early 90's you stooge.