• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIP to a legend. For anyone who might not know, he was the voice actor of the love interest in that classic King of the Hill episode when Hank walks in on his mom having sex and goes blind:

t6ieu42szf541.jpg

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
The Comedians in cars getting coffee episode with him and Mel Brooks is wonderful.

So sad for Mel.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Carl . Dick Van Dyke show is considered such an influential show and it still stands the test of time. There'd be no Simpsons without it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

One of his last tweets, just three days ago.

I saw that he'd died and my immediate reaction was to be sad, but then I thought, "But why be sad? He lived a good, long life, longer than most. He had a storied career, a wife, kids. If anyone can be said to have led a really good life, it's probably him."

And then I scrolled and saw this.

Rest in Peace, Carl.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Comic legend and by all accounts just a lovely man. 98 is an amazing run but still. R.I.P.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
What a run. At least he got to see in Brooks' birthday.

There's plenty to remember him for, so I'd just like to touch on him popping up in an episode of House as Eugene Schwartz. Just a naturally funny, and lovely man.

Rest in peace.

Dec 22, 2017
Absolute legend. If you're a sitcom fan and haven't seen The Dick Van Dyke Show, do yourself a favor and start with Season 3 episode 1.
Basically every sitcom premise we know and love came from this show, or I Love Lucy.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Damn. RIP.

He lived a full life, but man this sucks. The fact that he still hung out with Mel Brooks regularly was really lovely.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So he's the father of Rob Reiner... I mean they share the same name but didn't make the connection.

Dammit, I'm dumb.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to watch "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" again.

Carl Reiner was a treasure, and he will be missed.

Last edited:

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

i remember he showed up on an episode of gilbert gottfrieds podcast a couple years ago and he still had it. its good that he had a long life and things were still working decently for him in his old age.

if you haven't seen the jerk, i highly recommend it

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
The Jerk is still one of the GOAT comedies it's held up remarkably well R.I.P

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
So many good works. Can't be sad about making it to 98 though. RIP

I frequently quote him from the opening of Ocean's Twelve on his goals. "I want the last check I write to bounce." Amen.

Oct 25, 2017
He was also on an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee which kinda turned into Mel & Carl watching Jeopardy for 50 years.

It was lovely.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
He was amazing, what I would have given to just spend one afternoon with him and Mel Brooks just shooting the shit.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this thread shared on Twitter - An adorable, wonderful story about Carl Reiner: